Xbox One's Launch Titles Include Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Reyalsfeihc said:
In terms of the article, this is possibly the worst-written article I've ever seen. It's so biased and poorly phrased it could easily be a blog post. *sigh*

And to those mocking the post launch releases, there are a lot of exclusives, they just happen to also come out on PC. If you look at the PS4's exclusive lineup for launch and the first few months, half are indie or free to play that are already on PC.

For the best comparison of games (granted there are a few missing) I'd look at this infographic
Hey, thanks for the input. I appreciate all manner of constructive criticism. That's a really helpful infographic, thank you for that.

Vivid Kazumi

Jan 7, 2012
Reyalsfeihc said:
In terms of the article, this is possibly the worst-written article I've ever seen. It's so biased and poorly phrased it could easily be a blog post. *sigh*

And to those mocking the post launch releases, there are a lot of exclusives, they just happen to also come out on PC. If you look at the PS4's exclusive lineup for launch and the first few months, half are indie or free to play that are already on PC.

For the best comparison of games (granted there are a few missing) I'd look at this infographic
some one who isn't acting like a complete fanboy on this website.ZOMG SOMEBODY PINCH ME

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Reyalsfeihc said:

I can safely say that the only exclusive on those lists (in any real capacity) that I care about is Infamous 3. The vast majority of the others, I'm not too concerned about.

On the XBox side, there are some less than stellar exclusives. Like Ryse, a game that is terrified you will actually try to play it. And Dead Rising 3, which has forgotten what what good about Dead Rising to begin with.

Waiting for more information on games like The Order, before I make any real judgements. So far, I can safely say that my decision has been made.

Honestly, most of the games I care about are Cross platform. Destiny, Kingdom Hearts 3, and maybe FFXV being some of the notable ones.

OT: I'm actually surprised by the number of games at launch. That should be a notch in their belt, though, I am curious as about concrete dates and PS4's launch titles.

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
Battlefield 4 - FPS not too interested
Call of Duty: Ghosts - ditto
Dead Rising 3 - Worth giving a try
FIFA 14 - Sports, meh
Forza Motorsport 5 - driving semi-meh
LocoCycle - never heard of it
Madden NFL 25 - Sports again
Killer Instinct - Revamp of old fighter, nice for nostalgia sake.
Kinect Sports Rivals - Again the dreaded S word
Ryse: Son of Rome - God of War, Roman version. Nothing wrong with that, but just saying the closest thing to it.
Skylanders: Swap Force - Skylanders is that Spyro dragon game I seen
Watch Dogs - Very awesome.

For the most part I'm not overly excited with what I see. I have yet to completely dismiss Xbox One, but it's not exactly drawing me in. Until I see the PS4 line up I won't know if I'm truly in the PS4 camp either. My PC is still more than capable of picking up some of those E3 titles.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
The ps4 launch line is rumoured to be this if anyone wanted to know with the same amount of exclusives as I can see.
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts
DC Universe Online
DriveClub
FIFA 14
Just Dance 2014
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Madden NFL 25
NBA 2K14
NBA Live 14
PlanetSide 2
Skylanders: Swap Force
Warframe
Watch Dogs

Vivid Kazumi

Jan 7, 2012
CriticKitten said:
Vivid Kazumi said:
some one who isn't acting like a complete fanboy on this website.ZOMG SOMEBODY PINCH ME
Again with the misuse of words. People, if you're not going to bother looking for the meaning of a term, don't use it. You don't sound "cool" or "edgy" using words incorrectly.

You don't mean "fanboy", as that would imply that everyone is fawning over something for no good reason. It is impossible to be a "fanboy" of something that you are expressing distaste for, unless you're implying that every single person who speaks ill of the console is a "fanboy" of Nintendo or Sony (which would make you look ridiculous). The word you're looking for is "hater", which is the opposite.

Although it, too, is also incorrectly used in this case. Because not only is the hatred of the Xbone completely justified in a great many ways, it's entirely reasonable for someone to look at this list and give a decided "meh". There is really nothing on that list that would help sell a new console, you must realize this.

Look at the Xbox 360 as a point of comparison: It had 18 titles at launch (the Xbone has 12), 8 of which were exclusive to the console and 3 of which were only on either the 360 or the PC (the Xbone has 5 and 1 such titles, respectively). So in terms of sheer quantity, it's worse than the 360.

And the 360 launched with multiple genres represented: it had multiple shooters (CoD 2 and Perfect Dark Zero), multiple racing games (PGR3 and Ridge Racer 6), several sports titles, and even an action-adventure title and a shitty movie-licensed game. And it wasn't long before other big titles came out to beef up its roster. The Xbone will be launching with a generally weaker lineup, still having shooters covered but leaving other areas missing or absent. Their biggest launch titles are all multi-platform, which was NOT the case on the 360, and the "launch window titles" are almost entirely multi-platform as well. That means that the Xbone boasts relatively few big titles that its competitors don't also have.

Even by comparison to its predecessor, it's a relatively bad list. But I guess I'm a "fanboy" for stating facts now, eh?
why did you feel that i'm aiming that comment at you?They're is many example's of fanboyism that have been shown on this website and you're not one of them.calm yourself man.

Tanner The Monotone

I'm Tired. What else is new?
Aug 25, 2010
luvd1 said:
The ps4 launch line is rumoured to be this if anyone wanted to know with the same amount of exclusives as I can see.
Battlefield 4
DC Universe Online
DriveClub
FIFA 14
Just Dance 2014
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Madden NFL 25
NBA 2K14
NBA Live 14
PlanetSide 2
Warframe
Watch Dogs
If this is true, then it isn't really any better than the xbox's line up. Neither one is doing much for me.

