Wow, next gen. console coming sooner then expected.

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
Shit man, run outside, somebody wrote 'gullible' all over your house.

Vek

Aug 18, 2008
Sony's already said they're planning on a 10-year life cycle for the PS3. Also, PS2 has had a 9-year life cycle already, and they've still not phased it out.

I'd expect a new Nintendo and Microsoft console long before the next Playstation.

Hell, I'd expect a new Sega or Atari before a new Playstation within the next 3 years.

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
its a semi-reasonable deduction from common knowledge. but i bet its a fake source.
I would like to see more advanced hardware by then, but that's me.

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
I really hope not. PS3 still is only just building itself up, and 360's line up isn't exactly impressive enough to warrant being decommissioned.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
well, PS3 is in its 4th year now, and Sony have 10 year plans which bleed into their next console by about 3-4 years, So them beginning development on the PS4 does make sense.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Who cares? Aren't you people forgetting that the worlds going to be ending anyways?

Retardinator

Nov 2, 2009
Preposterous!
I think the entire industry should wait for some high resource-consuming games. Yes I'm talking about something bigger and badder than Crysis. For now the entire set of steps forward with technology seems meaningless. New hardware is constantly coming out and it's necessary for one thing, and one thing only: to run GTAIV properly :p

When I heard what Saint's Row 2 was doing with PC's I got the impression they were doing it on purpose to forcibly sell new hardware.

KSarty

Aug 5, 2008
The gap between PS2 and PS3 was six years. 2012 would be six years after PS3. So in the situation that this isn't just wild conjecture to begin with, what would be the big deal?

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
Eh, i dunno, any site that calls the next xbox the "Xbox 720" holds absolutely no legitimacy with me. Though I'm not sure what you're problem with this is. Obviously we knew there was going to be a next generation, it was just a matter of when. And usually it's only like, 5-6 years that a console exists before its predecessor replaces it, so yeah, by that trend, we're about due for another one. Do we NEED another one? Probably not, but that's just the way it goes I guess.

ribonuge

Dec 7, 2009
The OP is merely the messenger. Who said we have to shoot the messenger!? What happened to humanity!

On topic, it feels like this generation is lacking something, like things are going to fast. Maybe i'm getting old but they really don't need a new console till 2013+. It just doesn't seem like they've harnessed the new generations potential. We'll see how things pan out. That article looks a bit dodgy anyway - steer clear.

DARKLARK

Jul 30, 2008
Of course there is going to be a ps4 its just a matter of when new hardware will be developed. Right now they're busy supporting the ps3 but when they come up with something better, and they will, they're going to ship it ASAP.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
That looks like a really fake site.

Besides, I remember Sony stating they wanted PS3 to last as long as 2014.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
I'm confused, 2012 seems like a relative release date. original xbox came out in 2001, then the 360 came out in 2005. It's already been 4 years since the 360 was released. 2012 would be a 7 year difference. If anything it should come sooner then 2012.