X-Men Plus Clerks Equals Amazing Amateur Film

faspxina

Feb 1, 2010
I liked how they dealt with the first one without even using their powers and then went back to doing lazy stuff.

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
Yeah, I'd watch a whole series around this premise. It has a lot of promise. Give it a coat of polish and we're talking grade A stuff here.

Apr 17, 2009
J03bot said:
Actual said:
Sounds like Misfits.

Misfits on 4od [http://www.channel4.com/programmes/misfits/4od], not sure if this will let you stream the video if you're outside the U.K. but if you are a Brit you can watch it.
Misfits is awesome! As was this, surprisingly.

And let's be honest - most teenagers with superpowers would be lazy douchebags rather than heroes
Yeah, if I had powers I'd totally abuse them

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
That was really nicely done. Those effects were amazingly good for such a video.
So yeah: i really liked this video. Awesomely done.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
That is AWESOME!

The guys interact great with each other, and are well written and acted for amatures, but c'mon, the cliche no-nonsense female character who's smarter(more powerful), acts superior to the others and constantly complains about how big of idiots the guys are? That's like every videogame comic ever.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
So when's the film coming out? XD

Seriously, these guys should be so damn proud, this is fucking awesome to watch and funny too. :D

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Nurb said:
That is AWESOME!

The guys interact great with each other, and are well written and acted for amatures, but c'mon, the cliche no-nonsense female character who's smarter(more powerful), acts superior to the others and constantly complains about how big of idiots the guys are? That's like every videogame comic ever.
If you had the ability to bend space and time, don't you think you'd be a bit up yourself too? I do get what you're saying to, it's pretty cliche.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
captaincabbage said:
Nurb said:
That is AWESOME!

If you had the ability to bend space and time, don't you think you'd be a bit up yourself too? I do get what you're saying to, it's pretty cliche.
Haha, I'm not saying she couldn't but the type of character she is has become a little tiresome.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
These guys don't seem particularly Lazy nor do they appear to be Teenagers as the title implies. Wasn't entertained by it.

Crunchy_Frog

Nov 2, 2010
Actual said:
Sounds like Misfits.

Misfits on 4od [http://www.channel4.com/programmes/misfits/4od], not sure if this will let you stream the video if you're outside the U.K. but if you are a Brit you can watch it.
It also reminds me of the British mini-series "No Heroics".

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Nurb said:
captaincabbage said:
Nurb said:
That is AWESOME!

Haha, I'm not saying she couldn't but the type of character she is has become a little tiresome.
lol true 'dat.
She does need to have a slice of humble pie.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
I really liked that. I could see it being one of those awkward comedy movies like Zombieland.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I probably would have liked that film a lot better if it wasn't constantly compared to Kevin Smith/Clerks by the OP. I couldn't help but feel extremely bitter while watching this, especially when these kids kept stumbling all over their lines.

Diablo Cody, maybe, but this doesn't scrape the surface of Kevin Smith's charm at all. At best, this feels more like it's trying to be the Adobe After Effects version of Kick-Ass.

SamElliot'sMustache

Oct 5, 2009
This had some funny parts, but it's definitely not like Kevin Smith. The dialogue in this is self-consciously 'cool,' whereas Smith tends to do vulgar, geeky, or some combination of the two, and comes across like something actual people would say.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
Very Misfits.

Which is fine, because Misfits was fucking awesome.

This was pretty cool (Y)

2up

Jun 15, 2009
It wasn't amazing. The beginning in particular reminds me too much of the movie Kick-Ass. Nice VFX shots near the end.