Yahtzee of Zero Punctuation is Joining The Escapist Full Time!

RonHiler

Sep 16, 2004
Fox12 said:
So they made him the captain of a sinking ship? Well, maybe he'll stitch the holes with band-aids and everything will be fiiiine.

Hey, if all the old timers get banned or leave, and the Escapist gets a flood of new members, does that mean... I get to be an old timer :O
That is what that means, yes :)

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Daystar Clarion said:
Oh man, the Escapist is being relevant?

What's this?

*picks up phone*

Two years ago called...
I really think these Extra Credits guys are going places.

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
Fox12 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Oh man, the Escapist is being relevant?

What's this?

*picks up phone*

Two years ago called...
I really think these Extra Credits guys are going places.
Nah, those guys are total History now. :p

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Few thoughts...
-I didn't ask for this just so you know.
-Wait... wasn't he already a full-time?
-That's cool. I know some value his opinions.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Good for Yahtzee, finally a member of the Escapist staff. What was he before? Maybe he can lure some of the other guys back, like Jim Sterling, LoadingReadyRun, the guys who did No Right Answer, and Lisa.
Jorpho said:
CyanCat47 said:
It has been increasingly "The Zero Punctuation site that also has other stuff some times". I love the other content creators on the escapist, but there are almost none of them left. Once upon a time the escapist was a hub of great minds, like the great library of alexandria. Much like the great library however, it has been declining into a shadow of its former self.
Verily, this is just the start of the countdown before Yahtzee is unceremoniously given the axe for some baffling reason, and Zero Punctuation is no more ? after which The Escapist will go the way of 1Up and Gamespy and so many other sites before it.

Oh well. It was a good run.
Wow, I feel old. I forgot about those things until you mentioned them by name.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
While I am gravely disappointed that Yatzhee will no longer indulge in his rampant homosexuality with Gabriel "FAT" Morton, I am pleased to read an Escapist article where staff are being *added* for a change.

M0rp43vs

Most Refined Escapist
Jul 4, 2008
Worgen said:
Aerosteam said:
Ugh, dammit, i was just going to say something like this but you beat me too it.

Someone go get Yahtzee this in celebration for moving to the states.
Dammit, now I remember we're never gonna get a let's drown out of Yahtzee in Equestria. So many wasted potential.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
M0rp43vs said:
Worgen said:
Aerosteam said:
Ugh, dammit, i was just going to say something like this but you beat me too it.

Someone go get Yahtzee this in celebration for moving to the states.
Dammit, now I remember we're never gonna get a let's drown out of Yahtzee in Equestria. So many wasted potential.
Don't worry, there is still fanfiction of it.

https://fimfetch.net/story/18736/zero-punctuation-equestria

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
MrHide-Patten said:
LTenhet said:
Naldan said:
Didn't he move because of a love-interest? Again? :^)

Switching continents only to find out that it wasn't worth it and that now you have to live with terrible spiders. Even in the US, there are terrible spiders compared to GB.
To be fair, Austrailia has more than spiders; everything is poisonous or venomous and wants humans for brunch. The continent is clearly a Deathworld, and now he finally has an excuse to flee.
As an Aussie I can and will blow this conspiracy theory, wide open. The 'everything will kill you myth' was designed to keep all them dirty foreign boat people out and leave the rest of Australia for the glorious master race... of PC gamers.
But in all honesty it is funny to hear people from other country's roll this out, especially the US with their mountain lions, bears, killer bees, lime disease carrying ticks, firearm centric culture and Donald Trump!

Although I must say it's a sad day in Oz to see him go, one of the things that drew me to Yahtzee is that he was based here. Most personalitys I watch are either based mainly in the states or Europe, so I always seem to know more about what's happening oversees then locally.

Either way here's hoping we can see a collaboration with Ol' fellow ex-pat (god praise him) Jim, now that their time zones are more in sync.
Yeah, it always amuses me too. I mean, to some extent seeing as I live in the more urbanised areas, rather than Darwin or Alice Springs or something it makes sense not to see too much of the dangerous wildlife. We do have a lot, but most of it is out in the outback. Main thing to worry about in suburbia is the occasional snake, Redbacks [Little fuckers are everywhere when you live near a nature reserve >.>] and if you're in Sydney very rarely a Funnel Web.
Oh, and sharks if you go to some of the beaches known for having sharks.

We've got a lot of stuff that can kill you here, but we tend to stick far away from it. Hearing about big mammals like Bears or Lions or Tigers and stuff, or about diseases like Rabies actually being common, and stray animals being a thing... I don't think we're the dangerous country. Some places in this world are crazy.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
The video player has view counters now and i realized just how small the userbase on the escapist are. Like, yatzees youtube videos on his channel that noone seems to know exists gets more views and all he does is ramble a podcast with some gameplay in the background. Im always glad to see more Yatzee content but is this really the way to save the website? Well at least Yatzee gets paid more now i suppose, so thats a win.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Well, I am pleased this means his paycheck is secure. He has held this place together recently, what with the drought of other content providers (outside of the twitch streams I don't follow).

Ooooh, does this mean Gabe gets a check now too? I can always use more funny Gabe and Yahtzee interactions.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
What I'm getting from this is that Yahtzee's contract was coming up for renewal, and so they decided to give him a permanent position. (And somehow this is newsworthy)