Xbox LIVE hack doing the rounds

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
If it is only Fifa 12 dlc how can it have been happening in may i though it only came out like last month, im not really a fan of the series. I like football just not virtual football. Oh but it really doesn't rule out American at all most people i have played against on live are American (all seemed to want to be Man U,not sure why).

hutchy27

Jan 7, 2011
I only got 400 points on so I'll go check, I took off my credit card details awhile ago because it wouldn't let me cancel my automatic gold membership so I had to phone up to do make my account silver to then put on a year xbox live. :)

Fiad

Apr 3, 2010
And this is why I never put any details on my accounts. If I want to buy some DLC, I will go get a point card for the exact amount I need, spend it immediately.

Idsertian

Legacy
Apr 8, 2011
Panorama said:
If it is only Fifa 12 dlc how can it have been happening in may i though it only came out like last month, im not really a fan of the series. I like football just not virtual football. Oh but it really doesn't rule out American at all most people i have played against on live are American (all seemed to want to be Man U,not sure why).
If it has been happening that far back, it will obviously have been with another game. Probably FIFA 11. -_-

imnotparanoid said:
They spent your money on fifa!
Thats like self harm!
I lol'd. Fancy a cookie?

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Mine was h4x0r3d too, which made me ever so sad, though I only lost 960 Microsoft points since my credit card on there doesn't work.

However, I don't think Xbox is the one getting hacked. With the random and minimal damage (few people are getting this problem compared to the amount of Xbox users), I was thinking that they are getting usernames and passwords from little websites (for example, if my email for the Escapist and Xbox Live are the same) and then using the passwords they fish on the 360.

So for example, my email [email protected] and password ilovejustinbieber get taken from fakewebsite.com. They stick that email and the password into Xbox Live, knowing that most people don't use multiple passwords. It works every so often, they smash and grab and Tippy2k2 is sad because his money went away.

Damn it! I just gave my password up, now I'm going to have to go change it again!

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
I'm afraid stages like this is prime rib stylie for most hackers. It's a time when people are at their most vulnerable, when the product they are trying is full of holes, and the system is full of holes.

Der_Bradly

Jul 6, 2011
So... I looked this up online. Apparently this happens especially to people who have played the Battlefield 3 Beta...

While There are some whose account was hacked without playing the beta, An almost eerie similarity between hacked accounts in that those hacked played the BF3 beta.

So, dont play the Beta.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
I check my account now. I don't have a credit card on my 360, never did, but I did have a couple of points. By a couple I mean 30.
Oh no, I might lose 30 whole points.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Oh, thank god I have no points and I don't have a listed credit card attached to my account.
After the PSN hack I've been extra careful with putting any card info online.
Still, this is the first I've heard about it, thanks for the warning. I swear if this turns out to be another hack job I will demand to see heads on spikes as punishment for this.
I'll do it myself if it doesn't get done.

DRes82

Apr 9, 2009
Thanks for the heads up. Went to cancel my recurring membership and take off my credit card. Didn't realize how difficult microsoft had made it to do so. Switched it over to paypal for now.

Arluza

Jan 24, 2011
This happened to me when I tried to get on to do Dark Souls. Had to call them to do a check on this. lost 2000 MSP.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Wait hold on here. Where exactly is the evidence that XBL has been hacked. Between this thread and the OP linked threads there is ZERO evidence that XBL has been hacked.

No what there is evidence of is failed password security and/or cracked passwords.

Sorry to get somewhat nazi-ish about the usage but there is a reason. When you say hack, people think of hackers. However when you say hack when you mean crack, people still think of hackers and that is inappropriately assigning blame on the wrong group of people.

Sort of like calling a puerto rican a mexican. They "might" share some traits such as skin tone or language, but they are two completely separate and distinct things.

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
Seems like such an odd thing to do simply to play some Fifa...

I don't suppose they found a way to off load the points onto their own account...

Otherwise, I mean, what's the point besides being the worlds biggest cock?

drumguy818

Oct 12, 2011
see, this is why fanboys need to keep their mouths shut. 10 bucks this hacker/group of hackers were PS3 fans who got pissed at the Xbox fans making fun of the PSN hack and wanting to prove that Microsoft was just as vulnerable. Not trying to justify it at all, but you guys kinda had it coming, and I'm sorry for the Live users that didn't make fun of the PSN hack. I bet they're coming up with a way to make a full on network for the Wii just to hack it...