YAY! Lego!!!

spacepope22

Dec 4, 2009
I loved my Lego Millennium Falcon, until my brother threw it out our second story window. I never did find all the pieces.

Chunga the Great

Sep 12, 2010
ahh so many childhood memories. I remember I was always modifying vehicles from sets I bought and I made a commando squad that I still have. I made a ton of good models that I have on display in my room.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Alien Mole said:
Neonbob said:
That's the first I've heard of such a thing. Or maybe I'm just ignorant. Either way, SCREW WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY! Go get some more legos!
Hey, my ex-partner/best friend (whichever is more relevant in this case) even makes fun of me for playing video games and those have lovely, mature violence. I don't know what she'd say if I told her I was going to break out the Legos.

I would like to know though.

It's social experiment time!
Hehe. Break out the next tier of weapons! IGNORING THEIR INSULTS, AS THEY ARE CLEARLY A LESSER PERSON FOR NOT HAVING LEGOS XD

Do let us know what happens, though.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
I once (well actually twice, or maybe even thrice) made a giant Lego city that was to a much smaller scale than actual Lego people. The roads were only 1 square wide, which might give you a sense of how small it was. I know a lot of people did this too, but I began the city as a small stone age type settlement, and then every day I would upgrade it a little bit, as though years had passed. I took the city through the introduction of electricity and technology and through world wars and into the future. I can't remember how long I spent on the city but eventually it took up all the space behind my sofa. It seemed like I spent forever building and maintaining the city, but I could have only been building it for a week or a month (which could well have seemed like forever to my childish mind.

I've made many things with my Lego, like huge epic adventures that lasted for weeks and traveled all around my house, that I would continue every day but the building of the city is probably what stands out most in my memories...

If I ever have kids (Which I plan not to) or if I ever have nieces/nephews or friends kids or something, I hope I'll get a chance to see some of the stuff they make with Lego.

JezebelinHell

Dec 9, 2010
I have a complete pirate ship and a castle from the 90s with the boxes and instructions, plus some other small sets from the castle series. They are all packed away now but I used to have them displayed in my bedroom for a long time.
I think these are the ones I have:
http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6286-1
http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6082-1

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
Wondermint13 said:
Ok, so I just took out all my old Lego stuff so me and my step-daughter have something to play with this weekend, and OMG how the memories came flooding back to me! Castles and Pirates and multi-colored skyscrapers!!

So to all those who have or had lego, Please share your fondest memories, best creations and anything else you have about Lego.

I'm currently making Space Marines =D =D Will start the tanks tomorrow!
My two most memorable Lego moments were:

1) a 25 inches square tower that was four feet high. Considering I was 4 years old at the time and only about 3 feet tall, it was quite an accomplishment

2) a 36 foot square (roughly) villain base, complete with hangers, death rays, barracks, henchmen, and of course, half a dozen secret passageways

It's really a shame that neither one was photographed. :(

Other mentionable was a 3 foot long delta-shaped space ship called the "Caesaris" and what almost was a Titan walker (but I unfortunately ran out of joint bits. Damn those uber rare joint bits!)

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
I remember making a really kickass RV. That, and the fact that I was able to build about 70% of the lego models I ever bought or were gifted before I moved out from my parent's place.
I never managed to build either of the two trains I have. The old 9V direct conductor track ones, none of these RC ones.

Jewrean

Jun 27, 2010
When I was young, my two sisters and I would fill the lounge room with an entire city of it. We had the special boards for the roads, numerous intersections, plenty of houses, hospital, police station, petrol station, etc. After completing the city the girls would play a Barbie / Dolls kind of thing and pretend they were in a soap opera. They would make their characters go out on dates, go to work, and have emotional issues and shit. Meanwhile I was on the other side of town in a castle. Like a mad scientist I would be using my huge bag of technic Lego to make huge machines that would kill people like Catapults and Ballistas.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
I envy you guys and your old(ish) legos. I got stuck growing up with Rock Raiders. The old school pirate and knight sets appeal far more to me, not to mention they currently have excellent secondary market value. Some of the figs are worth upwards of $20 on their own.

*Insert kids from the 80's got all the cool stuff rant here*

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Lego was my childhood toy.

I loved Lego and still love it, from Lego StarWars to Bionicles.

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
I love legos as a kid. I still have them and I am always getting more. I've got my legos and I've got minecraft.

I'm happy.

LandoCristo

Apr 2, 2010
I actually got (At the age of 17) a set for Darth Vader's Prototype TIE Fighter for Christmas this year. Took me all of half an hour to build it. The year before I got the General Grievous model. Now THAT was fun.

MissDK

Jan 11, 2011
Well I am danish (and so is Lego) so Lego was pretty mush the ONLY toy I had when I was kid.. I still love it <3

P.s Lego means play well in danish..

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
Easy Street said:
Are you high?

I was never into Lego, although my brother was. I was more interested in exploring the woods around my house and building forts.
Yeah same here never really got into it that much

Aiedail256

Jan 21, 2011
IndianaJonny said:
Oh, LEGO how you teased us.

lol, this is why I sorted all my Lego bricks when I was like 12.

I loved the trains! One time, I built a track that ran around the edge of my room, and I used to always build a tiny circle track around our Christmas trees ^_^

I also loved the (1st gen) Bionicle. I have all the Toa and Toa Nuva, one of each Bohrok, and a couple more odds and ends from that series. I also took inspiration from the triple-fusion Toa and created a fusion of all 6 that is un-demolished to this day.

Finally, to anyone who has the 2-disc Monsters, Inc. DVD, I built a replica of Mike's New Car that I rediscovered only a couple months ago and was stunned by the accuracy. However, this was one of relatively few things I built from my own imagination. Still...ah, good times ^_^

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
My fondest memory was when I built a door of legos in front of my actual door so one someone tried to open my door they couldnt.

2ndblackjedi

Sep 12, 2008
I still play with Lego very often. I might be "too old" for it but screw that, I'll stop breaking ot the Lego when it stops being fun.

I wish I had more pieces though, ecspecially wheels. I never have enough wheels. Or joints. I tried to make my own Mech Robot when Exo-Force came out. It looked cool, but since I didn't have the right prts for the joints they were loose and I couldn't stand it up without buiding a stand for it.