Yahtzee of Zero Punctuation is Joining The Escapist Full Time!

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Holy SHITBALLS!!!!!
I am not sure if this is the most amazing thing ever, or the prelude to something super bad...
"The cynic that *is* me..." ;)

Go go Gadget magic bullet that fixes everything!!

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
So the Escapist is officially Planet Yahtzee now?

I mean, I like his work, sure, but the escapist is putting all their eggs in one basket with this.

Also, I haven't watched his "Let's drown out" series in a while but what's this about him moving?

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Deathfish15 said:
No surprise, they've gotten rid of everyone and everything else. Yahzee is the only one bringing readers to this site anymore. ....rather pathetic.
I come here very day for Erin Dies Alone and to keep up with gaming current events. Sometimes on Wednesdays I watch Zero Punctuation. And sometimes on Mondays I watch old Judging by the Cover. I like Yahtzee, but he honestly isn't the big draw for me.

I'd love to see another WebComic contest to put more original content on the site from us slathering idiots. Grey and Cory were an absolute master stroke. It's been six years and Critical Miss is still going. But no additional contests?

Silent Protagonist

Aug 29, 2012
Dalisclock said:
So the Escapist is officially Planet Yahtzee now?

I mean, I like his work, sure, but the escapist is putting all their eggs in one basket with this.

Also, I haven't watched his "Let's drown out" series in a while but what's this about him moving?
He is moving from Australia to the US. Supposedly at least in part because he met a nice girl who lives here. As such he will no longer be able to do "let's drown out" with his friend Gabriel and it is still unclear what, if anything, his youtube channel will be used for.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
At least this means he won't have to deal with Australia's bonkers game pricing anymore. As for what this means for The Escapist, I can only hope this is the start of a smart restructuring - the site badly needs additional content.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Travis Fischer said:
The Enquirer said:
Wait, he wasn't already? Huh.
That's my reaction too. I've always seen The Escapist as "The Zero Punctuation site that also has other stuff."
Gotta toss my hat in this reaction too. Between weekly videos and a column, I figure his week was full of content. I mean, he has to actually PLAY the games for more than a couple hours to get a full response to them outside a First Impression.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Yahtzee is pretty much the only thing that remains of the good old Escapist. It's good that he's not going anywhere.

Remember when The Escapist had all that awesome and unique content? Remember the hilarious animated shows like Apocalypse Lane and Doralingus and Associates?

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
Didn't he move because of a love-interest? Again? :^)

Switching continents only to find out that it wasn't worth it and that now you have to live with terrible spiders. Even in the US, there are terrible spiders compared to GB.

LTenhet

Jun 26, 2012
Naldan said:

Switching continents only to find out that it wasn't worth it and that now you have to live with terrible spiders. Even in the US, there are terrible spiders compared to GB.
To be fair, Austrailia has more than spiders; everything is poisonous or venomous and wants humans for brunch. The continent is clearly a Deathworld, and now he finally has an excuse to flee.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Naldan said:
Well, if he moves somewhere northern, winter will help to kill off the spiders before they can get too big. But then he'd have to deal with idiots on the roads who seemingly forget how to drive in the snow year after year after year after year after year AFTER YEAR AFTER- [small]*tranquilizer dart*[/small] -oh hey surprise naptime [small]*thud*[/small]

man-man

Jan 21, 2008
+1 for "The Escapist isn't just the Yahtzee site?"

I mean, I used to skim the headlines and there used to be other regulars I enjoyed, but then they all got fired.

So at some point along the way I switched my RSS reader to only check for new (Zero|Extra) Punctuation posts.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
But won't his rowdy attitude get in the way of all the ad-articles and corporate d**k sucking?

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
LTenhet said:
Naldan said:

To be fair, Austrailia has more than spiders; everything is poisonous or venomous and wants humans for brunch. The continent is clearly a Deathworld, and now he finally has an excuse to flee.
As an Aussie I can and will blow this conspiracy theory, wide open. The 'everything will kill you myth' was designed to keep all them dirty foreign boat people out and leave the rest of Australia for the glorious master race... of PC gamers.
But in all honesty it is funny to hear people from other country's roll this out, especially the US with their mountain lions, bears, killer bees, lime disease carrying ticks, firearm centric culture and Donald Trump!

Although I must say it's a sad day in Oz to see him go, one of the things that drew me to Yahtzee is that he was based here. Most personalitys I watch are either based mainly in the states or Europe, so I always seem to know more about what's happening oversees then locally.

Either way here's hoping we can see a collaboration with Ol' fellow ex-pat (god praise him) Jim, now that their time zones are more in sync.