Y'know what? I LIKED IT DAMMIT!!!

Engarde

Jul 24, 2010
In the sense of the escapist community (I think) these are my oddities -

ME series was good but not great, the conversation wheel system is terrible, the paragade system is terrible, shepard is a boring bland wooden plank, not a character, and does not allow you to project since you are shoehorned into the paragade nonsense.

Didnt like cod4, liked cod3, bloops.

Play wow, loving it so far, good fun with my friends.

NOT excited for episode three. At all. Not really excited for portal two. Didnt find the appeal in the half life series.

Other M was grand, and Samus did not have a whiny annoying voice. I was glad to have any voice. And I loved it.

In general, I conform to non conformity.

That will do for now, I think. Feels....cathartic, I suppose.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Angelus SnV said:
because so many people have commented on this i feel the need to point out that i've already addressed my overuse of the apostrophe in my posts....please feel free to either get over it, or just ignore it as i've already said my peace on this with post #39 of th'forum, so please...GET OFF MY BACK ABOUT THIS!!!!
First, you sir are asking for trouble with your rant/unnecessary standing up for your liked things. Okay you like them so what do I care? I may or may not like the same things as you but thats my opinion and this is yours but if I don't force you to accept my opinion why should you?

Second, the last line of the above quote is also a very bad move.

EOD Tech

Dec 30, 2010
Kane and Lynch. All the haters are a) not skilled enough to play the game as it's meant to be played and b) not smart enough to understand that the game is an homage to Chinese noir shooters. Having said that, I'm on board with hating the sequel. It was beautiful but lacked all the cool things about the first game.

Wes Anderson movies. Never understood people who hate on him. I'm kind of turned off by his emphatic defense of the child rapist Roman Polanski, but as a filmmaker he's great.

M. Night Shyamalan movies. With the exception of his last one, they are all fantastic. Yes, even The Village and Lady in the Water. And Unbreakable is maybe in the top five movies ever made.

One thing on the original post's points...liking the "Twilight" series doesn't make you unique. They're insanely popular. That's like saying "I don't care what ANYbody says, dammit, I like ice cream!" I mean, I hate Twilight myself, but I can look around me and see I'm maybe the one person in America who does.

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
No_Remainders said:
I've got something I hate that people seem to love!

Inception. I have many reasons for this.

- Leonardo DiCaprio is, and always has been, an utter tool. He has never made a good movie, in my opinion. Titanic was boring and long-winded, Shutter Island was basically "They woke up and it was a dream", Catch Me If You Can was a jumbled mess, and the only good thing about The Departed was "Shipping Up To Boston" by Dropkick Murphys.

- The ending which EVERYONE knows by now, was entirely unnecessary. I'm sorry, but why couldn't they have wrapped it up instead of trying to be all deep and give the plot a few extra possibilities? It was just a terrible idea that was SOOOOO cliché.

- The movie idea in general was so iffy. Stealing/planting ideas from/into people's dreams? Seriously? No. Just plain ridiculous.

Oh, if you say "Oh, you obviously just didn't understand it hurr hurr derp!", no, fuck off, I understood perfectly what was going on, it was just overrated SHIT.
Would you have preferred "Shia LaBeouf gawking for two hours" or "Michael Cera plays an awkward teenager" or "OMGTERRORISTS"?
I'm glad they tried to be fresh with it, and personally think they succeeded.

OT: I liked The Force Unleashed(seems to be universally regarded as disappointing) and [Prototype] (often ignored/forgotten/hated)
I think Dead or Alive 4 is a competent and fun fighting game, and Halo 3 is the same thing for FPS'. Best of all, it's not all shit brown and gritty.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Iron Mal said:
My first question is why is the OP writing like he's an extra from Firefly?
Oh, god, that describes it perfectly! I'm going to have to reread the OP in Adam Baldwin's voice now. Jayne just never gets boring.

On topic: Y'know what MovieBob? I LIKED The Book of Eli, DAMMIT!

This was the first and so far the only time I've ever disagreed with one of his reviews. I don't get what his problem is with it. So what if it has a fairly straightforward plot? It's Denzel Washington getting his Mad Max on. For Jesus! His review almost sounds like the only reason he didn't like the movie was because it was about protecting the Bible. Which would be ridiculous, because there's no way that a guy that knowledgeable about films, television, and other media should dislike a decent movie just because it revolves around a values system that differs from his own.

