Yorkshire Pudding!

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
My mum is convinced that my brothers and I are getting fat, so each evening meal tends to be a repetitive, meatless (albeit sometimes tasty) dish. That's fine, but it extends to Sunday roasts. I literally cannot remember the last time I had a proper roast dinner (oh wait, it was Christmas) - each Sunday night I sob myself to sleep.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I'm actually having ribs tonight.
I guess my mum thinks that roast dinner is too much effort to cook for two people every week. Understandable.

StrixMaxima

Sep 8, 2008
There are some dishes I miss from my trip to England. Yorkshire Pudding is certainly not one of them.

Although, I must confess, real gravy (made from roast leftovers and vegetables) is delicious.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
TheDarkEricDraven said:
Crumpets? Gimmie! Yorkshire Pudding looks weird though. Very syrupy looking, and in America, we don't put syrup on meat.

kickassfrog said:
Also, on the subject of the food thing, americans do pies wrong- pies need gravy and meat, and are a main course. Not filled with fruit and served as desert.
http://donotblaspheme.ytmnd.com/

Never! I just had some white chocolate pie last night-Fantastic! Mmm, and coconut pie!
Syrupy!? Your misinformation and miscalculation amuses me so. It is the most savory, slightly crispy noms of delishus and no roast should go without one. Or suffer in the knowledge that YOU DID NOT HAVE ONE. Anguish will know no bounds.

Sweet shit does not belong on an English roast. Unless it's Christmas.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
See, this is what happens when you read too many Cracked articles, Daystar.

Oh, and the pudding looks pretty repulsive by the way.
Look at all that gravy. Urgh.

VaudevillianVeteran

No Comment Necessary.
Sep 19, 2009
Bah, we didn't have Sunday Roast today. I am now depressed, I've only recently got back into eating Roasts and I miss my Yorkshires.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
I just had two slices of toast with peanut butter. My first meal of the day. And it's 20:51. Damn you and your yorkshire pudding! [sub][sup][sub]And damn my patalogical hatred of cooking![/sub][/sup][/sub]

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
EdwardOrchard said:
Funny story: Growing up, I hated it every time my Mom made Yorkshire Pudding. Since I've moved out... I have had the most insane craving for it! I would slaughter universes to get some, but I can't find it anywhere. I'm not going to figure out how to make it, and none of the pubs around here serve it. I just tell my Mom that when I come home for the holidays every year, I NEED it.

Edit - Anybody in Calgary know anywhere that serves it?
Hey hey hey! I was going to comment on the pubs in Calgary!

Dixons pub in the south has a bigass puddin, and all of the pubs owned by the same company all have pretty much the same menu. http://www.calgarysbestpubs.com/

Bless the UK for pubs...

LuckyClover95

Jun 7, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:

Suck it, France

On rare occassions, the Yorkshire pudding has even been known to cradle entire meals in its warm, loving embrace.

This is what love feels like
YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS ARE THE FUCKING TITS, LIKE MY FAVOURITE FOOD EVER

CaptainTrilby

Jun 3, 2011
TheDarkEricDraven said:
Crumpets? Gimmie! Yorkshire Pudding looks weird though. Very syrupy looking, and in America, we don't put syrup on meat.
Syrup... SYRUP!

That my friends is NOT syrup. That magical brown liquid, the essential lubricant to any roast and the partner in crime to the Yorkshire Pud is GRAVY. Praise be to the God Bisto! May his gravy runneth over the cosmic Yorkshire Pudding in the sky!

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
VaudevillianVeteran said:
Bah, we didn't have Sunday Roast today. I am now depressed, I've only recently got back into eating Roasts and I miss my Yorkshires.
Your avatar... your title...

All I've got in my head now are chainsaw noises...(!) Care for some stress relief perchance?

LuckyClover95 said:
YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS ARE THE FUCKING TITS, LIKE MY FAVOURITE FOOD EVER
And now, those chainsaw noises are emanating from a woman wearing a bikini made out of Yorkshire puddings... now that's an image...(!)

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
Whateveralot said:
Daystar, say hi to Italy:

Now Lasagne, please be kind to dear mister Daystar
Delicious Sunday dinner. On top of some pasta dish tonight, there's also home-made macaroni and cheese. I call overload on pasta, but it's all delicious, so I can't complain.

VaudevillianVeteran

No Comment Necessary.
Sep 19, 2009
ultimateownage said:
I ate curry today.

I still love Yorkshire Pudding though. Not so much gravy.
Seconded on the curry and the gravy thing.

Maybe Sundays can be Roast/Curry day?

SckizoBoy said:
Your avatar... your title...

All I've got in my head now are chainsaw noises...(!) Care for some stress relief perchance?
*Giggles* Stress relief?~ *Revs up chainsa-*
*Chainsaw is replaced by scissors*
...No fair! >n<