WoW 4.0.1

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
People are complaining way too much, while they should be happy they have those 2 months to check every thing out, to plan their builds for the expansion, see how different new mechanics play out and what rotations to use for best efficiency. It also allows the devs to see which skills are attractive to players, which need further balancing and how everything looks in the big picture.
Consider it a massive theorycraft beta before Cata comes out, it's not like your PvP scores nor end game raiding really matters so close to new expansion. Enjoy fooling around with all the new skills instead.

Sexy Devil

Jul 12, 2010
As a person who has played WoW since almost the start, I am loving these changes. The class mechanics are suddenly interesting rather than spamming an AoE button repeatedly and I can't wait to see the new Cataclysm dungeons with these changes. The people who are complaining have obviously never heard of the term 'strategy' and WotLK has spoiled the players far too much.

As for the level of bugs in the patch, this is by far the smoothest pre-expansion patch I've seen.

Zirat

May 16, 2009
The last thing I killed was Death from Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin.

Yeah, I'm boned...

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Sexy Devil said:
The people who are complaining have obviously never heard of the term 'strategy' and WotLK has spoiled the players far too much.
WotlK made WoW inaccessible to casual players (like me) who don't have the time or commitment to respec at every opportunity and mercilessly farm dungeons for every goddamn item you need just to get into that raid dungeon only to get more items to get you into the next one.

And the achievement whores. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK the achievement whores. Blizzard has deliberately made it impossible for the well-geared but first-comers to join end-raids. It's like ACHIEVEMENT OR FUCK OFF from every single goddamn raid leader, Pick-up-Group or otherwise.

Also, WoW is a weekend babysitter these days. How else do you explain the stupid in the chats all the fucking time? And don't get me started on the ninjalooters and outright noobs who can't play for shit. Speaking of which, WoW's random loot system seems to hate me just as much as I hate it.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Nmil-ek said:
My tank is now twice as hard to play, and thank feck for that no more 9696 rotation of dull rotations are for dps not tanks.
Yes I love that, prot pally had such a stupidly rigid rotation before you could quite literally macro it to one button. I appreciate the extra challenge involved in actually choosing what to use depending on the situation.

I'm also finding healing on my pally much more interesting, I've gone from 2 spells, to over half a dozen. My druid's got basically the same heals as before, but it's more challenging at times.

Of course there is a large amount of complaining saying the game is now too hard, especially from some tanks and healers, but the games HAS been way too easy during Wrath.

I'm not going to say I love all the changes to all of the classes I play, but then I'd be stunned if I did.

Having lived through the 2.0 and 3.0 patches this is definitely the least badly done pre-expansion patch, despite being the biggest change to the game since launch.

I laugh at people who say this is the worst patch ever. I played at the time of some of the patches in classic, and some of those were truly bad, servers down for days at a time, or crashing every few minutes when they were up, and the game quite literally unplayable when the server didn't crash. :)

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
While I'm not playing WoW currently, I do keep track of it since I last stopped playing (late Burning Crusade). This patch is the first time I'm honestly tempted to start playing again, and likely would if I had any money to spare.

I love what they did with the Talent trees. By this point they were a cluttered mess at best. Trimming them down and adding the mastery system was awesome. Now there's less crap to wade through, devs will have an easier time balancing it, people will have an easier time using it.

I love the new mechanics, like the Paladin's "combo points", Warlocks new Soul Shards, Hunters using focus, etc. Breathes new life into the classes. Also, Warlocks and Hunters no longer need to sacrifice a bag slot for no real reason.

The list goes on. Sure, some of the class changes will likely be unbalanced. Some specs might be weak, others might be too strong, but it's nothing that can't be fixed with a bit of fine tuning. I'm just glad to see a general cleaning up of the class system.

Honestly, if I could squeeze in Wrath, a 2 Month gamecard and enough money to buy Cataclysm when it comes out, I'd be playing WoW as we speak...

