XCOM 2's been delayed; what're you gonna be playing instead until 2016?

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
gmaverick019 said:
what the hell does your computer run on, hamster wheels and rocks? You either got severely ripped off last time you bought your computer or that thing is ancient.

For the love of god...upgrade immediately, your body is ready.
In my defense, I bought just a cheap internet connecting machine from Best Buy probably three years ago now (with zero intent to game on it). It wasn't exactly top of the line then, let alone now. I think if I just get one of those graphic card thingies that all you PC kids use nowadays that I might have what I need to run those new fangled video games on it but alas, I just haven't looked into it.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
I'm a bit heartbroken about the XCOM 2 delay as I was REALLY looking forward to it, but there's a glut of games this fall and I'm sure I'll survive. Bumps the re-masters of Wasteland 2 and Divinity: Original Sin up from "might play" to "will probably play", makes it infinitely more likely I'll grab Fallout 4 at launch, and pushed Blood Bowl 2 from a "will probably buy" to a pre-order, because I need my turn based strategy itch.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
tippy2k2 said:
mysecondlife said:
tippy2k2 said:
Yah!

Sorry PC peeps but that just gives me a longer time period to gather the money to play my most favorite game ever from last generation. 2K ripped that series away from my console hands (which I certainly don't blame them for but still D:) so now I need to figure out how I can make this computer I'm on become a XCOM 2 machine...
I don't know what computer you have but I don't think XCOM 2 would be too hardware demanding to run.. XCOM plays on ipad doesn't it?
Then iPads are more powerful than my computer because the XCOM wouldn't even get to the Title Screen on my computer before crashing

:,(
Well, take your time with the research and know that it's nothing to be overwhelmed about.

ZeroFarks

Nov 30, 2012
Going to go rewatch that horrible 1980's series "V the Visitors" ... just like the Firaxis team was when they came up with X-COM2.

Maybe I'll even sit through the even more horrible remake they did back in 2009. Depends on how much pepto I've got left.

Also, as part of my quest to be the most offensive person possible, I will name my XCOM2 mother ship "Al Queda."

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
erttheking said:
Kawaii no desu snip
Don't forget the bikini fun-time filler episode *immediately* after you uncover Not-Auschwitz. Oh and speaking of the anime Holocaust, I thought the ruthless extermination of the Darcsen subhumans was incredibly family-friendly: no offensive terms for them worse then "Dark hair!", villainish Not-SS Imperial squads cackling while they hunt them down only for Squad 7 to save the day and even a semi-serious tragedy at the concentration camps was overlaid by STEVE BLUM giving a PBS kiddie show speech about why diversity is great. I seriously enjoyed Valkyria Chronicles - surprisingly enough, considering I regard anime with disdainful mockery - but they couldn't help themselves from laying on the tropes.

OT

Why, Fallout 4 of course! And Phantom Pain and inevitably BLOPs 3 as well, as I succumb to temptation even though I fully expect it's single-player to be too lacklustre to repeat and will barely touch the online.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
NephilimNexus said:
Also, as part of my quest to be the most offensive person possible, I will name my XCOM2 mother ship "Al Queda."
I intend for my soldiers to martyr themselves with explosives while shouting "HUMANITY IS GREAT AND THERE IS NO EARTH BUT OURS!" should they ever become trapped by the filthy xenos scum.

Excluding the sexy Vipers of course.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Probably the pile of custom runs in Shadowrun Returns, Dragonfall and replay Hong Kong a few times once the last few missions stop being bugged for me.

Dragonlayer said:
NephilimNexus said:
I intend for my soldiers to martyr themselves with explosives while shouting "HUMANITY IS GREAT AND THERE IS NO EARTH BUT OURS!" should they ever become trapped by the filthy xenos scum.

Excluding the sexy Vipers of course.
I can go one better, Name my ship the 'Rivers of blood' and repeatedly denounce the invasion of the Xenos and the genocide of the native race by their policies and propaganda.