Yes, Destiny 2 Is Already In Development

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
This news is over a year old. They've never been shy about mentioning Destiny being 3-4 games over 10 years.

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
Well good luck Bungie/Activision.
You have exactly 2 DLCs to draw me in by the story. If you aint manage it by then I won't purchase anything Destiny related ever again.

Lissie InCode

Nov 10, 2014
I really hated Destiny not for the game, but for the disappointment. That being said, it did inoculate me against thinking things Dinklebot are in will be good no matter what..

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
If it's a fully fleshed out stand alone single player title set within the Destiny universe, I'd be all for it. Despite the errors made in Destiny, it does have an interesting world and lore setup. Plus, the game is just damn solid to actually play.

If, however, it's a second MMO? No dice.

OManoghue

Dec 12, 2008
Aim for the sky Bungie/Activision, keep trying to get the coveted 7/10!
I'm sure you'll get there one day, keep going.

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
Yeah uhhh guys what was that about a 10 year development cycle with free content in it? Oh just sweeping that under the rug, ok...

I'm not really surprised but I'm very disappointing in Bungie, or whats left of it, lemme get this straight, you hype this game to hell to push pre-orders, release it knowing its just ok and not even close to what you promised, excuse that by saying "Oh don't worry we will be supporting the game for 10 years with free updates and new content its going to be awesome!" and now your turning around and saying "yeah.... Destiny didn't sell very well so onward to Destiny 2, don't worry guys! Destiny provided a really solid foundation that we can really build of of and make Destiny 2 amazing"

Just admit it, you and Activision are just trying to profit off of Bungies reputation and are milking their long times fans for as much money as you can get, I'd have a kernel of respect for you if you came out and said that, but you won't you'll just smile your plastic PR smile and feed all the fan's bullshit and then turn around and complain about "Gamers are way too picky can't they just be happy with what they have? we've worked so hard to make our games great and blah blah blah *PR BS* blah blah blah" or something to that effect

Well time to keep a running tally of all the companies I've boycotted and you've just made the list Bungie, and as for Activision I'm watching you, unless you do something amazingly pro-consumer before the next big controversy your on the list

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
Tsaba said:
Zhukov said:
Given the deafening "meh" that greeted Destiny, I'll be curious to see how a sequel sells.

I know it sold well, so maybe there's a bunch of people out there hankering for more. I'm interested to see if the unimpressed and negative feedback was just on the internet or indicative of the game's wider reception.
Maybe all they see are the numbers of the day 1 sales, I will not be making the mistake of getting the second one until after I hear the reviews.
There is no "maybe", all they look at is the sales numbers and show those to the investors. The problem is it sold well because of Bungie's good name and the hype they built up. The only question now is can they sucker in as many people again?

Personally Destiny will go down as my biggest disappointment in a long long time. I expected a lot better from such a good studio but...whatever happened behind the scenes...there was just too much missing content and features to excuse or keep me playing. If they are going to pull this crap then I see no reason to give them any more money because Destiny was a shameful display.

It's sad now I have to treat Bungie like THAT friend. You know the one who got stinking drunk and acted like a massive tit at a party. So now you try to avoid eye contact and cross to the other side of the street if you see them coming.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
People thinking Bungie meant 1 game supported for 10 years didn't read the original announcement apparently because the plan was an arc that lasted 10 years, not a single game.
That being said they'd better have some carryover from the first to the second or people are going to be awfully pissed.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
garjian said:
And yet there are so many great games, much more deserving of a sequel than this trollop, that have no chance at one.
I'll always be waiting for another Dragon's Dogma... <3

(I just learned that trollop basically means 'slut', which is weird because I've only ever heard it used to describe inanimate objects...)
Like "cow", "trout" and "sket" they are slightly humourous variations we Brits use for the word. Not usually meant to offend (much... hehe!). Well sket is a more recent urban one. Though i have never seen an inanimate object under such fire. What did the object ever do??
Ahh Dragons Dogma...i never thought about a sequel till now. What an excellent idea! Capcom??...

Oh right. Destiny. Ummm, is this going to be a reboot? Might as well go for the record holder.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Xsjadoblayde said:
Ahh Dragons Dogma...i never thought about a sequel till now. What an excellent idea! Capcom??...
Oh don't do that!
Capcom is terribly allergic to good ideas; EXCELLENT ideas could kill them!

Harry Mason

Mar 7, 2011
Holy shit, really? But Destiny was pants...

By the end of Halo's life, Bungie was close to jumping the shark. So after a hiatus to reevaluate, they decided to come roaring back on the scene and bravely... Jump the shark. And for their encore they've decided to jump the same shark again? ALL ABOARD THE TRAIN TO IRRELEVANCE-TOWN! TOOT TOOT!

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
*ahem* Fuck you Bungie and Activision *ahem* I think you can safely say I'm not in the queue for the second game! Especially not if you plan on only releasing a quarter of the game up front as you already did with the first game.