WTF ?!?!?! "Girlfriend activation system" ?!?!?!

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Jesterscup said:
sky14kemea said:
Lilani said:
As others have said...while it's understandable people are beginning to get confused about what belongs in R&P with the GG stuff being contained here, this is definitely not within our purview of topics.
I agree. I'll move it to Off Topic.

If people have problems with the Ads, they can leave a comment with the Tech Team [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Tech-Team].
I don't have a problem with the ads, but some of the "more from the web" ones can be a bit weird, I thought there might be quite a bit of humour in the "girlfriend activation system" one....
Sorry, I didn't mean it directed at you personally! I just put that in most threads that are about ads on the site because usually someone will take these threads as a chance to complain, so I prefer to try and redirect the complaints somewhere where they'll actually be seen by people who can do something about it.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I'm in the pubclub since over a year back. Help me out. What's this ad look like?

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Christ you made it a chore to figure out what the shit this topic is about.
So my best guess is you are wondering about social dynamics/engineering? Well there is plenty to read about in all sorts of places if you are actually interested. In short, humans work on a system, that system can be broken down categorically and by extent also manipulated.

Some people learn to do this with lots of practice (what to wear, say, express, ...) and the secluded of us need to read about it and wonder if that shit works. From what I observed myself the social dynamic stuff does overlap a great deal with peoples actual responses.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
It's as if you think adverts are more legitimate than internet pirates. Truth is, as long as they pay the website, the website doesn't care what potential viruses the ad holds. These kinds of adverts (anything to do with secrets to dating or weight loss etc) are the usual suspects for this.

Queen Michael said:
I'm in the pubclub since over a year back. Help me out. What's this ad look like?
Most people don't have ads, regardless of their pubclub status.

Jesterscup

Sep 9, 2014
Queen Michael said:
third post in this thread... inside the spoiler

***WARNING***
I tried the "Girlfriend Activation System" on my wife, hoping to have a mecha-wife ( "Mecha-wife, I choose you!" )
unfortunately it turns out that it only works on girlfriends, wifes seem to be contra-indicated, with the following symptoms: loss of money,hair & sanity.

Please note the above post was intended for humorous content only, do not apply topically, not suitable for children under 432 Months.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
I know there's a joke to be made here about hormonal girlfriends, mood swings and killer robots but I just can't quite make it out.

As for the add itself, appears to be another one of those interchangeable advertisements for scams aimed at the pathetically insecure and lonely: best to ignore it and get back to work on those mecha designs.

Generalissimo

Your Commander-in-Chief
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
UK
oh for...

in case it needs to be said, it's a faaaaake. soem cocky knowitall dictates social etiquette to you at the cost of your own money. nothing google, youtube or a decent self help book couldn't do and better.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Jesterscup said:
However this may not be the case, is it actually in fact some sort of system ( perhaps a magic word/dance ) that transforms your girl into a mecha to help fight aliens/monsters ( with tentacles of course!) ?
If I've actually been inhabiting an anime all this time, I really don't want to find out now.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
sky14kemea said:
Jesterscup said:
sky14kemea said:
Lilani said:
As others have said...while it's understandable people are beginning to get confused about what belongs in R&P with the GG stuff being contained here, this is definitely not within our purview of topics.
I agree. I'll move it to Off Topic.

If people have problems with the Ads, they can leave a comment with the Tech Team [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Tech-Team].
I don't have a problem with the ads, but some of the "more from the web" ones can be a bit weird, I thought there might be quite a bit of humour in the "girlfriend activation system" one....
Sorry, I didn't mean it directed at you personally! I just put that in most threads that are about ads on the site because usually someone will take these threads as a chance to complain, so I prefer to try and redirect the complaints somewhere where they'll actually be seen by people who can do something about it.
I've only ever had a problem with an ad once, and it was many years ago, (pubclub Influences that of course), but given that it broke the site for a whole week. (broke as in crashed my browser within seconds of loading. Especially nasty given it likes to reload previously open tabs on startup), and at the time I had no idea how to contact anyone. (obviously, under the circumstances that would have been difficult regardless, but still)

Good to see an organised place for it now, even if it would have been unusable back then.
Hopefully problems that severe aren't common though.
Of course, I haven't seen the ads in site in years. Barely remember what it's like... I can kinda guess where they go though, given where the pubclub stuff is placed...

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Random Fella said:
Queen Michael said:
Citation? You have any stats for this "most people" claim?

Shinkicker444

Dec 6, 2011
Huh, I've seen those exact ads on my iPad, which is weird since I use my iPad to look at like...4 websites (2 of which don't even use ads). So if it's getting them from search history or something its news to me. I have to say some of the ones I've seen pop up look like they could be hilarious to look at, like the pets doing weird shit and the like.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
IceForce said:
Random Fella said:
Queen Michael said:
Other than applications such as adblocker being the most downloaded apps on browsers such as Chrome, you'll just have to take my word for it.

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
Random Fella said:
IceForce said:
Random Fella said:
Queen Michael said:
Other than applications such as adblocker being the most downloaded apps on browsers such as Chrome, you'll just have to take my word for it.
Is this the moment when IceForce jumps out and screams ''HAHA! I got you to name that which shall not be named!''

If so, that would be hilarious.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Ushiromiya Battler said:
Random Fella said:
IceForce said:
Is this the moment when IceForce jumps out and screams ''HAHA! I got you to name that which shall not be named!''

If so, that would be hilarious.
Not at all.

This site always seems to be having financial problems, and the ads here are some of the most horrendously bad ads on the internet.
If the claim is true, and "most people" don't see them, that would explain a lot. Which is why I was interested in seeing if anyone had any actual figures to support this theory.