Whew, that was a lot of words. Sorry about that.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Dark Sup3rn0va said:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, has been one of my favorite shows for quite some time
-Angel, Of course this comes with Buffy.
I'm right with you here. Although, I liked Angel a good deal more than Buffy. It was more actiony, and less whiny.
Dark Sup3rn0va said:
I didn't like CoD 4
Hmmm... well, I disagree here, but whatever. To each hi-
Dark Sup3rn0va said:
And I absolutely despise, Nathan Fillion and Firefly. I don't know why but Nathan just irritates me and I also find Firefly an irritating show, I really don't see what the appeal is.
FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!

You are dead to me.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Angelus SnV said:
no oneder said:
Angelus SnV said:
The only thing I hate about you is your way to write stuff. What's with your way yo write "th'" instead of "the". It disgusts me. You're just making yourself look worse, you know. I mean, everybody's just gonna feel sorry for you.
Hate huh? So that's what you "hate about {me}"....

well for starters, welcome to th'forum...there's only been about 4 people that have pointed this out...and i've already said my peace so there y'go...

2nd-ly....i really got nothin'...wasn't looking for anybody's pity, but hey...gotcha t'write in m'forum didn't i? ;)
I read your explanation, and... I have decided to ignore it. I will continue to pretend that you are secretly Jayne Cobb. Every one of your posts now sounds like Adam Baldwin in my head, and it is too awesome to allow reality to screw it up.

JaffaFrost

May 29, 2010
Nile McMorrow said:
First, you sir are asking for trouble with your rant/unnecessary standing up for your liked things. Okay you like them so what do I care? I may or may not like the same things as you but thats my opinion and this is yours but if I don't force you to accept my opinion why should you?
He's not "forcing" his opinion on you. I'm pretty sure it wasn't directed at you. I may be mistaking. He's merely getting his opinion across, and it took balls, I mean Boy Bands? Really? =P Seems a bit pointless if you come in to this forum which you "don't care" for and post that. If you don't care, don't post.
yano... just my opinion.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
JaffaFrost said:
Nile McMorrow said:
He's not "forcing" his opinion on you. I'm pretty sure it wasn't directed at you. I may be mistaking. He's merely getting his opinion across, and it took balls, I mean Boy Bands? Really? =P Seems a bit pointless if you come in to this forum which you "don't care" for and post that. If you don't care, don't post.
yano... just my opinion.
Sry I didn't get my point properly across. I mean that the way in which he wrote his post made it sound like he was forcing his opinion on the reader, trying to get them to accept it. Whereas I'm trying to say he doesn't need to 'force' his opinion on us but mearly show he is steadfast in what he thinks. But like you, I do have to admit it must have taken some balls to write what he did and yet at the same time I must ask what did he wish to accomplish by enlightening everyone that he is unshakeable in his resolve on what he likes? He has mearly shown how anyone else would feel if they were truly dedicated to their opinion.

Off-Topic: Though I am a little peeved at how he uses capitals as a way of 'shouting' some his lines.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
I like the entire Hellraiser series. I'm willing to admit they sucked ass by the third installment, but they're all hilarious.

I also think that the first Twilight movie is one of the best comedies of the year, that bit in the forest where Edward says "this is what I am" cracked me up because I'd end up thinking of a different response every time. Although, I admit, it's at its funniest when you've got a bunch of friends with you who know how to riff, especially when you're in a cinema filled with people who take that shit seriously.

JaffaFrost

May 29, 2010
Nile McMorrow said:
Sry I didn't get my point properly across. I mean that the way in which he wrote his post made it sound like he was forcing his opinion on the reader, trying to get them to accept it. Whereas I'm trying to say he doesn't need to 'force' his opinion on us but mearly show he is steadfast in what he thinks. But like you, I do have to admit it must have taken some balls to write what he did and yet at the same time I must ask what did he wish to accomplish by enlightening everyone that he is unshakeable in his resolve on what he likes? He has mearly shown how anyone else would feel if they were truly dedicated to their opinion.

Off-Topic: Though I am a little peeved at how he uses capitals as a way of 'shouting' some his lines.
Oh, that makes more sense, I see where you're coming from. I get the shoving his opinions at us, but it's his opinions none the less... And there isn't really any discusion value in his thread, what are we supposed to discuss with this?

