Wreck-It Ralph 2 Official Trailer

Feb 26, 2014
Well, the exploding bunny was funny. The first movie was really good and people seemed to loved Zootopia (I've only ever seen a meme of the rabbit holding a carrot and calling it a vibrator), so I'm willing to give this movie a shot. At the very least it's visually pleasing.

wizzy555

Oct 14, 2010
And that's when the sad realisation hits you. The era of pandering to nostalgic references is over, they are making actual children's movies for actual children. And all children know is repetitive ios popup laden crap-ware.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Samtemdo8 said:
Ok, I am gonna be frank
And I'm gonna be Gary. *rimshot*

wizzy555 said:
And that's when the sad realisation hits you. The era of pandering to nostalgic references is over, they are making actual children's movies for actual children. And all children know is repetitive ios popup laden crap-ware.
Yeah! Get rid of the old! Welcome the new! OK, that's not true. They also know Hearthstone, FNM and lootboxes!

Seriously though, this means I'll have to watch the Emoji movie beforehand to compare it with this when it comes out. :p

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
CaitSeith said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Ok, I am gonna be frank

wizzy555 said:
Yeah! Get rid of the old! Welcome the new! OK, that's not true. They also know Hearthstone, FNM and lootboxes!

Seriously though, this means I'll have to watch the Emoji movie beforehand to compare it with this when it comes out. :p
What the hell is FNM?

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Going into the internet has me reaaaally worried- because I still remember the last time a beloved animated character got a movie where they were thrust into the modern world via the internet...

It did not go down well. [https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/adventures_of_rocky_and_bullwinkle/]

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Samtemdo8 said:
CaitSeith said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Ok, I am gonna be frank

wizzy555 said:

What the hell is FNM?
Typo. It was FNAF.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
I'm not particularly excited about this trailer but I only bought the first movie after seeing parts of it on department store televisions. After watching it I found myself enchanted enough to rewatch it several times.

I can see them going into the internet as a plot device because the "Arcade" theme was antiquated to begin with and they're limited in the number of ways they can continue the basic premise.

I do wonder how much time they'll spend in WoW or KOTOR type multiplayers and if one way old game characters will survive their games being shut down is by migrating en masse to the internet.

Then they can have Ralph and the others download themselves into people's XBone's etc.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Basement Cat said:
I do wonder how much time they'll spend in WoW or KOTOR type multiplayers
Ready Player One gave me enough of that nonsense, thanks.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Hawki said:
Basement Cat said:
I wonder how much all the cameos that movie will have will actually have a major part in the movie?

Like is Iron Giant gonna be a full fledged character in the movie following the protaginist?

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Canadamus Prime said:
I'm guessing they're just going to gloss over, if not completely ignore, the fact that they're abandoning their games even though that was a major plot point in the first movie.

No, I am not sold on this at all. The first movie was an interesting journey of self-discovery. I don't even know what the hell this is other than blatant corporate pandering.
They kind of did that with the first movie, which was basically stuck in the Land of Candy Commercials for 8/10s of the time. No one listened to me then though. No one!

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Samtemdo8 said:
Hawki said:
Basement Cat said:
I wonder how much all the cameos that movie will have will actually have a major part in the movie?

Like is Iron Giant gonna be a full fledged character in the movie following the protaginist?
If it's like the book, probably not. There'll be lots of stuff from pop culture, but it won't mean anything, just be sensory overload at best, and obnoxious easter eggs at worst.

Rangaman

Feb 28, 2016
On the one hand, props for going in an unexpected direction. I'm okay with the film moving away from the arcade (after all, imagine if Toy Story 2 stayed in the same neighborhood) but doing a film about teh internets usually ends with some painfully dated jokes and memes. And what I saw in the trailer was really quite meh. The bunny sketch was pretty fun, but other than that, I didn't really see anything super funny. Unlike, say...
...that.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
maninahat said:
Canadamus Prime said:
I'm guessing they're just going to gloss over, if not completely ignore, the fact that they're abandoning their games even though that was a major plot point in the first movie.

No, I am not sold on this at all. The first movie was an interesting journey of self-discovery. I don't even know what the hell this is other than blatant corporate pandering.
They kind of did that with the first movie, which was basically stuck in the Land of Candy Commercials for 8/10s of the time. No one listened to me then though. No one!
I suppose you could make that argument. On the other hand, aside from the nudge wink nods to retro video games, it wasn't a plug for any specific product. Also it had fleshed out characters that had arcs. We we also have The Lego Movie. The thing was blatantly a feature length toy commercial, but I didn't mind because it had fully fleshed out likable characters that had arcs. In this movie the characters have no where to go after the first movie so it's just "lets just have them explore the internet and repeat 20 year old jokes." And also completely ignore stuff established in the first movie presumably.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Canadamus Prime said:
Now that you mention it, how the heck did Vanellope get out of her game? She was still glitchy at the end of the first movie.

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
CaitSeith said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Now that you mention it, how the heck did Vanellope get out of her game? She was still glitchy at the end of the first movie.
yes and no. she's still glitchy, but since the game original code is restore, it migth be possible for her to leave. at the end of the first movie, she was at the marriage...

Canadamus Prime said:
Possible except for one tiny detail, in the trailer we see them interfering with that little girl's tablet game in the middle of the day.
internet is global. it could be nigth at the arcade, and day where ever the little girl is...

anyway. it could be good or it could be emoji 2.0. i sure hope it's good. for what i've heard the plot is that candy crush is broken and they must get a part for repair it on ebay.

Jan 27, 2011
CaitSeith said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Didn't they fix her and she's just used to glitching now, so she knows how to do it on command despite no longer being a glitch, or something?

I mean, the ending of the first movie has her show up to Felix's wedding in Hero's duty, so she was able to leave her game back in the first movie.

InflatableHippo

Feb 13, 2016
Country
usa
The entire point of the Emoji movie was as an advertisement for people to buy animated Emoji's.

This movie will be an advertisement for whatever company's will pay the studio to advertise.

We now live in an era where people pay to be advertised to.