Wranglers: Hobbit Production Responsible for 27 Animal Deaths

RandomMan01

Sep 18, 2012
dragongit said:
The problem about picketing ouside of a Lord of the Rings film, unlike most films say Harry Potter or even Star Wars, many of them will probably be in costume, weilding wooden to dull bladed weapons. You'll likely have a whole army chasing you down the street if you try to prevent them from seeing the movie.

They WILL release the trolls on those PETA assholes.
One of those will probably be me. If any one of those assholes try to get in the way of me seeing that movie, I will personally hold them down and beat them to a pulp.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
PETA is in the right on this one, these deaths were avoidable and the fact that they didn't prevent the deaths in the first place is reason enough to protest it. If a movie costs innocent lives the movie should never even be released.

tredien

Oct 17, 2008
They just like to protest, let them protest.
Plus, if we didn't talk about them they would be long gone.

Now bring in the naked chicks.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
If it were almost anyone other than PETA, it would be much easier to work up some indignation. Sure, I'm not for unnecessary animal deaths, but PETA's very presence all but ascertains that something is being blown way out of proportion.

What I really want is for PETA and the Westboro Baptist Church to get on opposite sides of an issue and then irritate each other until heads start spontaneously exploding. Preferably someplace where they have to do their own clean-up.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
dragongit said:
The problem about picketing ouside of a Lord of the Rings film, unlike most films say Harry Potter or even Star Wars, many of them will probably be in costume, weilding wooden to dull bladed weapons. You'll likely have a whole army chasing you down the street if you try to prevent them from seeing the movie.

They WILL release the trolls on those PETA assholes.
PETA will be wearing skimpy chainmail bikinis though, and those give as much protection as full plate armour.

Angel Molina

Mar 23, 2011
As soon as I finished reading the paragraph were PETA decides to go ahead and protest (even if Jackson adopted three pigs after the incidents), I couldn't help but remember this web comic:

(xThanks)

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
Its amazing that a non-profit entity has all this money for international flights while most animal shelters, shelters that keep animals alive rather than euthanize them for fun, have trouble keeping their doors open.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
I honestly want them to protest at my cinema as I plan to go to that premiere with friends and would love to flip them off for their trouble. It's the little things in life.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Xan Krieger said:
PETA is in the right on this one, these deaths were avoidable and the fact that they didn't prevent the deaths in the first place is reason enough to protest it. If a movie costs innocent lives the movie should never even be released.
Too little too late for PETA to protest? The animals aren't being kept on the farm anymore and it's not like they continued to ignore the problem. Besides it's just a bunch of farm animals, hardly any reason to lose sleep over, so saying the movie should never be released because 27 of them died is rather ridiculous.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
...And not a single fuck was given from me. And how are these guys are going to get away with arguing this? Seems like they lost all cred they had a while back... (I've never heard of these guys.)

Sqrt(-1)

Jul 12, 2012
I find it funny that PETA's solution is to use CGI animals. It seems more humane to film animals on the set than to stick them in front of a green screen and coax them to make the desired movements. Besides, the problem was on the farm, not the set, so CGI wouldn't accomplish anything...

Unless every movie studio has been working on an extensive CGI database that perfectly models the movement of every muscle of every living thing ever.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Tanis said:
PETA murders THOUSANDS of animals each year...

They have NO RIGHT to ***** about 27.
Ignoring an arbitrary link of proof [http://www.petakillsanimals.com/downloads/PetaKillsAnimals.pdf], these are my exact thoughts.

PETA has absolutely no ground to complain if a mere 20-some animals die by accident when they actively kill over hundreds each year.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
oh noo animals ran off a hill and into the sea lets all cry that sort of thing happens every day and its unreasonable to expect the farmer fence kilometres and kilometres of impassable terrain rather than being reasonable and expecting animals to have at least some sense of self-preservation
its not like there are shotguns attached to tripwires and pressure plates all over the farm
sure the deaths may have been "avoidable" but is that avoidable in reality or in fantasy? farmers hate stock going over cliffs cause they cost thousands each but you have to weigh the cost benefits of the actions rather than bowing to the long haired dole bludging hippy types

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
CrossLOPER said:
JoJo said:
I can't say I really care one way or the other, animals die on a daily basis to feed me, I can't see a problem with a few dying in the service of making a good film, even if what Wrangler claims is true.
So living things need to suffer horribly before dying to give you three hours of pleasure?
Yep, sounds just about right, heck that two and half hours pleasure more than your average burger's going to give me, the animal's should consider themselves lucky ;-)

Savryc

NAPs, Spooks and Poz. Oh my!
Aug 4, 2011
So they sunk all that time and cash into the place yet the future burgers died anyway. What a waste of money, hope they at least got the barby going afterwards.

CAPTCHA: vegan diet. Lol no captcha, lol no.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Elvaril said:
The Hobbit production was responsible for the deaths of 27 animals. That is less than a drop in the barrel when compared to the amount of animal deaths that PETA is responsible for.
True, but PETA's never been one to let facts get in the way of a good protest.
In fact, I don't think most protesters let facts get in the way.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
tredien said:
Now bring in the naked chicks.
Judging by what's being protested- The best you'll likely get is paralized naked chicks... I don't think they'll have many of those either.
Maybe they'll torture people in public, if you're lucky.

Why can't there be moar pro carnivor activisties so we can get moar vegan nude chicks?