Xbox One Sells a Million Units In 24 Hours

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Gearhead mk2 said:
Please be a falsified figure. Please be PR speak. Please be blatant lies. Please be anything other than the truth. After all the horrible, stupid, anti-consumer stuff MS has said and done, how could they have day-one sales like this?!
Because consumers, especially game consumers, are also anti-consumer.

They just want new shinies.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
FalloutJack said:
canadamus_prime said:
I'm disappointed. I wanted to see this thing crash and burn.
They had to make SOME business. Not everyone reads the news, sites, blogs, etc.

Now, we get to see what a million people THINK of the machine, a true test of its mettle.
Yeah I know. There will always be those idiots who'll gladly take a spiky pole up the ass as long as they get to play Call of Duty or Kill Zone or whatever. I was just kinda hoping that there'd be enough people out there willing to put aside their instant gratification in order to stick it to Microsoft.

search_rip

Jan 6, 2009
what I'd want to know is how many % of those Xbones are defective? and yeah, they had to add the sales of 13 countries to match PS4 sales

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I honestly would have been more surprised if it didn't do just as well. Most people hold the systems themselves in equal regard. I mean, if I were looking at which one to buy based on launch lineup... Xbone would have have gotten my money, if for no other reason than I would love to play Dead Rising 3. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to see this thing crash and burn as much as the next guy because of all that PR bullshit they pulled. A part of me always knew that would never happen though.

Quantum Glass

Mar 19, 2013
Baresark said:
I honestly would have been more surprised if it didn't do just as well. Most people hold the systems themselves in equal regard. I mean, if I were looking at which one to buy based on launch lineup... Xbone would have have gotten my money, if for no other reason than I would love to play Dead Rising 3. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to see this thing crash and burn as much as the next guy because of all that PR bullshit they pulled. A part of me always knew that would never happen though.
Wait, why do we want it to crash and burn again?

I get that their policies when Xbox One was first announced were pretty undesirable, but from what I can tell they've changed most of them at this point.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Quantum Glass said:
Baresark said:

I get that their policies when Xbox One was first announced were pretty undesirable, but from what I can tell they've changed most of them at this point.
I'm with you. A small imp in my brain wants to see the destruction of companies that are that douchey... but then again, they did change their policies. I'm kind of over it. As I said: when it comes to launch of either system based on games, I would have bought an XBox One.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Quantum Glass said:
Baresark said:

It's the principle! They hurt my feelings and I want them to fail! It's mainly things like that. It's in part because of the DRM thing, but it's also because of the way they acted towards those who didn't like it. Telling people who were concerned abot the DRM to buy an Xbox 360, saying people who don't have a stable internet connection to "deal with it", the refusal to confirm any details. Personally I want this console to be successful, but their PR has turned me off getting it for myself.

OT: Oh, so my prediction that they would do well seems to be more accurate than all those saying it would crash and burn. I'm quite happy to see it selling this much if only to shut those people up.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
There was about 20 people at the midnight launch I went to and most of those people got there within the last half an hour until midnight. I think it's good that people are buying it, it means more games and hopefully better games for all of us.

I'm also loving my xbox one so far, the kinect controls are a little iffy at the moment but still functional and everything else seems to be working properly. It will just take some time to get used to the different layout and controls.

misg

Apr 13, 2013
Frankly I'm impressed with some of the things I'm seeing Microsoft doing with the xbox1. I think many casual guys that watch lots of sports will really enjoy having an xbox1. Being a gamer in my 30's I'm seeing friends entering their 40's that just aren't hardcore any more but still enjoy the odd game I think this group will be along with a younger and causal crowd will enjoy the xbox1.

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
thebobmaster said:
chippa6 said:
my questions is

since the PS4 is only in North America.
Is this Xbox figure in North America alone or in all the countries it launched in?
Good catch! No, seriously, good catch. I looked it up, and it appears that is 1 million worldwide, which means the Xbox One, despite launching in several more countries, only managed to tie the North American launch for the PS4. I think that makes the PS4 the more successful of the two by a fair margin, personally.
Thank you sir for the info. I tip my hat to you.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Gearhead mk2 said:
Please be a falsified figure. Please be PR speak. Please be blatant lies. Please be anything other than the truth. After all the horrible, stupid, anti-consumer stuff MS has said and done, how could they have day-one sales like this?!
Easy, by having what is, at the end of the day, a product that is not overly dissimilar from its competition.

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
Eh, looks like both companies will be selling as many as they can build for a little while. It'll be more interesting to get same-market comparisons a year from now.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
That doesn't surprise me. The internet is often very loud, and can become very one-sided on certain issues, but I've seen it countless times where it turns out that the world outside of the internet doesn't, surprisingly, follow the same thinking as the internet. I know a lot of people who were super excited for the Xbox One launch, and with something this big, there was no way that everyone shared the same feelings as the apparent majority of people shouting on the internet.

I'm personally still waiting for either system to have a game library I'm excited to play before getting either one.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
So, the Xbone made 1 million sales in 13 countries vs PS4's USA...hmmm.
I wonder how much of that was in the USA.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
well, there's always the small consolidation that it took the XBone 13 countrys to hit the same mark the PS4 did in 2, but if thats not enough for you.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Lunar Templar said:
canadamus_prime said:
well, there's always the small consolidation that it took the XBone 13 countrys to hit the same mark the PS4 did in 2, but if thats not enough for you.

Small consolation, but consolation none the less.

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
So let me see if I got this straight, PS4 has only sold in two countries while Microsoft has opened the pipes for thirteen. Two of them were the US and Canada so that leaves the following thirteen eleven with the following dates:

Australia (Nov. 29)
Austria (Nov. 29)
Brazil (Nov. 29)
France (Nov. 29)
Germany (Nov. 29)
Ireland (Nov. 29)
Italy (Nov. 29)
Mexico (Nov. 29)
Spain (Nov. 29)
United Kingdom (Nov. 29)
New Zealand (Nov. 29)

Something tells me November 29th will be an interesting date.

thepyrethatburns

Sep 22, 2010
Gearhead mk2 said:
Pick your reason:

1) Because, after bending gamers over the table with the PS3 and attempting to do so with the PSP Go, the Xbone doesn't look any worse.

2) Nintendo is the only one that has shown any consumer respect in the last generation but who in their right mind is going to buy a Wii U?

3) By the end of this console generation, both Sony and Microsoft will be download-only with the possible exception of the big games such as God of War/Gears of War. After the two have an established base, it will start slowly: Niche games then niche genres. With the possible exception of Nintendo, you're all going to have the Sony/Microsoft equivalent of Steam playing on your form factor PCs. Thus, it is hard to condemn people from jumping on the bandwagon now.

4) Because people have this bizarre love for FPS games that feature aim assist.