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
I like the new patch pvp feels more balanced now, even though it still takes 5 guys to take out a pally and a restro druid. Other than a few glitchs and tanking becoming more difficult which I'm sure will get fix next patch or when cata comes out I have no complaints. I do like what they did with healing, its fun now and challenging, I don't use the same tired ass rotation over and over and now constantly have to keep switching up spells during situations. Some people complain that it's to challenging though but I'm glad they bumped it up.

My friend who started playing not to long ago hates all of the changes and is planning to quit in less they change it back. Saying his hunter is now "broken" even though I find the class ten times more fun, insteading of just stitting around spaming aoe's all day. Wish people would take out the one hour of learning all the new stuff before slamming their keybord in anger crying out the game is broken.

Skeptic2

Oct 19, 2010
Certainly a slough of bugs this new patch has summoned, does discourage me to continue playing WoW. Although having Cata coming out soon keeps me interested. Still rather disappointing with the latest updates, admirable vs. overshadowed by the dysfunctional of the game. As for present OP chars, difficult to say, cause it is at a experimental state. What talents will offer an advantage or disadvantage and which rotation to take against certain opposing chars. BTW, I have had a couple of my level 80 chars gain honor in PVP and after a while, about the duration over an hour, the honor would simply disappear.

Sexy Devil

Jul 12, 2010
Cid SilverWing said:
Sexy Devil said:
The people who are complaining have obviously never heard of the term 'strategy' and WotLK has spoiled the players far too much.
WotlK made WoW inaccessible to casual players (like me) who don't have the time or commitment to respec at every opportunity and mercilessly farm dungeons for every goddamn item you need just to get into that raid dungeon only to get more items to get you into the next one.

And the achievement whores. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK the achievement whores. Blizzard has deliberately made it impossible for the well-geared but first-comers to join end-raids. It's like ACHIEVEMENT OR FUCK OFF from every single goddamn raid leader, Pick-up-Group or otherwise.

Also, WoW is a weekend babysitter these days. How else do you explain the stupid in the chats all the fucking time? And don't get me started on the ninjalooters and outright noobs who can't play for shit. Speaking of which, WoW's random loot system seems to hate me just as much as I hate it.
Well isn't that cute, you've played for a couple of years and think that WotLK is as hard as it gets. Let me preface this by saying that heroics are a joke in Wrath and while you complain about twenty minute runs with 4+ emblems a piece, people in BC did way more work for the same reward as a wrath heroic. It took 45+ minutes to complete a heroic and you were rewarded with a similar amount of badges. Even worse was vanilla WoW, you didn't even have badges and had to just pray that the RNG gods would smile on you and give you a nice blue leveled item so that you could enter raiding should you have a sufficiently blue set.

Before achievements or GS it was too difficult to PuG and very few did, mostly because you couldn't tell who was horrible until you were actually starting the raid which was not a good place to find out. A portion of the raid couldn't just drag their feet like they do now unless the rest of the group had amazing gear (witch entry-level raids as exceptions). No, unless you had a dedicated guild, high-end raiding was just a distant dream. If you didn't catch on to the raiding bandwagon early in the game then you were essentially left in the dust.

The original WoW's difficulty was arguably because of the difficulty of keeping 40 people coordinated, but it was a nightmare compared to Wrath raiding. Cataclysm is going to add an element of difficulty again which I'm loving.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
Cid SilverWing said:
Sexy Devil said:
Is this a joke? The game was never easier, never more faceroll, and never more casual friendly than it has been this expansion. I know of AWFUL players who have gear similar to my main, and they only worked half as hard as I did to get it. There's a damn good reason people refer to this expansion as Wrath of the Casual King.

