wow or guild wars?

Flarvii

Jan 21, 2009
Valiance said:
WoW will probably waste more of your time if you're looking for something to "busy" yourself with.
If you look at the bold bits you'll notice that you can get the same outcome by playing Far Cry 2 three times.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
Flarvii said:
Valiance said:
WoW will probably waste more of your time if you're looking for something to "busy" yourself with.
If you look at the bold bits you'll notice that you can get the same outcome by playing Far Cry 2 three times.
This is most likely true.

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
As someone who played guild wars when it as beta and someone who played WoW for about 3 months, I would have to go with GW. Although at this point I've essentially beaten GW and my PvP matches essentially just come down to hoping my team mates won't fuck up. In GW there is no endgame, in WoW that's all there is. Although truth be told, I love Diablo.

I guess the nicest thing about guild wars is that in PvP your rewarded for being smart not wasting your weekends getting the best gear.

Flarvii

Jan 21, 2009
pantsoffdanceoff said:
I guess the nicest thing about guild wars is that in PvP your rewarded for being smart not wasting your weekends getting the best gear.
But some of the people who play MMOs don't really like them because the challenging quests are too sophisticated it's because they like to be told the answer to the quest instead of using their brains and figure out stuff, but then again WoW doesn't really need an audience like that because all of their quests are pretty much the same.

sanzo

Jan 21, 2009
pantsoffdanceoff said:
As someone who played guild wars when it as beta and someone who played WoW for about 3 months, I would have to go with GW. Although at this point I've essentially beaten GW and my PvP matches essentially just come down to hoping my team mates won't fuck up. In GW there is no endgame, in WoW that's all there is. Although truth be told, I love Diablo.

Yeah, that was my favorite part of PvP: Thinking up fun and useful builds. My absolute favorite was my assassin "Coward" build. No monks are gonna run from me! Though I haven't played in months, so I have no idea if any patches ruined it

hurlzie

Jan 22, 2009
WoW ... every other MMORPG wishes it was wow.
everyone hates on it for a reason.

Ashkente

Jan 21, 2009
Warhammer Online, screw both of the other two.

Guild Wars: Filled with whining wannabe otaku. Pretty graphics.
World of Warcraft: Filled with over 10 million people who like their MMO's to be pure 'easy mode'. Graphics that look like Don Bluth puked all over your screen, then added eyeballs.

ZP---Fanatic

Dec 29, 2008
Guild Wars,cool characters and no fees for playin :D

note:Dont be a smart (Profanity) and search out a way to make me wrong...

sanzo

Jan 21, 2009
hurlzie said:
Maybe it's the arrogant people who think WoW is gods gift to gamers?

ice spirit

Jan 21, 2009
to zeeky_santos: you are pretty wrong, ive played WoW for a few months but after some time its gets repetitive and boring. The quests are all the same and have absolutly no effect on the game, in GW:nightfall you can do a series of quests who will enable you to expand a base of operations where you can buy and sell items and get elite armor. And in my opinion is relying on a team instead of a bottle of fluid a lot more interesting. And as I said before there is almost no grinding, the level cap is 20 and that may seem easy but the elite missions for example are bloody hard to do and will require not only the highest level but also the best tactics and understanding of the game. Whereas WoW comes down to this:
1)make character
2)Do some quests
3)lvl 10 -> do special quest
4)punt mobs and do quests
5)lvl 20 -> do special quest
6)repeat step 4) and 5)(but change the level)
7)repeat 6 a few times
8)reach 60
9)reach 70
10)reach 80
11)figure out that you wasted multiple months of your precious life, that you have no more friends offline and that you can't pickpocket/ eviserate/ heal people who cut themselves
12)look online and see that there's a new WoW expansion, go out of your house(ARGH the light) buy it, level up your old character(s)
13)repeat step 1)-13)

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
hurlzie said:
No, not every other MMO wishes it was WoW. Every other company wishes their MMO would make the same profit as WoW.

Phenakist

Feb 25, 2009
ice spirit you have it all perfect except one major flaw, internet ordering and postal delivery :p from the second they waited those agonizing hours for it to patch they lost their lives

Roll on Guild Wars 2 WoW will be finished

Ionami

Aug 21, 2008
Wow, simply because I take issue with the instanced game world in a game supposed to be an MMO.

That's just me though.

Fronken

May 10, 2008
I have played both extensively, and according to me they both have their good sides and bad sides, so it all depends on how you want to play the game.

If you are into PvP (Competing against others), then Guild Wars is VASTLY superior due to its balance, WoW Sucks big time when it comes to PvP cause Blizzard cant balance out the pvp for shit, i've been playing for more then 3 years, and there hasnt been a single time when it's bee balanced, always some class that is underpowered and another that gets buffed beyond reason.

But, if you are into PvE (Working with others), then WoW is better due to its large amount if group content, Guild Wars isnt really bad in that respect, but WoW is superior when it comes to stuff to do in PvE.

So:

PvP = Guild Wars

PvE = World of Warcraft