WoW Patch 3.2 "Call of the Crusade" Goes Live

GodsOneMistake

Jan 31, 2009
Wait you can get mounts at level 20 now? Hmm... Damn I want my laptop so I can start playing this again

The_Chief

Jun 3, 2008
HATE MY COMPUTER!
My power lines just had to screw up my computers speed or what ever so now i cant play wow till tomorrow. i am so pissed i could...uhh do something bad. but im mad especially with all this new stuff coming out today!

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Abedeus said:
Since when Escapist is posting free PATCH logs from games?
Cause it's WoW and its a big patch that brings a new raid dungeon, a new battleground and big changes to gameplay.

It's a big a patch that the WoW community has been waiting. Cause it's big and not just a bunhc of tech changes it gets to be on the news.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
oliveira8 said:
Abedeus said:
Cause it's WoW and its a big patch that brings a new raid dungeon, a new battleground and big changes to gameplay.

It's a big a patch that the WoW community has been waiting. Cause it's big and not just a bunhc of tech changes it gets to be on the news.
OMG OMG NEW RAID DUNGEON.

Not everyone is playing WoW. If anyone cares, they already know about this. And if they didn't, it means that they don't care about patches or don't care about WoW altogether.

I mean, it's not like it's a very important news. Especially if you just don't play WoW.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Abedeus said:
oliveira8 said:
Abedeus said:

Not everyone is playing WoW. If anyone cares, they already know about this. And if they didn't, it means that they don't care about patches or don't care about WoW altogether.

I mean, it's not like it's a very important news. Especially if you just don't play WoW.
Then I guess most video game nes aren't important unless you play those games.

MW2 prestige edition? Won't play. Pointless news.
Assassins Creed 2 Limited Edition? Won't play. Pointless news.
iD says Rage will run faster on the 360. Won't play. Pointless news.
Mosnter Hunter 3 coming to the west in 2010. Won't play. Pointless news.

Just cause you don't play/don't care doesn't mean its pointless or important.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Abedeus said:
Truthfully its not, but it was certainly news to me that it went live today. Yeah those playing the game were already well aware of the changes coming with it. I think the escapist staff just wanted to get the "WoW is caving to the casual player base! Only the people who can commit 90% of their lives should be able to raid!" people crying for their amusement.

But I digress, that's a flame war more suited to the lower quality WoW forums than here. Its also an argument that at the end of the day both sides are still nerds fighting over a video game that has no value in the real world at all.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
oliveira8 said:
Abedeus said:
oliveira8 said:
Abedeus said:

Over 11 million people play World of Warcraft. It's news. Sorry to break it to you. I'm not even one of those people and it's news.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
oliveira8 said:
Abedeus said:
oliveira8 said:
Abedeus said:

Actually, those a news (NEWS) for everyone usually, since Escapist posts them really fast.

People find out about content patches (especially the big ones) a week or a month before the release. It's not a news to them, or anyone interested.

However, the "iD says Rage will run faster on the 360" isn't really a newsworthy news, since give the strongest, fastest PC and it will run better than on 360.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Abedeus said:
oliveira8 said:
Abedeus said:
oliveira8 said:
Abedeus said:

Actually, those a news (NEWS) for everyone usually, since Escapist posts them really fast.

People find out about content patches (especially the big ones) a week or a month before the release. It's not a news to them, or anyone interested.

However, the "iD says Rage will run faster on the 360" isn't really a newsworthy news, since give the strongest, fastest PC and it will run better than on 360.

When did this become about the glorious PC gaming master race? Your views are obviously slanted here. It's news. Deal.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Must... not... return... to... WoW...

You'll never take me alive, dammit! *fires madly*

I got an 80 warrior and had been raiding before I quit, so I understand how awesome all that is, but it doesn't make me want to go back to WoW. I'm still holding out for SW:TOR to take up my spare time, and I'd rather not have conflicting addictions.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Abedeus said:
See you wrong again. The Rage thing is news. Even if it is just for techno gweks is news. They told their public that the 360 version right now is more powerfull than the PS3 one and that iD is trying to improve the PS3 version. If they didn't say anything or aknowledge the problem, and websites like The Escapist didn't report this, what would happen when the game hit the shelves and it was utter crap on the PS3?