If you think Wrath wasn't casual friendly... man, you would have hated vanilla and BC.

cheatking

Jul 21, 2008
I play a prot paladin and managed to try the patch put for the first time last night on an ICC run. I have to admit at first I hated it but once I reorganized what order to push buttons and my talent tree (3 times) I finally got really into it and my experience has improved. Then again my opinion could be swayed by the fact of after 3 years of halloween events I finally got my headless mount ^.^

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Suki the Cat said:
Hm. I might pick WoW up again once the new thing comes out, but I haven't played it for a long time so I don't know about the recent patch =p. I'm a bit excited about seeing the revamp of the main territories, cause exploring and seeing the world was what I enjoyed the most OO.
Don't do it, kitten!!!

If you pick up WoW again, I'll never see you again because you'll be addicted to it. :(

Also, 6AM?

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
Jaranja said:
Suki the Cat said:
Hm. I might pick WoW up again once the new thing comes out, but I haven't played it for a long time so I don't know about the recent patch =p. I'm a bit excited about seeing the revamp of the main territories, cause exploring and seeing the world was what I enjoyed the most OO.
Don't do it, kitten!!!

If you pick up WoW again, I'll never see you again because you'll be addicted to it. :(

Also, 6AM?
Me addicted to a game? HAH! Trust me muffin, thats NOT gona happen...

Also, yes 6am. Couldn't sleep >>.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Suki the Cat said:
Jaranja said:
Suki the Cat said:
Don't do it, kitten!!!

Also, 6AM?
Me addicted to a game? HAH! Trust me muffin, thats NOT gona happen...

Also, yes 6am. Couldn't sleep >>.
It might, we're talking about WoW after all.

Don't do it... [sup][sup][sup]for me.[/sup][/sup][/sup]

Sorry I wasn't online to talk to you.

xxcloud417xx

Oct 22, 2008
Sexy Devil said:
Cid SilverWing said:
Sexy Devil said:

Well isn't that cute, you've played for a couple of years and think that WotLK is as hard as it gets. Let me preface this by saying that heroics are a joke in Wrath and while you complain about twenty minute runs with 4+ emblems a piece, people in BC did way more work for the same reward as a wrath heroic. It took 45+ minutes to complete a heroic and you were rewarded with a similar amount of badges. Even worse was vanilla WoW, you didn't even have badges and had to just pray that the RNG gods would smile on you and give you a nice blue leveled item so that you could enter raiding should you have a sufficiently blue set.

Before achievements or GS it was too difficult to PuG and very few did, mostly because you couldn't tell who was horrible until you were actually starting the raid which was not a good place to find out. A portion of the raid couldn't just drag their feet like they do now unless the rest of the group had amazing gear (witch entry-level raids as exceptions). No, unless you had a dedicated guild, high-end raiding was just a distant dream. If you didn't catch on to the raiding bandwagon early in the game then you were essentially left in the dust.

The original WoW's difficulty was arguably because of the difficulty of keeping 40 people coordinated, but it was a nightmare compared to Wrath raiding. Cataclysm is going to add an element of difficulty again which I'm loving.
Pretty much this. He's right, I started in TBC and getting into a Heroic and actually clearing it took forever. None of this queue crap. Though I haven't played in Vanilla WoW, I heard about how ridiculous it was to get shit together there. And even now, I do NOT understand how people were able to get 40 people coordinated and able to raid, that just baffles me. It's hard enough to get 25 people that are good enough to raid, and harder still to have 25 people that won't just ninja log after 1 silly wipe. Wrath promoted pussiness among players I think.

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
I think it's great - the new talent trees make leveling a lot more fun with the ability that each tree comes along with now.

I am excited for cataclysm, and heroics taking time, CC, and thought again - AoE'ing everything to death was getting oooooold. Plus the "sundering" as blizzard is calling it is looking like it's going to be a really fun in-game event.

It'd have been nice if the OP brought up some things he didn't like about the patch, but you can't have everything. For me, my gripes are: AoE damage was buffed while AoE threat was nerfed, and Ranged dps is re-donk-u-lous right now. But, that's how it always is right before the expansion - Physical/weapon-damage-based DPS almost always scales better at higher levels so spell-based-damage seems to start off really high.