And the capitals piss me off as well ¬¬ I read them as shouting in my thoughts, gives me a sore head.

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
Angelus SnV said:
I'm not sure where i'm goin' with this, so we'll just see when i get there...i'm not even expecting anybody to respond to it so there y'go...

Y'know, i'm tired of all th'hate people are throwin' my way for some of th'things i'm into...i'm tired of having to defend myself....i mean sure, i like:

-The Star Wars Prequels: (my interest in the entire gorram saga was th'jedi order so forgive me for finding the trilogy that actually has more jedi in it appealing...)

-The Twilight Movies/books: (yes, i'm a straight male, and while i acknowledge that there are flaws (Meyer/Rice/whoever-the-hell-wrote-the-Vampire-Diaries bastardized the vampire myth...i remember when these guys were actually MONSTERS!!!), I do still find them somewhat enjoyable, and do look forward to seein' th'next couple films...

-Smallville: This one's the funniest on my list because i'm such a hardcore anti-Superman/pro-Batman fan...yet i found the show all kinds of entertaining, especially the later seasons when they introduced Green Arrow who is INFINATELY more interesting than Clark...and side-note, Michael Rosenbaum is THE GREATEST ON-SCREEN LEX LUTHOR EVER!!!

-The Matrix Films (yes, all 3 of them): I'm so tired of all the people that rant about "Oh, the first one was great but the 2nd and 3rd were SO HORRIBLE!"

-Linkin Park (and yes, i'm including "Minutes to Midnight" and "A Thousand Suns"): True, they don't sound like they used to; true, they're gettin' pretty politically-heavy in their material, but it hasn't stopped from being good/original music!!!

-Ke$ha: actually, i'm not sure if this one counts...though i'm a metalhead and have been for a very long time, i do find one out of every (perhaps) 572 pop-songs catchy...i actually think most of what Kesha does is horrible, but for some reason one of her songs in particular i just find catchy...can't explain it, but there y'go...i've also managed to find a few good ones out of:

-Kanye West (actually just th'one..."Stronger", and turns out my entire reason for likin' that one mostly had to do with the involvement of Daft Punk th'rest of what that man does i consider garbage)

-Boy bands in general (i'm not gonna list names, but if i'm bein' honest with myself, i've gotta say if you collect them all together, they've probably managed to squeeze out about 1 genuinely good song between each of 'em)

Oh...and on a side-note:

-Dick Grayson Batman > Bruce Wayne Batman: Yes, Bruce was the original. But original doesn't automatically mean better! Grayson has damn-near all the skills of Bruce, but isn't tormented at all times...HE ACTUALLY HAS FUN WITH IT!!!

Th'fact is, i'm not meanin' to step on anybody's toes, i'm not meanin' to offend, but as long as i'm bein' honest, i genuinely liked each of the things i just mentioned. I hate bein' in "fan circles" and bein' looked at like a gorram leper because i find something about these things appealing...i guess when ya get right down to it...

I LIKED 'EM DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is all.....

*Edit*

Ok...maybe not all...

because so many people have commented on this i feel the need to point out that i've already addressed my overuse of the apostrophe in my posts....please feel free to either get over it, or just ignore it as i've already said my peace on this with post #39 of th'forum, so please...GET OFF MY BACK ABOUT THIS!!!!

Woah...Who doesn't like SmallVille? That show kicks some ass. It's what got me into being a Superhero fan again.

I like most the stuff you like, if that is any consolation. Except for Twilight. I can't jump on that train. Especially after I was dumped because I wasn't enough like Edward. Bah!

Also, new Linkin Park album, is it worth my time to check it out?

OT: I like Red Faction, Romantic Comedies, and the TV show, " I love Money." Also, I am starting to like Miley Cyrus.

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
Polaris19 said:
Arisato-kun said:
So we post things we like that most people hate? Alright.
K-On: Call the anime shit if you want, I think it's freaking hilarious.
Dunno about that one. Maybe I missed a thread or something but it seems like a lot of people here (myself one of them) enjoy K-on!, or don't have an opinion of it.

But maybe I missed something, I usually do. I think it;s a great anime. Very excited for the movie.
A lot of elitist anime watchers call it moeshit. Cute girls being cute for the sake of being cute and selling Blu-Rays.

There's a ton of hate for it if you frequent communities that talk about anime. I love it and all the music from the show.