WoW Player Hits Level 60 Without Picking a Faction

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
That's really cool. It's too bad he's a Shaman and not a Monk. That's some zen shit right there.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Are you sure it is Inscription and not Mining. Mining also grants XP, while Inscription does not.

Has anyone tried this with a Monk? Monk get Zen Pilgrimage at level 20, allowing them to leave the wandering isle for Pandaria possibly.

Kataskopo

Dec 18, 2009
I remember when this happened in Tibia too! There's the newbie Island, and after level 10 (I think) you have to choose a profession.

There was this guy who stayed until he reached level 100.

Attercap

Irascible Webmaster
Jun 22, 2012
bz316 said:
"What are your thoughts on this momentous occasion, your Neutralness?"

"I have no strong feelings one way or the other!"
"What makes a man turn neutral ... Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?"

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Jman1236 said:
Anyone reminded of the south park episode where because of am overpowered griefer, stan and the gang leveled grinded by staying the forest killing boars?
Oh yes, I'm sure that NO ONE thought of that episode. Nope, you were the first.

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
The neutronions would be proud. That also takes some serious stones to grind 50 levels without cracking and breaking down and picking. He's a stronger man than I.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Attercap said:
bz316 said:

"What makes a man turn neutral ... Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?"
I couldn't read that sentence, Zap Brannigan's voice did it for me... in my head. Then after thinking about it, Morgan Freeman came around and said it too...
Oh god, I'm going to hear Freeman narrate all forum posts for the rest of the day. %$#^#@!

OT: Well now, isn't that special.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Baldr said:
Are you sure it is Inscription and not Mining. Mining also grants XP, while Inscription does not.

Has anyone tried this with a Monk? Monk get Zen Pilgrimage at level 20, allowing them to leave the wandering isle for Pandaria possibly.
Herbalism actually. That's where the error lies.

SAMAS

Aug 27, 2009
Good for him. Honestly, the shoehorning of everyone back to Alliance-vs-Horde (even the Night Elves and Undead), turned me off the game in the first place.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
LordLundar said:
Baldr said:

You get two professions in WoW. I just learned that you can only train one in the Wandering Isle. The article is wrong about Inscription. Mining could have worked also but Herbalism is the easier path.

crazyarms33

Nov 24, 2011
bz316 said:

"Call my wife and tell her I said, 'Hello'".

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Baldr said:
LordLundar said:
Baldr said:

You get two professions in WoW. I just learned that you can only train one in the Wandering Isle. The article is wrong about Inscription. Mining could have worked also but Herbalism is the easier path.
The toon in question has herbalism and inscription for his professions.So he has not any XP from mining.

Mortamus

The Talking Dead
May 18, 2012
I'm just still smiling at the fact that he has the "Insane" title to add to this. For those that don't know, it's a Feat of Strength title granted by maxing rep with several old world factions that don't have Dailies or a tabard for you to farm with. You have to kill things over and over and over and over for the scrap amounts of rep each kill gives.

One only requires you to reach Honored, but it's with the Bloodsail Buccaneers. Anyone will tell you how insanely long just getting to Friendly takes.

Sauce:

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2336

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=871

Able Seaman Staines

Jun 14, 2013
What makes a man turn neutral ... Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?
-Zap Brannigan

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Mortamus said:
One only requires you to reach Honored, but it's with the Bloodsail Buccaneers. Anyone will tell you how insanely long just getting to Friendly takes.
Not to mention that raising the pirate rep lowers all four of the goblin reps.

I kinda wish I'd managed to get the title when the Shen'dralar were still in the game, but I'm not lamenting the loss either. Those non-stacking librams were a pain in the ass.

OT: I admire the dedication. I'd probably run out of interesting things to watch in the background while going through that kind of monotony.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
LordLundar said:
Baldr said:
LordLundar said:
Baldr said:

The toon in question has herbalism and inscription for his professions.So he has not any XP from mining.
That is impossible. You can only train ONE profession on the Wandering Isle. Inscription is wrong.

"The only two options I have to gain experience at this point is via herbalism or mining. I opted out of mining since it shifts me out of wolf form, and picked up inscription to turn my herbs into inks in which I can vendor for 1 gold a stack." -Doubleagent

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
That is kinda sad. But if that's how he gets his jollies, fuck it, who am I to judge?

Jessta

Feb 8, 2011
This is kind of what I thought the whole neutral faction thing WoW made such a big deal about this expansion was actually going be, just like Cataclysm really changed the original games world I thought Mists would change the mechanics and make it so there was a true go between for the two factions and even maybe make it so they could team up outside of pvp and do some pve together (actually I thought this would happen in Lichking since the whole Lichking idea was a common enemy but whatever)I thought maybe they would make it so that you could join neither faction and instead lose all the benefits a faction brought (Faction quests,faction mounts, faction cities, faction based achievements etc) and just play as neutral and was really sad when I found out this wasn't the case.
Instead it turns out mists really is just, hey guys remember that one random npc we had back in wc3 during that one minigame? Yeah the panda guy remember him? Well guess what he totally has a secret Chinese island place in the middle of the ocean that'll join you guys to do stuff or whatever also by the way he's totally not just the guy from kung-fu panda.