Wreck-It Ralph 2 Official Trailer

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015

Ok, I am gonna be frank, I like the first Wreck-It-Ralph for what it is, but I do NOT like the direction its sequel is going for.

What does this have to do with Video Games other than playing games on an appstore on your iPhone?

What does Ebay have to do with Wreck-It-Ralph and Video Games?

I remember reading the earlier development cycle of this movie and originally they wanted to tackle Console Gaming like the Nintendo vs SEGA days. I wanted that celebration of Early days of console gaming like The NES, Sega Genesis, Gameboy, etc.

Basically Instead of getting to see Mario and Sonic, I am gonna be seeing Angry Birds and Candy Crush... :(

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Oh, kind of like the Emoji Movie then, including that sweet lucrative product placement. Still, some of the stuff in that trailer got a little chuckle out of me, so it's already a far superior movie.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
So, basically it's the Emoji Movie, only it's given a free pass because...reasons?

It seems a bit better mind you, but, well, yeah...

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I'm guessing they're just going to gloss over, if not completely ignore, the fact that they're abandoning their games even though that was a major plot point in the first movie.

No, I am not sold on this at all. The first movie was an interesting journey of self-discovery. I don't even know what the hell this is other than blatant corporate pandering.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I didn't care for the first Wreck-It-Ralph, but this just looks like Intenet Meme The Movie.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I'll probably like it when it comes out, but I can't see this being as good as the first one.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Canadamus Prime said:
I'm guessing they're just going to gloss over, if not completely ignore, the fact that they're abandoning their games even though that was a major plot point in the first movie.
Going by the trailer, it looks like they enter the Internet by accident.

Come to think of it though, this premise, and how it's executed, seems like it would be better suited for Tron. Shame that franchise kinda died on us. :(

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Hawki said:
Canadamus Prime said:

Come to think of it though, this premise, and how it's executed, seems like it would be better suited for Tron. Shame that franchise kinda died on us. :(
Regardless, them being outside their game when people go to play it was a big plot point in the first movie and I'm guessing it's going to be glossed over or ignored.

Mylinkay Asdara

Waiting watcher
Nov 28, 2010
Canadamus Prime said:
Hawki said:
Canadamus Prime said:

Regardless, them being outside their game when people go to play it was a big plot point in the first movie and I'm guessing it's going to be glossed over or ignored.
Considering the entire first movie took place over one evening and one day at the arcade... I think they could manage a night out at the Internet without being missing the next morning for their games if they really wanted to. Although getting "home" from the Internet would be a good problem for them to be trying to solve while they wander through the Internet's many offerings and get diverted and tangled up along the way.

I think it looks cute and funny and I am excited to watch it with my nieces and nephews.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Oooh, some of the faces look very Moana inspired, like that little girl in the car- I like that style.

If my son would like to see this, then so be it, otherwise... well, I usually pass on animated films.

Usually.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Still have yet to see the first, as everyone and their scarecrows keeps saying "but it has the cool stuff that you like tho!" And I say "eh, whatevs...I'll get round to it eventually, maybe." But then when I turn to look at who is talking, there is nobody there, and when I turn back, I find myself alone and naked in my darkened room. What the hell? Did I just imagine that every time, or was it a flashback? Is this even real? Where are my clothes? Do I even have any friends and acquaintances or are they all voices and daydreams conjured by the desperation of an isolated understimulated mind??

One thing is for sure however, I haven't got round to seeing the first film

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Mylinkay Asdara said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Hawki said:
Canadamus Prime said:

Considering the entire first movie took place over one evening and one day at the arcade... I think they could manage a night out at the Internet without being missing the next morning for their games if they really wanted to. Although getting "home" from the Internet would be a good problem for them to be trying to solve while they wander through the Internet's many offerings and get diverted and tangled up along the way.

I think it looks cute and funny and I am excited to watch it with my nieces and nephews.
Possible except for one tiny detail, in the trailer we see them interfering with that little girl's tablet game in the middle of the day.

Jan 27, 2011
I saw this yesterday and I'm just over here going "...PLEEAAAAASE don't suck..."

I mean, it seems to have competent writers and designers behind it, but nothing about it is making me sit up and pay attention, unlike the first movie. Maybe when we get some details about what the point of the plot is going to be... :s

It's kind of sad that I'm having the same "Please don't be terrible" emotion towards this as Ready Player One. I'm finding it veeerrry hard to have faith in either of those, but I really really want them to be at least decent. :(

Canadamus Prime said:
I got the impression at the start of the trailer that the arcade is practically abandoned and that there's no one going there right now, so it's not like they have to worry about someone coming in to play their games.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
aegix drakan said:
Canadamus Prime said:
I got the impression at the start of the trailer that the arcade is practically abandoned and that there's no one going there right now, so it's not like they have to worry about someone coming in to play their games.
If that's the case that only makes it worse because that would lead to the threat of them being shut down and unplugged which was also a plot point of the first movie. Also they're recycling jokes that were first done by Futurama in the late 90's.

Jan 27, 2011
Canadamus Prime said:
aegix drakan said:
Canadamus Prime said:
If that's the case that only makes it worse because that would lead to the threat of them being shut down and unplugged which was also a plot point of the first movie.
I'm assuming the third act twist will involve "oh no, quick we need to upload the entire arcade to the internet to save everyone from the arcade shutting down", personally. A predictable and "safe" twist. Because there's no way they'd let all the characters get deleted by the arcade shutting down.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
aegix drakan said:
Canadamus Prime said:
aegix drakan said:
Canadamus Prime said:
If that's the case that only makes it worse because that would lead to the threat of them being shut down and unplugged which was also a plot point of the first movie.
I'm assuming the third act twist will involve "oh no, quick we need to upload the entire arcade to the internet to save everyone from the arcade shutting down", personally. A predictable and "safe" twist. Because there's no way they'd let all the characters get deleted by the arcade shutting down.
And not nearly as interesting a journey as the first movie.

Jan 27, 2011
Canadamus Prime said:
I agree. Unless they show me some kind of interesting story angle like the first one did to catch my attention, I find it very hard to have any real hope for this movie. :(

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
aegix drakan said:
Canadamus Prime said:
I agree. Unless they show me some kind of interesting story angle like the first one did to catch my attention, I find it very hard to have any real hope for this movie. :(
Based on this trailer I cannot imagine what angle they could possibly approach this from that could make it even close to the first one. The first one had me hooked from the first trailer and not just because of the cameos from famous video game characters (although that helped). This trailer, in contrast, just has me groaning and rolling my eyes.