Xbox Infinity unveiling in less than 10 hours

Johnlives

Dec 6, 2009
Terminate421 said:
The reason they were showing alot of everything is mostly out of this fact:

Microsoft wants the Xbox to be a multimedia entertainment device. Games are there ALONG with TV and god knows what else.

If you're only interested in the games, fine, Microsoft isn't forcing you to use the other shit.

I'm beginning to wonder if people even realize what they intended. They were intending to share their console to the world, not just gamers. They know that Kinect succeeded and they feel the need to target those people along with us.
But the sort of people who are going to watch the live launch of a games console are the gamers.

They could have upped the gaming content here and had a seperate press release for the generic press focussing on the details of all the other nonsense.

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
Terramax said:
xPixelatedx said:
Objectively speaking, it was much worse then the Sony one (how is that even possible?)
Honestly, I thought the PS4 conference was great. It confirmed how Sony were still invested in games, and how many game devs were invested in their console.

All I got from the Xbox 1 is that EA are the ONLY dev to care for the next Xbox. And probably only because of its stance on used games.
I agree, Sony focused on games and how the ps4 can improve gaming but people will find anything to complain about. Sony talked about how they can stream games, demo games, and stream to the vita and make it easier for devs to develop for the console. Microsoft focused on how you can have a skype call while watching ESPN. The only thing I read about the Xbox One that I thought was interesting was that it runs quiet because half the thing is a heating vent

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
Anathrax said:
I've cooled down a bit. Time to remedy that. Someone explain to me why watching television on a GAMING CONSOLE was more needed than backwards compatibility? Why was most of the focus based around Kinect?(Going so far as to call it a "primary" input)

About the only thing that is looking good is that Halo TV series, and that's only because Steven is somehow connected to it.

Edit: Also going so far as to saying "Call of Duty has the best fans" is just silly. Going so far as to saying DA BEST CONTROLLER IN THE WORLD is just lies.(Gamecube...)
I think you missed the whole point of what Microsoft was trying to do here. All they wanted to do is talk about what the new console can do on a broad scale. E3 is where the game-oriented announcements will take place. They realized that not everyone and their mother follow what happens at E3 let alone even know what E3 is. This is their way of getting their console out to everyone, including the non-gamers.

The fact that Microsoft is trying to appeal to a larger audience is fine. Hell, it's actually a pretty good business plan. Make an entertainment device that does everything and sell it to everyone. You like playing games? Well guess what, we do that. Like watching TV? Guess what, we do that too. They are trying to pull off a sort of Jack of All Trades console and to be honest I like this a lot. People are treating this like Microsoft is betraying the gaming community by trying to become more widespread but they fail to realize that this new xbox will be just as much a gaming console as it will be anything else.

Now as far as the used games and always online theories go, we are just going to have to wait for E3 to get anymore news on that. Though I highly doubt they will go that route. They must know for a fact that this will do nothing but hurt them in both the short and long term. I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
welp all i have to say that PS4 reveal was better imo. i really hoped MS would drop all those kinet gimmicks but obviously they didn't.

apollo278

May 19, 2011
Th37thTrump3t said:
I think you missed the whole point of what Microsoft was trying to do here. All they wanted to do is talk about what the new console can do on a broad scale. E3 is where the game-oriented announcements will take place. They realized that not everyone and their mother follow what happens at E3 let alone even know what E3 is. This is their way of getting their console out to everyone, including the non-gamers.
Even less non-gamers knew about this reveal or even cared to watch it. The only who watched are hardcore gamers and Xbox fans.

Th37thTrump3t said:
The fact that Microsoft is trying to appeal to a larger audience is fine. Hell, it's actually a pretty good business plan. Make an entertainment device that does everything and sell it to everyone. You like playing games? Well guess what, we do that. Like watching TV? Guess what, we do that too. They are trying to pull off a sort of Jack of All Trades console and to be honest I like this a lot. People are treating this like Microsoft is betraying the gaming community by trying to become more widespread but they fail to realize that this new xbox will be just as much a gaming console as it will be anything else.
But games are the core feature of xbox not tv. No one is going to out buy a video game console just to watch tv or track fantasy football if they don't care about the games in the first place. Especaily when there are better alternatives like a cable box or smart phone that most people already have. From the way I think the tv is gonna work is by pluging the cable box you already have into the xbox, so you will already have a way to watch tv.

Also about those 15 exclusive ips some of them are probably kinect games.

