WoW Player Gets Power, Gets Corrupted, Gets Banned

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
I'm usually all for "the man" coming down hard on criminals and cheaters and hackers and such, but this just isn't fair. I agree that this isn't cheating, he shouldn't be banned for it. Sure he should have reported it when he got it, but it seems he's one WoW player among many who has managed to realize one thing: It's just a game. As he said, it's just for fun. So what if he got an item that let him slaughter all his enemies? Take it away, maybe suspend his account for some time, and leave it at that. Blizzard's the one that gave it to him after all. They're taking this way too seriously.

Rajin Cajun

Sep 12, 2008
This is pretty damn hysterical. What a moron why would you mess with something like that when it is obviously suspicious? Report and move on no need to waste your money getting banned.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
He should have reported it, but banning him seems a little extreme. I mean, if you were given all the power in the world by accident, you'd do some pretty silly stuff before telling someone, right? And the guy isn't being an asshole about it either. He just got thrown the blade of epic win, and as such fooled around with it. If he was using it to break the game, well, that would be wrong. If he pulled a stunt like walking into a PVP zone with it and just ganked everyone, then I could understand. As it is though, I'm pretty sure he didn't deserve the punishment recieved.

zipzi

Jan 16, 2009
stupid of him, stupid of blizz.
he shouldn't have used it like this, and blizz shouldnt have punished him like this.

Renikor

Mar 23, 2009
if i had that id plevel my pally to 80, 1 man ulduar, and then be the awesomeliest healer EVA!!!

Clirck

Mar 19, 2009
It's done by people who cure nolifeness.
Their strategy to get rid of big guys, yes I hate WoW.

At the other hand that's shit thing to happen.
He pays monthly free, is a normal user and gets banned for something he didn't do or something.

Kilowog17

Dec 25, 2008
I'm surprised he didn't say anything about it before.
Surely he saw the commotion it was causing...
But to get banned for using it? Blizzard owes this guy a refund.

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
I wish I had an item like that, I'd name a character "IdontlikethisMMO" or something and run riot with it. He didn't deserve it though.

level250geek

Jan 8, 2009
Kalezian said:
cainx10a said:
Not fair. Blizzard's fault, they should have just removed the item and locked his account for the same amount of time given to his guild mates.
he should of told them that he had the item, had he done that they might of just deleted the item instead of banning him for using it.
Why exactly? They sent it to him. Their mistake. Not his. If you get a gift, you assume the person giving it wanted you to have it, right?

Blizzard must have been afraid that the South Park episode would come true: he would end up owning the server and people would stop playing. I could see this being a real threat...save for the fact that last time I checked there was well more than ONE server on which to play.

This is Blizzard not willing to say "Our bad," plain and simple. This is Blizzard saying "Thanks for those four years of monthly subscription fees, now don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out." What Blizzard should have was send him a message saying "Hey, that thing you got? Yeah, didn't mean to give it to you. Feel free to sell it to a vendor, but we can't have you using it. Got to keep the game balanced you know!"

At least then, if he continued using it, he would have actually done something, you know, WRONG.

sanzo

Jan 21, 2009
xmetatr0nx said:
You know blizzard should just erect an eye of sauron like obolisk that can be seen from any place on any map, it should be called the "eye of blizzard" and it should be covered in blue flames. It would server as a constant reminder that they are watching you.
Is that anything like the eye of a storm?

Joking aside, it's pretty stupid on both parts. Granted it was an accident on their part, but still, if you get something that breaks the game, you should probably tell the Mods about it. That said, they shouldn't ban the kid, since it was their mistake

vede

Dec 4, 2007
He said that he didn't know it was an accident. He thought it was a deliberate move on the part of Blizzard.

I'd say he's in the clear. They should have just taken the stuff he got with it, and removed it. If he knew it was a glitch or an accident, he probably (maybe) would have reported it.

sanzo

Jan 21, 2009
vdgmprgrmr said:
He said that he didn't know it was an accident. He thought it was a deliberate move on the part of Blizzard.

I'd say he's in the clear. They should have just taken the stuff he got with it, and removed it. If he knew it was a glitch or an accident, he probably (maybe) would have reported it.
No offense to that player, but if he didn't know something was up with that item, he's an idiot

ryai458

Oct 20, 2008
he should of reported it but if he didnt he shouldnt of gotten banned permaentaly