Xbox President Don Mattrick Leaving For Zynga - UPDATED

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
No one on here seems to be even vaguely aware of what's gone on here. A senior exec has taken a better position at a different company? Big whoop, most of the comments being made are irrelevant or completely wrong. He's the reason Microsoft are "sinking"? He's really not, and they're really not.

The guy has a very good CV, and is a competent executive. This dude helped run the show (business side) through the years of the 360 - one of the most successful products that Microsoft has produced. As CEO of Zynga, his job will be to oversee CTO, COO, CFO etc, and to keep the business profitable in the future. What the Zynga product actually is, is somewhat irrelevant. He has significant working knowledge of the marketplace, and can turn a profit in it. Good luck to him, few people in this world get to make CEO of anything.

What he wasn't was solely responsible for the XBone, and while he undoubtedly had input into the product, the mistakes were made with clear business intentions. After the debacle of the XBone, he wasn't going to be progressing up the Microsoft ladder anymore, so he moved to a company that is all about games (even if they are games that people on here don't like and choose to belittle).

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
I guess he figures all the middle aged women that play zynga games aren't internet savvy enough to rally against him.

Steve Waltz

May 16, 2012
Who better to lead Zynga than a man with a black heart? Zynga is an evil company. I see now, when they fired those 500 people a few months ago, that was just them firing the employees that actually cared about their consumers. My mom tells me all the stuff she has to put up with while playing Farmville. When my mom started playing Farmville I said "Welcome to video games." When she started getting frustrated at Zynga I also had to say "Welcome to video games."