X-Com: Fight for Earth. A Sci-Fi, World saving Rp *Started* *Accepting Res sheets, Apply via PM*

The Zango

Resident stoner and Yognaught
Apr 30, 2009
Kasai

"But they have only just arrived! They don't even know what they are dealing with.........Ye......yes I understand, Kasai out"

Kasai let out a long breath and took a short gulp of his whiskey, talking with the Director always made him nervous and if that wasn't enough, he now had to send his recruits off on their first mission!

Sure it was meant to just be a simple recovery but things never went to plan and there were always, always complications.

No use delaying the inevitable

Kasai set down his glass, pressed the large button on his desk and spoke into the intercom.

"Recruits, no time to get settled in, we've got a job to do. Report to the armoury, get equipped and head to the main hangar ASAP"

@Neo: Your sheet has been updated, I likes it!

@Everyone: When everyone arrives at the armoury I'll post a list of its contents and leave you to go nuts with whatever loadout you choose, there will be limits to inventory and it may vary from character to character. The contents of the armoury will expand as the RP progresses and better gear will become available as RusCom proves its usefulness.

I'll also start sending out invites for the usergroup, there you can make complaints, give me feedback and suggestions etc. Its a learning experience for me and I'd like to hear your thoughts.

That is all, carry on!

the Tadman

Apr 15, 2009
Horus dropped his bag on his pillow and slid off the bed hastefully. Without waiting for the others he left the barracks, stretching his arms midway. His headache didn't subside, it was the opposite, it grew and grew until Horus couldn't take it anymore. He stopped. Leaning towards the left wall he took a long drawn out breath. That sorta helped. The headache was still there but it felt better. He continued to walk towards the armory, Horus didn't yet know the base quite well, but the directions on the walls helped a bunch. Horus heard the others beginining to leave when already he was halfway there.

I noticed that the RusCom base schematic doesn't include the armory. Or is it renamed in an other way?

The Zango

Apr 30, 2009
'Twas called the Magazine but I've renamed it for convenience sake, I've also renamed the barracks', the living quarters, the barracks proper (where you are staying) is the section just above the workshop.

Time Travelling Toaster

The Toast with the 'Tache
Mar 1, 2009
"Hmph, and here I was hoping to get caught up on some sleep," Groa sighs, a pout crossing her lips, before being replaced by a thin smile.

She sighs once more upon looking out at the maze before them, "does anyone know where we are going?" she asks without turning to face the others.

Souldemon8

Elite Member
Nov 30, 2009
"Well looking at the map the armoury doesn't look to far from here. Hope you don't get lost princess," Ethan smirked making his way passed Groa.

Time Travelling Toaster

Mar 1, 2009
"Oh come now," Groa smiles, looking at Ethan's back, "I only wish to know if my comrades are smart enough to read a map...you pass that test, just. I suppose, there is only two routes.." she trails off, shrugging before heading out, picking her way through the base towards the armoury.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
"Come on, not even time to eat or nothing? Damn it," Corey hopped off the bed and followed behind the group, particularly behind Groa. "So, anyone know what specifically we're gonna be doing here? I mean, I assumed it was some kinda secret mission or something, but I never got any more info then that."

Nukey

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2009
Akira scratched her head, not entirely sure why everyone was leaving the room or what the announcement that had previously gotten everyone's attention had been about, though she found it safe to assume to that it was likely important and that she had best follow unless she wanted to get yelled at by her superior officer...again.

With a sigh, Akira started walking behind the rest of the group, not talking and instead trying to pick up a bit of the language, hopefully being able to recognize enough of it to understand some of what they were saying.

The Zango

Apr 30, 2009
"You take alot of time! Don't let this happen again" barked Victor as the recruits began to arrive in the armoury, he'd been waiting for several minutes now and he expected things to be done alot quicker in future.

It was a cramped grey room with a large mesh fence and counter separating the area in which the recruits were located from where Victor stood, impatiently glowering down upon them. Once the majority had arrived he unlocked and opened a small door in the side of the fence to let the recruits in.

"Pick your weapons, take combat suit and dos...dosy... Folder from pile over there, each of you. Be quick about it! When you are finished put on the suits and go to the hangar"

With that Victor picked up his own suit and walked out of the armoury, leaving the new recruits to their duties.

Ok, The armoury contents and inventory management spoilers are up on the first page. If your unsure about anything just PM me. I apologise for the lousy presentation, I'll re-type it tomorrow once I've had some sleep

Souldemon8

Elite Member
Nov 30, 2009
"Now this is what I'm talking about," Ethan smiled rubbing his hands togther.

He ran over to the weapon layout. He quickly grabbed a Sc3000 and a grenade launcher.

"Fits like a glove," Ethan kissed the gun.

He then preceded to grab 4 MK IV ignoring the P99. He quickly stripped on the combat suits. They felt weird from the usually American battle dress. It would take him some time to get used to the feel of the material. He slung his gun over his back and grabbed one of the dossiers.

