X-Com: Fight for Earth. A Sci-Fi, World saving Rp *Started* *Accepting Res sheets, Apply via PM*

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
God damn, she even talks hot. Maybe it's the accent. I could definitely go for that.

Corey snapped himself out of his admiration after Groa left the room. "All right, let's see what's up." He grabbed one of the remaining folders and followed after the other two.

The Zango

Resident stoner and Yognaught
Apr 30, 2009
Kasai

Kasai descended the stairs down onto the hangar floor just in time for the first of the recruits to arrive. He did his best to suppress a smile at the recruits obvious uncomfortably in such preposterous get ups, Victor had assured him however that the suits were 'as good as they looked', whatever that meant.

The hangar had changed in the short time it had been vacant, in the space that had been previously occupied by the fold away chairs was now the SkyHawk.

It was the size of one of those small British buses but resembled one of the primitive crafts that man had first sent into space, it was made of a shiny grey metal and bore the X-Com logo on the side.

So much for subtlety

Once the majority of the recruits had arrived he approached them and began his first mission briefing as base commander, it felt strange, to know that these people were his responsibility and that their lives were in his hands.

"Ok, listen up. Asiacom have thoughtfully downed a UFO in our jurisdiction and have delegated the responsibility of clearing the site to us. It'll be a simple and Victor can explain more when you touch down, however its still a hot zone and there is every likelihood that you'll encounter Greys at the least. Any questions?"

Time Travelling Toaster

The Toast with the 'Tache
Mar 1, 2009
"So...we're the glorified cleaners? How...dirty," Groa pouts, "I'm sure this will be fun. At least me and Akira will have big strong men to protect us," she smiles, looking between all the males of the group.

"Oh, actually I have a question! What happens if we find civilians being held? Do we set out to free them? Or leave them till the clean up is done?" she asks Kasai, a seriousness in her voice.

The Zango

Apr 30, 2009
Kasai regarded Groa with his pale blue eyes, he hoped her flirting wouldn't distract the others on the mission. He couldn't deny though, the fact that she was a very, very beautiful woman.

"There will be no non-combatants, the ship being used isn't the type the aliens use for abductions."

"But it is best for you to stay on toes, nasty surprises are always a possibility"

Victor finished Kasai's sentence and he simply nodded in agreement.

Souldemon8

Elite Member
Nov 30, 2009
Ethan had gone over the dossier many a times getting all the info he could out of it before tossing it back on the table next to him. He squirmed in his suit before turning to Kasai.

"What if we find some alien tech on the ship?"

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
"So this is like the hazing mission, is it? All right, let's do it and then get back. Should be quick," Corey said.

Wow, this chick is coming on right strong isn't she? Almost suspicious. Keyword is almost though. And I'm probably just being paranoid.

Corey smiled back at Groa after she said that statement.

the Tadman

Apr 15, 2009
Horus opened his mouth about to ask a question, but the blond spoke before he could. Half a minute later he thought of another question, but then the man he heard called Ethan spoke for him once more. Horus soon came to a revelation, those people could read his mind.

(If I die I want Horus to have all my wealth) He thought to himself and began waiting for someone to say the words. Sadly nothing happened and Horus' theory of mind reading teammates was discontinued.

The Zango

Apr 30, 2009
"What if we find some alien tech on the ship?"

"The main mission focus is to search for alien tech, Victor will tell you what is priority, if the situation arises" Kasai spoke without any kind of conviction in his voice. What chance did they have of finding anything useful? They'd have more chance winning the lottery. Kasai sighed and turned to face the last question.

"So this is like the hazing mission, is it? All right, let's do it and then get back. Should be quick,"

"Yes but don't forget to keep your eyes open, X-Com has lost entire teams to alien ambushes and carelessness" Said Kasai, his tone becoming more grave towards the end of the sentence, he turned to Victor.

"I'm counting on you to get them through"

Victor nodded and as if on que, the SkyHawks rear access ramp descended and Victor walked inside briskly to take his seat.

"Good luck team" said Kasai and he turned to Akira who had been quiet throughout the entire briefing .

"Koun ni mo yoi", Good luck to you too

With that Kasai afforded the team a formal bow and walked off toward the command centre.

Ok Minor problem guys, this weekend I'm being dragged of on some kind of crazy excursion and so I probably won't be able to post on Saturday. I'll try and get something comprehensive up for you too do on Friday before I leave and I'll make up for lost time on Sunday evening when I get back. Hope it doesn't cause a problem guys.

axle 19

Bearer of the Necronomicon
Aug 2, 2008
I missed the start of the RP since I be on vacation. I'll do my best to keep up.