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
luvd1 said:
Battlefield 4
DC Universe Online
DriveClub
FIFA 14
Just Dance 2014
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Madden NFL 25
NBA 2K14
NBA Live 14
PlanetSide 2
Warframe
Watch Dogs
I thought Assassin's Creed would be on both, why would Xbox fail to put that in it's launch as well? Seems like a pretty solid game to have available. I really miss RPGs.

BartyMae

Apr 20, 2012
Isn't "licence" the noun and "license" the verb? i.e. shouldn't it be "[...]you'll be able to license from Microsoft."? American English doesn't recognize licence at all, I don't think, but British, on the other hand...

wulfy42

Jan 29, 2009
Neither system has great exclusives at launch in my opinion. If the Fantasia version on Xbox One is significantly better then the 360..that MIGHT be something I would be interested in...but it's not enough to buy the system.

There are some great multiplatform games though like Kingdom hearts 3 (surprised it's not a Ps4 exlusive)....that I'll totally want...so that means I would need to buy one system or the other.

Since one of the two systems costs 100$ less, seems like it has better stats over all, gives em free games for the cost of getting multiplayer (Which I'd have to pay for either system)...and is much more likely to have RPG and Platform (ratchet and clank) exlusives that I'll want later on.....I'm gonna go with the Ps4.

I'll probably hold off till Kingdom hearts 3 comes out thought to be honest. I don't see anything else that really jumps out at me and makes me want to blow $400 even for the Ps4. All this money they spend to upgrade systems etc....and they don't have many games come out with them on release. I still think we don't need new systems yet.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
Tanner The Monotone said:
luvd1 said:
Battlefield 4
DC Universe Online
DriveClub
FIFA 14
Just Dance 2014
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Madden NFL 25
NBA 2K14
NBA Live 14
PlanetSide 2
Warframe
Watch Dogs
If this is true, then it isn't really any better than the xbox's line up. Neither one is doing much for me.
True. Launch titles usually are weak though. I'm having trouble trying to think of a good launch game other then Halo... Perhaps resistance the fall of man but other then those two I'm struggling.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Reyalsfeihc said:
Sadly this is becoming more and more common. There is almost zero objectivity or simple "reporting". Everyone has to throw out something snide, acerbic, or "witty" instead of just getting out the information. I've almost stopped reading Escapist articles about the Xbox because it seems more like a forum thread (or like you suggest, a blog). It was only curiosity about the launch lineup that brought me to this thread.

No offense to the poster of the article. It's just the state of the enthusiast press these days. If I were trying to make a name for myself in such a crowded field, I can't say I'd do any better. And I appreciate the "Thanks for the criticism" reply to this same post I quoted. That shows some class on their part. Though I'd still rather have my news the way Joe Friday would have wanted it. "Just the facts".

Reyalsfeihc

Jun 12, 2010
Steven Bogos said:
Reyalsfeihc said:

Hey, thanks for the input. I appreciate all manner of constructive criticism. That's a really helpful infographic, thank you for that.
Heh, you're welcome. Although it wasn't very constructive.

I apologize for so much vitriol in such a short post, but it's been increasingly aggravating the amount of Xbox One hatred being openly thrown around for most times no apparent reason. In fact, I've had to escape to new sites to outrun biases and find meaningful discussion. (Polygon being one of them, Destructoid somewhat, and surprisingly pure tech sites like Ars Technica and Engadget have been quite enjoyable to discuss the 8th Generation.

If you really want to improve your writing, or at least gain a solid fanbase right now, try your best to be nonpartisan up through the console launch. It's so easy to capitalize on the anger from the more vocal gaming community and to capitalize on it. You may not gain as many fans as you would with witty remarks, but the people who do follow you will be extremely loyal if you're careful with your biases and do well playing devil's advocate, even if it seems stupid to do so.

Spark meaningful discussion, not nerdrage! :D

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Reyalsfeihc said:
No problem! I will certainly look to that in the future. To be honest, i was actually a bit of an Xbox fanboy myself, having owned a 360 in the past, yet a lot of these new policies are just hitting me over and over in the wrong places. For starters, my country of residence (Japan) isn't even one of the 21 included in the launch, so i'm a bit bitter and it may have shown in my writing.

seditary

Aug 17, 2008
How the hell are Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct and Ryse heavy hitting exclusives?

lol

b.w.irenicus

Apr 16, 2013
Well to be fair, no console ever had a decent Launch Line-Up and it probably won't be different with the PS4. The PS3 sucked balls the first 1-2 years, the PS2 didn't impress at first as well. Thats just the way it goes (and a reason why I still dare to count on the WiiU getting better games).

Octorok

May 28, 2009
I would be sad about the loss of Dead Rising 3, but it looks like they killed the series. Which does indeed upset me, but it means that I lose absolutely nothing by staying with my PC.

Related note - Who the fuck decided Dead Rising needed a brown, gritty redesign? Dead Rising 2 solid in the millions. Sure, it had its niche, but it was basically unique in the Western AAA landscape. I'm getting sick of people doing this.

Also "The list is nothing to scoff at, bringing heavy hitting exclusives like... Ryse: Son of Rome"? Really? I thought we couldn't give a toss about Ryse: Son of Rome (Stupid name, by the way)?