You are allowed to know the true story behind any event/phenomenon in history...

jakelly14

Jan 19, 2012
Yopaz said:
BiscuitTrouser said:
Nickolai77 said:
Funny thing about the moon landing, the wind in the flag which is one of the good reasons people are skeptical is actually nothing more than an illusion created in order to make the planting look more patriotic. So in hindsight that was a terrible idea.

jakelly14 said:
its a really hard choice, the first thing i though of was 9/11, and no im not a massive conspiracy theorist but i definitly think there's more to it....

OR

where my faveroute t-shirt disappeared to.
One of the most recent hypotheses behind why the buildings collapsed in the way they did is that the sprinklers caused the aluminum in the planes to explode and pour liquid aluminum which in turn set off several chain reactions and countless explosions. It fits since aluminum is a highly reactive substance when the protective oxide layer is removed. Still this is just an idea, but it explains a lot. Still there's a question of who's behind it and why it happened so there's still plenty of mysteries left.
ohh, that makes a lot of sense. but your right about there being tons of things left....like the fact that there's video footage of the planes and they don't have any windows which is definetly weird. Also when i saw someone had quoted me i assumed it was someone having a go at me, so thanks for not.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
jakelly14 said:
Yopaz said:
BiscuitTrouser said:
Nickolai77 said:
Funny thing about the moon landing, the wind in the flag which is one of the good reasons people are skeptical is actually nothing more than an illusion created in order to make the planting look more patriotic. So in hindsight that was a terrible idea.

jakelly14 said:
its a really hard choice, the first thing i though of was 9/11, and no im not a massive conspiracy theorist but i definitly think there's more to it....

OR

where my faveroute t-shirt disappeared to.
One of the most recent hypotheses behind why the buildings collapsed in the way they did is that the sprinklers caused the aluminum in the planes to explode and pour liquid aluminum which in turn set off several chain reactions and countless explosions. It fits since aluminum is a highly reactive substance when the protective oxide layer is removed. Still this is just an idea, but it explains a lot. Still there's a question of who's behind it and why it happened so there's still plenty of mysteries left.
ohh, that makes a lot of sense. but your right about there being tons of things left....like the fact that there's video footage of the planes and they don't have any windows which is definetly weird. Also when i saw someone had quoted me i assumed it was someone having a go at me, so thanks for not.
Yeah, usually when someone suspects that we don't get the full story about a certain event that has meant a lot to some there tends to be a lot of heated arguments. Especially when it comes to the moon landing and the September 11 attacks. Personally I am never one to dismiss a conspiracy theory without looking into it. If there's even just a few details missing there's a chance that there's something that isn't right. Before I knew of the hypothesis of the aluminum I had come to the conclusion that what happened was impossible. Engineers said the buildings wouldn't collapse that fast. Demolition experts said it was impossible to prepare it for demolition without anyone noticing and that the building was too old to have explosives installed when it was built.
There's also the matter that USA needed a war, but that conspiracy doesn't add up since Iraq didn't have any proven connection to the attack. We also can't really decide who's behind it. There's a theory that Osama Bin Laden took the blame as a diversion. I can't say what happened there since, but I suspect there's a few holes in what we're being told. Either no-one knows or it's being held back either to manipulate us or because it was necessary in order to investigate properly. So knowing the full story would be interesting.

Sexy Devil

Jul 12, 2010
Does the universe count as a phenomenon? Is so then I choose that, meaning I'll have solved physics/chemistry/etc.

Callum Walker

Jul 11, 2011
I would like to know what the hell whoever was thinking when humans discovered cow's milk is safe to drink.
"hmm...I'm going to rub those dangling breasts and drink whatever comes out!"

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
the truth on the creation of the universe.
Is there a god?
How did the universe came to being?
What happens when we die?
What is the meaning of life?