Marcus walked into the room, his head currently playing host to a unsolicited metal concert. Son of a ***** I need to watch out with the drinking The rest of the team had gathered around one of the SkyHawks and Kasai was giving some kind of speech. Great first impression Marcus, show up to the meeting late and mildly hungover. You really know how to get people to value you don't you.. Putting on his best face, he made himself known, "Hey guys. Sorry I'm late," he said as he sheepishly scratched the back of his head.

Time Travelling Toaster

The Toast with the 'Tache
Mar 1, 2009
"Heh, guess we get to go then," Groa smiles thinly before sauntering up the ramp to sit across from Victor.

"How long will this flight be?" she asks before thinking, "sir," she adds as an afterthought, trying to show some respect.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
"No worries, man," Corey said to the newcomer as he headed on board the plane.

He headed onto the plan and sat in the back seat. "So, are we getting some peanuts or something on this trip?"

The Zango

Apr 30, 2009
Victor glared momentarily at Marcus and Corey in turn, 'fucking idiots', before turning to Groa to answer her question.

"I don't know, should be-"

"Tree hours" came a loud, heavily accented voice from the ships intercom speakers, the sound of his broken English seemed to echo inside the small hull and it made Victor shake his head involuntarily.

"Buckle yourselves ladies" the voice continued as the engines roared to life and the hangar was filled with a large groan as the roof seemed to split open, revealing a mass of swirling white above them.

Victor looked out at the others impatiently, this group was certainly slow on the uptake.

ITS ALIVE! Woo, I'll wait for someone else to post and then I'll begin your first mission.

axle 19

Aug 2, 2008
Marcus smiled at Corey's comment, "This is the military man, we'll probably have to share the bags between us." Nodding over to Victor, he continued, "It looks like he might have a problem with us don't ya think?" At least the people on the team are somewhat friendly...

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
"Aww, he's just gotta lighten up a little bit," Corey replied at a tone low enough to avoid Victor's ears. "You just wait until we get out there. Show him exactly how valuable we'll be."

axle 19

Aug 2, 2008
"Very true man. Why does it seem that all the superiors have a stick permanently lodged up their ass? I mean really a little levity and they get all pissy and moany," he replied maintaining the whispering volume.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
"I dunno, he's got the accent too, means he's foreign. That doubles the factor right there. I mean I don't think they have a word for humor in his language."

axle 19

Aug 2, 2008
"Maybe one of the requirements of being an officer is a humorectomy? Hopefully that nononsense attitude means he is good in the field."

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
"Yeah, probably best he's in control and not me." Corey leaned back in the seat. He looked around. "Gotta be something around here to eat. Didn't have anything on the ride over here."

The Zango

Apr 30, 2009
The remaining recruits clambered aboard the SkyHawk with little fuss and soon they were on their way. They sped over frozen tundra and through swirling blizzards, as they did so Victor gave them a short brief.

"Ok! We arrive soon, when we hit ground, two follow me closely and two cover the flank, which two I don't care but follow my plan. Do not touch anything da? If you discover alien techs notify me and I will decide what's valuable. Clear?"

He gave a stern look at each one of the recruits and some nodded solemnly in reply.

The SkyHawk began to near the crash site, its only distinguishing feature a plume of dark black smoke that stood out in the sea of white.

"Ok, good luck ju newbies!" came the voice from the cockpit once more, making Victor scowl.

The SkyHawk began to descend, making Victors gut seem to rise a few inches. He smiled inwardly to himself, he was used to this, what must the recruits be feeling? Once the Skyhawk came to a halt Victor stood and readied his rifle, aiming it at the door as if he expected it to jump out at him.

However it did not, it opened with a swish and revealed a plain white landscape with bits of mysterious debris scattered around randomly.

It was time

Ok when yall exit the Hawk I'll describe the scene for you in full, then if your characters, by reading the post or by sheer blind luck discover something, I'll pm you the details and you can include it in your next post. If any of you have any suggestions for the system then feel free to share

axle 19

Aug 2, 2008
Marcus glanced at the open door and the surreal white plain, What were you expecting huh? A fiery crash? Aliens running around here and there? Nodding to Corey, he spoke "You want to go with Captain Stick up his Ass or cover the flank?" At least I made friends with someone in the group Shouldering his rifle, he waited for Corey to move.

So I'm off to the beach. Be back later.