"Looks like we're on recovery," Aaron looked up at the rest of the group.

The Zango

Apr 30, 2009
Btw lets see if you still like the Combat suits when you've seen this...
Thats you! Enjoy!
*evil snicker*

Souldemon8

Elite Member
Nov 30, 2009
BigZ225 said:
Thats you! Enjoy!
*evil snicker*
AWWW CMON GIVE US A BREAK!!!

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
"Wow, look at all this stuff," Corey remarked. "Whatever we're doing, it's going to get blown up pretty good!"

He grabbed one of the standard Sc3000s. He didn't need the grenade launcher. Not with his arm. He scooped up one of the pistols and three of the grenades and headed over to the suits. With his stature, getting into them proved to be a little difficult, but he eventually got it on.

"Christ, these suits are clearly not made for a tall bastard like me."

the Tadman

Apr 15, 2009
Horus didn't hesitate, he picked the weapon he was most experienced and comfortable with. The Sc3000 Assault Riffle. Next he grabbed the P99 pistol, not sure what else to get, he grabbed 3 more grenades and was done.

The sigh of the dreadful armor sent shivers down Horus' spine. He knew he wasn't the most attractive male ever, but that didn't bother him too much, but the suit did. Horus knew he would look like a circus clown, or worse. Shrugging his disgust for the suit with the thought of helping his family, he put it on. Surprisingly the suit was rather comfy, it didn't retrain him too much as he first thought.

"Do I look retarded..." Horus said to himself looking over his hands and torso after sliding the suit on.

Time Travelling Toaster

Mar 1, 2009
"Hmm, guess I'll take the shotgun then..don't plan on using it too much though," Groa shrugs, picking the shotgun, the P99 and a couple of grenades for good measure before leaving the table, for the suits.

"Oh...charming," she complains, pulling on the armour, feeling it fit very snugly against her. "Doesn't leave much to the imagination..." she complains again, a slight twang of insincerity in her voice at the statement, as she looks over herself.

The Zango

Apr 30, 2009
Victor

Victor stood in the hangar, awaiting the recruits. He wore his worn combat suit and it still fit him like a glove, he'd been pulled off of combat duties in his last base but had refused to return his suit.

He wondered how the newbies were feeling, the first time he worn his he'd hated it. The feeling of the suit hugging close to every muscle and dip, practically displaying you as if you weren't wearing clothes at all. However over the months he'd grown fond of his suit, it afforded his much more flexibility than anything Spetnaz issued and he damn sure wouldn't have been able to sprint in that old crap.

Apparently the suits using 'special pressure technology' helps optimize performance, raise alertness and were rumoured to be good for your back aswell.

All Victor knew for sure was that he wouldn't be around if not for the suit and he was damn pleased he was being allowed out in the field.

Just like old times

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
Corey looked over at Groa after her remark about the suit. Damn, she can make that suit look good. I mean, is that even fair? How I'm supposed to concentrate when I'm fighting with that?

"Eh, my imagination was never that good anyway," he remarked. "I appreciate the real life demonstration."

the Tadman

Apr 15, 2009
Horus grabbed a few glimpses of the blond ,whose name escaped him, in the tight suit they were issued to wear. His face couldn't help but turn red at the sigh of her.

(Knock it off, dumbass.) Horus mind yelped at him. He quickly turned his attention away and went to the hangar.

Time Travelling Toaster

Mar 1, 2009
A devilish smile plays across Groa's lips at Corey's statement. She turns to face him, tipping her head playfully, "who know's if you play your cards right, you just may," she purrs before turning away to follow the quiet man from the room.

"Hey, you!" she shouts down the hall after him, "wait up!"

Nukey

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2009
Akira scanned over the pieces of equipment on the table in front of her, smiling wider with each device to that she looked over. Her eyes stopped and focused at the sight of a bludgeoning tool, made of metal and plastic, with the words "high voltage" printed on the side. She didn't hesitate to grab it, in fact, she practically jumped on it, not giving anyone the opportunity to even get a glimpse at it. As her fingers when down the center, they hit a switch, and small crackles of electricity emitted from the weapon.

Holy shit, this thing is fucking cool! She thought, swinging it around clumsily. Then, after a bit of fooling around, she promptly took a pistol and the remaining shotgun, not bothering with the grenades that she was sure she'd manage to cause a problem with, insanely cackling all the while.

The suits, however, were a different matter. Upon seeing the dull gray armor, she took a nervous step backwards, not entirely comfortable with the concept of a skin tight uniform, regardless of how practical they were. It took a moment, but she eventually mustered up the courage to bother with it, and quickly dressed herself in attempt to get it over with it as quickly as possible, and then headed behind the others to the hangar, once more behind the main group due to her dillydallying.

BigZ225 said:
Thats you! Enjoy!
*evil snicker*
I think they're kinda cute, actually.

The people in them, however...eww, the guy on the left looks like my gym teacher. D: