X-Men: First Class Shows Off Its Cast in New Meet-and-Greet Trailers

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
They crammed a crowning moment of heartwarming into a frickin' trailer! I hadn't even heard of that guy before.

Ticket sold.

Spectrum_Prez

Aug 19, 2009
I never cared for comic books or the first three X-men movies, but I will see this movie because Matthew Vaughn is directing it.

That man can do no wrong. Just look at his freakin' resume.

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
baconsarnie said:
As a physicist nearly everything in the 'banshee' trailer made me cry.
As a layman with only an intuitive understanding of physics everything in the banshee trailer made me cry.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
skyline4388 said:
Last I checked, First Class referred to the original team of Cyclops, Marvel Girl (Jean Grey), Ice Man, Beast, and Angel.

Why do you do this to us Fox? WHY?!
To be fair, we do still have beast and instead we have cyclops' brother (Havok)...atleast, last i checked he was cyclops' brother. If i'm wrong, then don't hesitate to correct me, i havn't read much of the comics.

Simmo8591

May 20, 2009
This looks pretty amazing tbh.

And as a reasonably large x-men fan I'm still ok with the slight continuity changes and different mix of characters.

and yes Havok is usually Cyclops brother but may not be here.... could still be a relation to him tho...maybe an uncle...

If there was a fault with Watchmen (not my opinion i still rate it as my 2nd favorite movie ever) it was that it hugged it's original text so hard that most shots were straight out of the comic. If they didn't take these changes then the purists who really know there law would know how everything is going to pan out before they've seen it.

I think as long as the characters are faithful who they mix with doesn't bother me

Robyrt

Aug 1, 2008
This looks great! (Which I say, staring at my shelf of X-Men paperbacks.)

Banshee has essentially lost his previous personality, so we'll have to see what they come up with. He never made any physics sense anyway.

Havok's goofy ring theme is a pretty good way to visually communicate his whole "emo Cyclops" vibe in more of a visual form, where Claremont would just throw up a big paragraph of text.

Beast is actually pretty close to the comics, although with less of a scientist vibe than an experimenting-with-drugs vibe, which fits the overall OMG ADOLESCENCE theme of the film so far.

Frankly, I'm just glad they are using actual interesting X-Men with at least one character trait, rather than plucking them from the forgettable '90s roster.

sdc10

Jun 9, 2010
I still think this movie has "meh" written all over it, Im not even going to get into the fact of how much it screws up the continuity of the films.

Ihniwid

Nov 8, 2010
baconsarnie said:
What was wrong with it? My car is propelled by sonic sound as well.

Great on gas.

Looks like Dawson's Creek 2.0, likely wait for rental. Yay.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
I have to say this looks awesome so far. I think it holds potential to be better then the previous X-men movies but we shall see soon enough.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
It looks pretty, but that's the nicest thing I'm going to say about this.

I'm honestly not sure how I'm supposed to feel about this Hank/Raven ship. It looks like they're trying to set up some kinda of hint that they're going to have Hank be Nightcrawler's father, despite the movie already having Nightcrawler's father in it. Then again, it could be a red herring. Eh.

I like how they're setting up Charles as this guy who's teaching these mutants to control their powers. What about him, though? He looks the same age as everyone else involved, did he just learn really fucking fast?

I hope they have some kind of event to knock Raven out of her "bubbly blonde" persona they're showing in this film and closer to her "badass assassin" persona in the other movies.

Is Hank supposed to be a politician or a scientist? Make up your fucking mind, Fox.

Anyone who is legitimately bitching about Charles having hair is a fucking tool.

Allonym

Sep 14, 2010
baconsarnie said:
I'm engaged to a biologist, technically this movie is a comedy of errors, that doesn't stop me from enjoying the concept.

baconsarnie

Jan 8, 2011
Allonym said:
baconsarnie said:
I'm engaged to a biologist, technically this movie is a comedy of errors, that doesn't stop me from enjoying the concept.
The fake 'sciency' stuff doesn't bother me too much
It's when they are totally wrong about simple stuff.
'Supersonic sound waves'
*rage*
Sound waves traveling faster than the speed of sound.
ffffuuuuuuu
*cry*

Tanfastic

Aug 5, 2009
Saltyk said:
It looks pretty well done. It might just be worth watching. Also, why do I recognize the guy playing Havok? He just looks familiar.
He was in the Last Song playing Will if you've seen it.

This looks awesome! Can't wait! ^.^

Bloodyrose

Mar 1, 2010
Wait isn't Banshee Irish? Also I remember that for beast anyway when he first joined the team he was originally a High School Football player, not some skinny stereotypical looking nerd.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
I guess the problem with X-men films is the same as I feel as someone mildly interested in the universe wondering where to start with the walls of alternative realities, timelines and universes that the comic books offer.
I don't know if this will work. It all looks kinda lame, and with several stories to tell I can't see it going anywhere interesting, plot wise. I suppose I'll wait and see.