"Xbox Factor" Transforming the Movie Industry

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
Kenjitsuka said:
""A lot of young males are spending much more time on the internet, games and UFC [ultimate fighting],""

Business idea: hire a room at the local theater and put up a sign:
"View the latest UFC match here now, live on our 120 foot screen! Our full surround system will make you half deaf as fighter A beats fighter B to a pulp!!!".

Seriously, this stuff gets pay per view bucks, so why not stream it live to your reeeeeally expensive "media room" a.k.a. movie theater and ask for a few bucks entrance fee?

People used to watch the News in theaters too once...
Being an huge fan of the UFC (and Mixed Martial Arts in general), this statement amused me greatly because the UFC recently announced they WOULD start selling Pay-per-views to movie theaters, though some people are raging about the costs.

And as someone replyed before, if they do it wrong, they can get into deep trouble. I recall a lawsuit because a bar somewhere bought a pay-per-view and allowed thier customers to watch for free, or something like that.

TxMxRonin

Jan 1, 2009
Is it really that videos games are taking over or is it that the sheer MAJORITY of films coming out are garbage? There was a movie called "ninja assassin", that just screams cinematic masterpiece.

Mayonegg

Mar 29, 2009
thenumberthirteen said:
Andy Chalk said:
"A lot of young males are spending much more time on the internet, games and UFC [ultimate fighting],"
I've never spent my time Ultimate Fighting.
I know. That is such an odd conclusion to jump to. Let's see they spend time on the internet, playing video games...um, TV, DVDs, just hanging out? No, they watch UFC.

Where do they get this sutff?

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
Irridium said:
Oh my god...

The teenage girls are taking over! Run for the hills! Bring the games!

EDIT: For something more substantial, consider this:

Are there more chick flicks because men are playing more games, or are men playing more games because there are more chick flicks?

Think about it...
Quoted for truth...this is so damn relevant. The most recent action movies have gotten a lot of bad reviews apart from Avatar. If they make a decent one, I will watch it.

The_Healer

Jun 17, 2009
I'm happy as long as Quentin Tarantino doesn't try his hand on these so called "chick flicks".

That man is sick, and I love him for it.

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
Ugh Rom-Com... so bad....John Cusak.... too late.... must get message to, wait... Action flicks sucking too... can't stay....... Oh hey video games.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Surely the fact that they're putting out more chick-flicks is the reason that guys aren't going as much?