If it's important to anyone it's news. You don't get to wave around and say "This be not news kkthxbai!", just cause you don't care.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
oliveira8 said:
Abedeus said:
See you wrong again. The Rage thing is news. Even if it is just for techno gweks is news. They told their public that the 360 version right now is more powerfull than the PS3 one and that iD is trying to improve the PS3 version. If they didn't say anything or aknowledge the problem, and websites like The Escapist didn't report this, what would happen when the game hit the shelves and it was utter crap on the PS3?

If it's important to anyone it's news. You don't get to wave around and say "This be not news kkthxbai!", just cause you don't care.
Then I'm asking you - why we don't get informations about every patch from every game? No info about the last Lineage 2 update, nothing about Aion, nothing about the last few Warhammer Online content patches, nothing about Steam making EU people pay more for the same things...

If you want to inform people about everything, be consistent. It's not like an expansion pack - this I understand.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Abedeus said:
oliveira8 said:
Abedeus said:

Then I'm asking you - why we don't get informations about every patch from every game? No info about the last Lineage 2 update, nothing about Aion, nothing about the last few Warhammer Online content patches, nothing about Steam making EU people pay more for the same things...

If you want to inform people about everything, be consistent. It's not like an expansion pack - this I understand.
Because WoW is the most popular MMO on the market for over four years perhaps?

And a few of the Escapist staff play WoW, as far as I know. I know UltraJoe does (Does s/he count as Staff? I think so) and I'm fairly certain Funk does as well. Not sure about anyone else and I'm not particularly interested.

If you must insist, take it as Funk merely writing about something he's interested in. As a WoW player I think it's news even if I was aware of it because not every WoW player checks MMO-Champion every day like I do.

Blizzard never releases patch dates beforehand, so no WoW player knows when the patch is due until it's pretty much right on top of them. We can make educated guesses based on previous cases, but that's about it.

This article, telling us that it's live this week, today, right now, is news, like it or not.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Abedeus said:
oliveira8 said:
Abedeus said:

I'll admit that maybe Funk is a bit WoW-centric, and with good reason, but honestly, look at the sheer volume of single page news articles that get put up here. It's not all important stuff, but to some people it is, and it can be interesting. I dare you to find another game that people are this interested in the patch releases. I mean, WoW's patches tend to add and/or change major things, and while I don't play many other games that require constant maintenance, I don't hear about them either.

Eh, the article will be gone in a day or two, swept under the bridge of things that are interesting but not earth-shattering.

I for one am excited, but I don't get to see anything until tomorrow since I'm going out and having a life tonight anyway.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Abedeus said:
oliveira8 said:
Abedeus said:

I like how you in a retarded fashion go from MMO updates to Steam pricing. Yes we know that Valve run over your dog and makes you pay more for games, stop crying about it in every place you go.

Warhammer gets new classes today: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/88082-Warhammer-Online-Gets-New-Classes

Eve client update: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.50889#349137

Theres a load of MMO news around here, BUT! Maybe you actually tried to put your brain working and think that maybe just maybe, other MMO's don't put out updates as big as WoW? Maybe. And then maybe you have noticed that The Escapist has a sister site called Warcry, that deals with every MMO stuff, and that maybe, maybe, The Escapist leaves most MMO news just for Warcry and only posts the big news like...YEAH! WOW GETTING A NEW RAID DUNGEON AND A BATTLEGROUND!

http://www.warcry.com/forums/index/118

Just maybe....maybe.

Mar 29, 2009
AAAARRRGGHHHHH!!!!
Now I find out.
I hadn't logged on WoW at all today.
Was expecting just another maitenence
Stupid Dwarf Fortress being so addictive.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
I can't believe that the realms where ment to be up half an hour ago!!!

but yer, looking forward to when they do, my alt is standing next to the riding trainer with the required gold to get epic land :3.

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
headshotcatcher said:
Abedeus said:
Exactly what I was thinking, might as well add that there has been a new quest release in runescape or whatever >.<
Do you know how large patch 3.2 is?
It's like 300mb of data and textures. Some changes that the Wow mmo community has been asking for a long time. New raids, new battlegrounds, new content! I think it's worth mentioning.

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
slipknot4 said:
headshotcatcher said:
Abedeus said:
Exactly what I was thinking, might as well add that there has been a new quest release in runescape or whatever >.<
Do you know how large patch 3.2 is?
It's like 300mb of data and textures. Some changes that the Wow mmo community has been asking for a long time. New raids, new battlegrounds, new content! I think it's worth mentioning.
Do you know largeCompany of Heroes patches are? They involve changes that were asked for a loong time. Same counts for games like runescape where you get new content weekly, not to mention the so called HD update of runescape a big while ago..