Zombie Sodomy

Feb 14, 2013
xPixelatedx said:
The infinity sign being a sideways 8 does not inspire confidence in me.
That name and logo were created by some random guy on Reddit. http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1e2s0u/discovered_that_everyone_thinks_a_fake_xbox/

Kilo24

Aug 20, 2008
Th37thTrump3t said:
It's not a bad idea overall, but both Microsoft and Sony have been trying the same strategy of marketing their gaming console as a central family entertainment hub for years now, and the results have been rather shy of spectacular. Maybe this next Xbox will finally be the spark at last starts the fire, but it still hasn't caught thus far.

Ren_Li

Mar 7, 2012
If the thing is backwards compatible, I'll be getting one, for the small handful of games I want. If it is not, then I will not. It truly is that simple- I'm not interested in buying a console for the very few games I'll be interested in, and having to have my 360 sat next to it for the 360/original XBOX games I love.

Seriously, the only news that makes much difference to me right now is "always on" (I think that's already been stated to be not-a-thing though?) and backwards compatibility. So we will see.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
apollo278 said:
Th37thTrump3t said:
Th37thTrump3t said:
But games are the core feature of xbox not tv. No one is going to out buy a video game console just to watch tv or track fantasy football if they don't care about the games in the first place. Especaily when there are better alternatives like a cable box or smart phone that most people already have. From the way I think the tv is gonna work is by pluging the cable box you already have into the xbox, so you will already have a way to watch tv.

Also about those 15 exclusive ips some of them are probably kinect games.
This was what I was thinking. The extra non gaming bits do to little for to much money to appeal to a non gamer. I can't see many people buying an Xbone just to talk to their friends over skype while watching TV, seeing friend based TV recommendations, or a voice activated remote. There are others ways to do this that non gamers can already get, and if thats their target they should have made a version that took out the gaming system part for a lower price. It does to little for the non gamer who will just wait for proper smart tvs (which Microsoft will be making), and the hardcore market won't want to put up with things like used game fees. They may have gotten the middle excited, the types that own about 5 games on their counsel, but even then they are the types to just get what ever the majority of their friends have so they can play together. Overall I just don't see it working out to well.

djl3485

Sep 30, 2012
Vegosiux said:
The reveal provided for some interesting stock movement.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SNE

I'm amused...
Ah yes using this to say that Microsoft sucked it up.

The rise in Sony's stock (which was only 2 points, not that much) was due to the speculation that Sony is going to separate their entertainment section (which includes Playstation) into their own entity.

But go ahead and try to say this was because of Microsoft. If that's the case then Microsoft's stock should have raised several points too based on Sony's lackluster PS4 reveal.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
PoolCleaningRobot said:
Terramax said:
xPixelatedx said:
Objectively speaking, it was much worse then the Sony one (how is that even possible?)
Honestly, I thought the PS4 conference was great. It confirmed how Sony were still invested in games, and how many game devs were invested in their console.

All I got from the Xbox 1 is that EA are the ONLY dev to care for the next Xbox. And probably only because of its stance on used games.
I agree, Sony focused on games and how the ps4 can improve gaming but people will find anything to complain about. Sony talked about how they can stream games, demo games, and stream to the vita and make it easier for devs to develop for the console. Microsoft focused on how you can have a skype call while watching ESPN. The only thing I read about the Xbox One that I thought was interesting was that it runs quiet because half the thing is a heating vent
AMEN brother! Further more, we get the impression the console is targeted to all new IPs and ideas, as well as existing franchises, from major devs, to Indies.

And unlike the Wii U, which solely cares for pushing Nintendo brands, crippled with a controller that annoys and alienates gamers and non-gamers alike, Sony's added feature seem not to hinder on the core gaming experience.

PS4 seems to be the only console about GAMES. Not ONLY SONY GAMES. Not GIMMICKY GAMES. Just games, of all variety, period.

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
Terrammaster post= said:
PoolCleaningRobot said:
Terramax said:
xPixelatedx said:

AMEN brother! Further more, we get the impression the console is targeted to all new IPs and ideas, as well as existing franchises, from major devs, to Indies.

And unlike the Wii U, which solely cares for pushing Nintendo brands, crippled with a controller that annoys and alienates gamers and non-gamers alike, Sony's added feature seem not to hinder on the core gaming experience.

PS4 seems to be the only console about GAMES. Not ONLY SONY GAMES. Not GIMMICKY GAMES. Just games, of all variety, period.
Sony fanboy master race bro fist!