You are a gladiator

DevilWithaHalo

Mar 22, 2011
If it's for purely entertainment value, I'd have to go melodramtically dark or festively amusing. Tonight I'm choosing melodramatically dark.

Stage Name: The Reaper.

Primary Weapon: Solid Steel Warhammer, preferably one which mimics the current design of claw hammers. Piercing and bludgoening options. Great for parrying and dulling bladed weapon, with options to trap weapons and disarm opponents.

Secondary/off hand: Crow bar. Similar options to the warhammer above, but great for pulling shields and protective armor off opponents.

No shield, the extra wieght would cause problems. It would also make enemies over confident.

Since you have to have a good get up, bright white clothing, with shreddable strings, to confuse opponents but insure I don't get caught on anything. The white would be disorienting and the strings distracting. But a face mask that is pure black in the face, shaping a skull. To strike fear into the hearts of my enemies and protect me from the suns glare.

Entrance music, something simple and fitting to the character...

<youtube=SXpnI52cLEc>

ComradeJim270

Nov 24, 2007
If not for your ranged weapon criteria I'd go with a flamethrower just for sheer intimidation. I really doubt there are many people who have the resolve to stand up to someone who is holding one and close enough to use it on them. Most would probably flee in terror and get behind something, but it wouldn't matter, because you don't need to have a line of sight to kill someone with this horrific weapon: there's a reason they were made to clear fortifications.

Anyway, I'd like a spear for my ranged weapon because I want as much room between me and the other guy as possible and its easy to use (I'd rather be cautious and alive than gung-ho and dead), or maybe a halberd if I got in better shape (three weapons for the price of one!) and a bowie knife for my backup: quick, lethal and something I actually know a bit about using.

Or if there's cover, a bandolier of frag grenades would work. Land it within fifty yards of someone and it can kill. Maybe mix some flashbangs in too, to go with the close-combat weapon.

My theme music would be something incredibly annoying and played at a deafening volume to disorient my opponents while I charge them with a spear. I would wear those rock concert earplugs that you can still hear through.

lazinesslord

Jun 13, 2010
Primary: A stun baton paired with a shield. (A sword is fancy and all but a stun baton will subdue immediately.)
Secondary: A pair of brass knuckles. (I don't really know how to properly use a sword, but I do know how to punch thanks to boxing.)
Music: Moanin' by Charles Mingus. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__OSyznVDOY (Any mook can walk in with metal, orchestral, and My Little Pony music. A true sign of a badass is bebop.)
Name: I'm not sure. I guess I'll go with Scootaloo.

Louzon

Apr 9, 2009
I'd go with the Spear-and-shield combo. Range and defense.

As for a name...I dunno. Lucius Stormblade, I guess. lol

Orks da best

Oct 12, 2011
Primary: fire pistols (i.e the one battle sister seraphims use)
Secondary: frag grenades
theme: Two Steps from hell-Protectors of the Earth
Name: Da incinerator

though the pistols might lack the reach of they larger cousions, getting close to me is suicdial.

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
You do know that your kind put my kind in to gladitorial-style contests all the time, right?

Anyway, I will of course use my trusty bone-club. Great for my bone-club, bonemerang and bone rush attacks.
Do your rules mean I can't use my ice beam attack? I always love how surprised everyone is that I know that
move. I will keep my ice beam if I can for my second weapon, if that's not allowed then I'll take the move
dig as my secondary weapon.

My title will be "My little Boney", just to see everyone's expressions.

Do you really need to ask my theme?

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
Quaxar said:
I'll only fight to Pinkie Pie's Smile Song with a party cannon and a pet alligator as weapons. I don't care about a stage name, they're only going to call me weirdo anyway. But at least I'm fabulous!
You could partner with another pink-maned pony who fights with kindness and bear massage techniques!

