Yahtzee's Last Stand

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
a bit simple, it quickly became boring, but nice variation in enemies.

a bit puzzled that this won, but congratulation.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Is that the only entry? Or just the only entry we see?

Twas good, I have a few tweaks I would do though.

- Make the crosshair smaller, just seemed a bit big.

- Take off auto fire, game is too simple with it on, I spent the whole time leaving the mouse in the middle and running in circles just dodging things.

- Instructions could just be after you press start and be very simple with pictures of the buttons, I doubt most people will have clicked instructions then read the text box and clicked next to see how to do the power up move. A simple screen after pressing start would be better for control instruction, (like in Point Blank games).

- Leaderboard, no incentive to be playing through the repetitiveness.
I feel like a bastard, but yeah, that's my honest opinion.[hr]Who has died a charismatic Stallion? Is that the top one?

hamster mk 4

Apr 29, 2008
Congratulations, this is a fantastic game. More control over the refire rate would have been appreciated. I salute you.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
It took me 5 minutes to realise that the mouse controls where I shoot my stars.

Still kicked it's ass though, and the power up gets nifty when a wall of enemies is coming at you :D

Pretty damn fun.

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
A truly great cinematic game, that would of been much more compelling if there were things like rapid fire power ups as well as health ones. But still great, and I love that music.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
After playing it twice, here are my best results:

2990 total highscore
64 enemies killed
18x multiplier

This is definitely a fun little game that's challenging whilst also being curiously addictive. Gameplay is simple but fun and easy to pick up, the controls are extremely easy to understand, and assuming you know to keep moving it's a good game to try and beat your score each time. Something to keep coming back to. I enjoyed playing this immensely :D

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Eh, it was boring. Obviously very well done, and I like how each enemy has a different projectile, but I had to stop playing because I refused to die and wasn't having fun. Meh.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
THAT was the winner? Seriously? I'd hate to see what some of the rejected entries were. It was neat that every enemy had special attacks but it was repetitive and boring. It could really have done better if there were more interesting environments.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
I had fun with the game and I think that it does deserve to be the winner. Great job and I believe that it was compelling.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
It isn't loading for me. It keeps showing the credits scrolling up then flashing the start screen. Do I have to have something installed?