WoW: Cataclysm Class Changes Coming This Week

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Interesting. I played a warrior through BC when it was good and WotLK when it wasn't as good. Actually prot was hella fun in Wrath, but I didn't like the dps. Anyway that rage normalizing and removal of "on next swing" attacks is pretty cool. I'd love to try it if I didn't give WoW up FOREVER! *shifty eyes*

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
HowIChrgeLazer said:
gibboss28 said:
Cool, looking forward to seeing the changes to Mages. I just hope it involves taking away the portal spells so I don't have to be a bloody taxi again.
You are insane. Being able to reserve the hearthstone for locations near dailies and still being able to go to main towns. Epic. Same with the food. Saves me bag space.

I'll take being a taxi over that any day. You can always /ignore if you need to. Plus 10g tips for little effort aren't bad either.
I don't have any problem with the teleport spell its the portal spell I've got a problem with. The 10g tips don't really bother me I've got enough gold as it is.

I just refuse to be the taxi/waterboy, hell there was a point when I was being picked for raids, not for the damage I did (which was generally top of the charts in the guild I was in) not because I know what I was doing (which I did) but because I was the only Mage in the guild and they needed someone who could create portals and conjure food.

So I say no more!

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Cheveyo said:
Arkhangelsk said:
This might just turn me back to a WoW player. But then I think back of the grey times between level 10-40, and I go back and play Final Fantasy XIII.

What the hell?
That's like looking at a hillside, complaining it's too steep, then turning around and climbing a straight cliff wall.
For you, perhaps.

People are allowed to like Final Fantasy 13, you know.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
NeutralDrow said:
No soul shards? Will Drain Soul have any use beyond another DoT?

Other than that, I'm quite interested to see what's in store.

Off topic, but are they ever going to add more fist weapons?
I believe that Soul Shards will still be in the game, but not as you know them. They'll be like... you activate your soul shard for a temporary buff or something like that; something that you use once in a while rather than reagents.

Kind of like Mage Mana Gems.

dagens24

Mar 20, 2004
Huntard here; glad for the switch to focus from mana. People forget that Hunter is essentially a caster; well soon we won't be.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Cheveyo said:
Arkhangelsk said:
This might just turn me back to a WoW player. But then I think back of the grey times between level 10-40, and I go back and play Final Fantasy XIII.

What the hell?
That's like looking at a hillside, complaining it's too steep, then turning around and climbing a straight cliff wall.
Matter of taste. I don't play Final Fantasy for it's game play. Don't get me wrong, Final Fantasy is fun as a game, but what attracts me to it is the story. And I don't like WoW's story that much.

Besides, with FFXIII, we're talking 80 hours tops. Getting from 10 to 40 may not take as long if you're an advanced student, but let's not forget you're paying for every month. And FFXIII's stunning graphics and textures doesn't give me a headache.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Cheveyo said:
Jaranja said:
Cheveyo said:
Arkhangelsk said:

What the hell?
For you, perhaps.

People are allowed to like Final Fantasy 13, you know.

Wow, I completely misread that number.
Well that isn't true, I just didn't read it. He mentioned WoW so I figured he was talking about the FF MMO. I saw WoW and FF, then made the assumption.

I fail.
That's okay. I've played FFXI and it sucks about as much as WoW. Maybe a bit more.

FFXIII, on the other hand, is epic.

[sub]Shame my PS3 just broke about 10 minutes ago.[/sub]

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
John Funk said:
NeutralDrow said:
No soul shards? Will Drain Soul have any use beyond another DoT?

Other than that, I'm quite interested to see what's in store.

Off topic, but are they ever going to add more fist weapons?
I believe that Soul Shards will still be in the game, but not as you know them. They'll be like... you activate your soul shard for a temporary buff or something like that; something that you use once in a while rather than reagents.

Kind of like Mage Mana Gems.
Huh. I'm looking forward to it, then.

...just some more lower-level ones, it's all I ask. You can't even use brass knuckles until level 10, and there's nothing worthwhile after that until level 27 (no, not counting the claws).

dagens24 said:
Huntard here; glad for the switch to focus from mana. People forget that Hunter is essentially a caster; well soon we won't be.
So that's what that meant? Damn, wonder if I can wait until the end of the week...

Slizergiy

Feb 3, 2010
it should be intresting to see what chabges they do come up for the pallys. For me, mainly the ret pallys.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Syon said:
Buff Blood DKs, IMO. :S

Also, replace Bloodworms with Blood Golem. ^_^
Blood golems would be quite nice...they'd have to be small, though, or their pixels'd clutter up the screen. Personally, I just hope things stay the way they are for us DKs. On one hand, Blizzard could make an awesome class even better- or, things could go the way of the paladins.

EDIT- GAH WHY THE HECK ARE THEY DOING THIS IT MAKES NO SENSE [http://www.wow.com/2010/04/06/cataclysm-blood-will-be-the-only-death-knight-tanking-tree/#continued]

Revamping the blood tree as a tanking tree? Well then where the factor is my DK supposed to get his DPS from? We already have a tanking tree, it's called Frost! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY

benbenthegamerman

May 10, 2009
Sturmdolch said:
STOP MAKING THIS GAME GOOD AGAIN! Seriously, I don't WANT to go back to Azeroth but it's getting harder and harder... Especially since you're making it FUN to level to 80 again, which I'd want to do anyways since I'm on a non-PVP server >=(
ITLL NEVER LEAVE MAN!!!

Edit: if they dont do something with blood dk's, i will bust a nerve. Its not that i have a problem with the mechanics, (in fact, i love the mechanics,) its just that i think the last time we were nerfed was when heart strike was reduced to 2 targets as opposed to three, which really wasn't a big deal since blood dk's alredy sold their souls for decent single target damage and sorta crappy group damage. but thats just me.

Wandrecanada

Oct 3, 2008
I bet they're stuck on Paladins because they rebuilt it starting by re-adding Reckoning and couldn't figure out what other spells to bother adding. Maybe make the bubble automatically cause your hearthstone to fire?

Paladins are for 1 shotting the boss, then leaving the adds for the scrubs and going home.

benbenthegamerman

May 10, 2009
The_Oracle said:
Syon said:
Buff Blood DKs, IMO. :S

Also, replace Bloodworms with Blood Golem. ^_^
Blood golems would be quite nice...they'd have to be small, though, or their pixels'd clutter up the screen. Personally, I just hope things stay the way they are for us DKs. On one hand, Blizzard could make an awesome class even better- or, things could go the way of the paladins.
ok, i agree: take out blood worms and give us maybe something like blood beasts. If you spec into it, you can only use it once an hour, you cant use it with a ghoul/army of the dead, and should probably be used for tanking i.e. [torment soul] could transfer bunch of aggro towards the tank. i dont know, just throwing an idea out there.

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
open trap said:
Hopeless Bastard said:
Bout time they removed paladins.

Goddamn that class sucks.
I enjoyed the pally, dont be hatin the Pally, he will blast you with wholy light and hit you over the head with a hammer.
so... you'll heal them then hit them... kinda seems like an oxymoron

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
I just got pulled back into WoW. And it's a good thing I did... I can get my mage back from my brother, and maybe take his Death Knight while i'm at it.