Lonewolfm16

Feb 27, 2012
Name: Probaly just Lonewolf or mabey Battle-wolf after Odin.
Theme: Tyr's Fields of the Fallen
Weapon: Either a Longsword in Norse style, but made with more modern steel making techniques or a standard spear.
Backup: A spear. I could throw it if neccassary, or use it to gain a little reach on my foes
Also a roundshield.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
Theme - Lounge version of Cannibal Corpse's 'Rancid Amputation'
Primary weapon - A long-ass spear
Secondary weapon - Lego bricks to throw all over the floor

Come at me, bro.

Zepherus14

Jan 24, 2012

Yep a frozen popsicle stick, a giant one at that.

As for the song?

Apr 25, 2009
If I want to be flashy and stupid, I'd take a massive spinning shuriken on the end of a long pole.
If I want to be practical, give me a winged spear or a halberd, medium sized heater shield and a gladius or shortsword.

I would of course always wear full helms so I can be a cool as ice bastard as I chop you into pieces.

Theme? Eh, probably something serene and contemporary classical.

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
Name: Cheater/Bastard/Etc
Weapon: A Deadringer that doesn't require ammo [Tf2 for those that don't know]
Secondary: Gunblade
Theme: Pokemon Lavender Town Theme

Constantly fake my own death whilst shooting, they'll never kill me!

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
I'd go with a round shield and hand/war axe as my main weapon and a hand-and-a-half/bastard sword for my backup weapon (strapped to my back with hilt over right shoulder. I'd go without armor, wearing only boots and loose fitting pants and shirt to keep from restricting my freedom of movement, and red or blue war paint on my face.

My stage name would be 'The Ominicidal Barbarian' with my theme being 'Kill Everyone' by Hollywood Undead

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
My name shall be "Stop being a dick, Scott" just so the blood thirsty crowd will have a confused look on their faces while they chant my name.
My primary weapon shall be a giant, hollow purple banana made of steel for more WTF effect.
My secondary weapon shall be razor sharp sporks, for throwing & close up work.
I shall wear armor made of Coke & Mountain Dew cans & a helmet of aluminum beer bottles.
My theme song will be 10001110101 by Clutch.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
I would be a veritable wall of metal with the heaviest, thickest armour possible, with as many razor sharp spikes on it as possible.

My weapons would be a large hand-mace with a shield, and a Bastard sword.

My name would be cuddles, prickly Pete or maybe Hell-Razor.

My theme would be this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_SVyZY-zuc (Its unsettling stuff)

VeryOddGamer

Feb 26, 2012
A laspistol and a scimitar.
I'd wear a Commissar hat (and nothing else) and my stage name would be Captain Commissar.

ADDmuse

Oct 17, 2011
Intro: Navi x 1000
Primary: Chinese Ji (pretty much a battle scythe)
Secondary: Chinese Da Dao

I would also wear some light armor; except for my gauntlets and full greaves which would be metal so I could still punch and kick people.

I'll let whoever's left in the arena come up with my name.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Wyes said:
This thread is incredibly silly. On that note...

Stage name: Dan, because it's my name and it's just easier that way

Primary: Good ol' spear and a round shield [http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs15/f/2007/038/3/d/Viking_Round_Shield_I_by_hollow_reenact.jpg] (this was the closest to an image of a well made one I could find), because this has been a winning combination for a long, long time.

Secondary: A trusty schiavona [http://www.darkwoodarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_6&products_id=167] (only sharp, I don't know anybody that makes sharp versions of these, so...).

Mostly the above is due to familiarity - why would I use some exotic combination that I don't know how to use?
That was my line of thinking. I have some sword fighting experience, and I have a kukri, which I intend to take with me on deployment if I'm successful in joining the Royal Marines.

Beat14

Jun 27, 2010
Well I'm not really sure what year we are in here, so here it goes

Main Weapon: Sharp sturdy knife

Secondary: tear gas grenades

Name: Stink and Stab

Intro music can be some crazy rave music.

Yeah that should about do, did I forget to mention the gas mask that would be worn by said mad man.