Roguelike

Jun 8, 2010
IamQ said:
I'm very much curious about "The bloop". You know, the ultra low frequency sound that could be heard at a 5000km radius? The one that scientists agreed on could only originate from a living creature? I want to see that fucking creature.
Definitely, since it's on the location given for R'yleh ^^.
A real answer to the topic though: "Dark Matter", at least what we think it is. That's probably the most interesting question on my mind right now

requisitename

Dec 29, 2011
Who was "Jack the Ripper"?* I know there've been a lot of theories floated, but no one knows. As an aside, I wish they'd stop it already with the "We figured out who Jack the Ripper was, guys!" shows that always end with, "Well, it could've been any of these guys everyone's said before and we don't actually know anything new, but we really, really, really wanted you to watch. Psych!!"

Who was/is "the Zodiac"?*

Who killed the Black Dahlia?*

Do ghosts actually exist, and if they do, how does that happen?! Of course, if they do, I'd have to apologize to my sister, so.. nah. Haha.

Well, no.. none of that, really.

What I really want to know is the story of human language. How did it start? Was it one person who made a word-sound and, if so, how did everyone else figure it out? Did humans start out all speaking one language, which then split, or were there many from the beginning? What is the deeper significance of the evolution of human language? Why did languages in the same area (such as Latin -> Italian) change enough to become completely new languages? Etc., etc.

*I spent my childhood obsessed with serial killers and unsolved murders. Didn't everyone?

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Tunguska event. I want to know what the hell happened. Was it a meteor, micro blackhole, or aliens?! Come on!

Enslave_All_Elves

Mar 31, 2011
I'd get the low down on all kinds of tribal European cultures. Where did they come from? What did they believe? How do they sound when they speak versus modern times? Many of our accounts are based on civilized and Christian writings, most of which are probably wrong, or worse, might deliberately misrepresent the truth.

How/why were humans sacrificed? To which gods? What roles do their gods actually play according to them?

From the descriptions given it seems every tribe was a little different even inside of an ethnic group (as tribes often are). I want photos of tattoos, warpaint, haircuts, dress, etc. I would record their general temperments. Who wants to kill everything? Who was content to chill and farm?

And of course, one of my favorite groups of all time (and a handy Total War unit): BERSERKERS! What were those crazy bastards on (if anything)? Berserkers got me into ancient history. It still intrigues me how Europe, supposedly advanced and blah blah blah, were at one point a bunch of headhunters wearing animal skins.

besides that though? Steppe nomads. Same as above really. I'd also chill with Genghis Khan, who apart from being the Number One Killer of All Things was actually a pretty decent ruler (provided he didn't have to wipe you off the map in the first place).

my off the wall choice: What is the bloop? Or try to find pre-Viking contact between hemispheres. I highly doubt nobody ever sailed some ships across, if even on accident.

C F

Jan 10, 2012
The Tunguska event is my choice, but it was likely caused by a meteor. Still, it'd be nice to know for sure.

But everything I really want to know is on this list [http://www.cracked.com/article_18539_7-lost-bodies-work-that-would-have-changed-everything.html] handily written by a Cracked author.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I want to say the Bermuda Triangle. I'm curious to know if it there is something supernatural that goes on in that area, if it is just an area that is plagued with natural phenomenons that spell doom to anyone that traverses it, or if its something more secretive and sinister.

Sewa_Yunga

I love this highway!
Nov 21, 2011
Roguelike said:
IamQ said:
I'm very much curious about "The bloop". You know, the ultra low frequency sound that could be heard at a 5000km radius? The one that scientists agreed on could only originate from a living creature? I want to see that fucking creature.
Definitely, since it's on the location given for R'yleh ^^.
A real answer to the topic though: "Dark Matter", at least what we think it is. That's probably the most interesting question on my mind right now
Well, mystery solved then. It's common knowledge that in his house at R'lyeh, snoring Cthulhu waits dreaming. :D

OT: I'm kinda intrigued by Nikola Tesla, so yeah... I'd want to know everything about him/his work.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
Ok, those cops who let Jeffery Dahmer kill that kid, why'd they get medals? Huh? Answer me that.