You Are Probably Using Google Chrome to Read This

xqxm

Oct 17, 2008
Lt. Rocky said:
I stick to IE for it's stability, by personal experience. I've tried almost every browser out there, and I've never, to the life of me, been able to notice any sort of difference in performance between any of them. IE, FireFox, Chrome and Safari would always load up, change and switch between pages with ease and little processing power. The only browser that would boast any sort of improvement over the rest is the browser on Steam, which is weird considering that it can only run when a resource-sucking game is in use.
The browser inside of Steam is, since about a year or so, running on WebKit, i.e. the same engine as Safari and Chrome. Before that, it used Trident (IE).

Anyway, Firefox for life, word out, peace.

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
I love Chrome. Every time my brother shows me something on his computer I cringe. I suppose it's not because he's using Firefox, but rather because he doesn't utilize Firefox and its capabilities. Still, I tell myself it's because Chrome is better. ;D

I occasionally use Safari, mainly on my iPhone or iPad, but otherwise it's strictly Chrome. Firefox was something I really enjoyed, at least until Chrome was released. As for IE... I couldn't stand the ***** no where!

Andrew_C

Mar 1, 2011
What's with all the love for a browser made by an advertising company? What is the obsession with the products of the Chocolate Factory, anyway?

Use whatever you want, but don't think that your browser makes you somehow special, or better that the poor schmuck still stuck with IE6.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Hmmm, I'm part of that red line way at the bottow of the diagram.

Yes indeed, I'm an Opera man. Don't know why. Other browsers just feel clumsy by comparison, if that makes any sense at all.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
Richardplex said:
ccggenius12 said:
Richardplex said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Recently switched to Chrome for Firefox.
I spent a good 15 seconds restarting the cogs in my brain from trying to work out what you did reading that. I hope your happy with yourself. And then you edited it so I and only I would suffer - I'm on to you.

OT: Yeah, used chrome since it came out, basically. It's only flaw for me was shockwave crashing, which hasn't happened for a few months.
I like how your whining about a grammatical error has a grammatical error, so you can error while you error.
OT: Heck yeah I use Chrome. The keys don't stick when you play flash games.
And then you your'd when you should of you're'd, so everyone can facepalm while we facepalm at the errors in our errors =D
No, I meant to use your, the possessive form. If we did what you suggested, the sentence would read "I like how you are whining about a grammatical error has a grammatical error", which is inaccurate, and does not convey the point I intended to get across, namely that YOUR grammatical failing is ironic.

OT:chrome is still awesome.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
At least IE9 is a decent browser, unlike its horrible standards-shunning predecessors.

I'm concerned about IE8 though - three or four years from now IE8 is going to be as annoying to web developers as IE6 was before its death. IE8 doesn't support HTML5 at all while IE9 and all other browsers do, and it's going to hold the web back for a loooong time.

PlatinumRenegade

May 2, 2011
I've been using Chrome ever since it came out. I have always used it because of its simplistic design and it runs very well on older computers. The only reason I don't use Firefox is that it has always lagged and ran really slowly for me. Safari is only good on a Mac.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
The reason i Use chrome is because EI just sucks
Firefox and Opera have a problem playing videos and crash too damn much
Chrome is the only one that isnt cluttered with tool bars, crashes every day, and can actually play videos smoothly. And it doesnt take up memory space and processing power as much as the others

BaronUberstein

Jul 14, 2011
Still using firefox. It goes fast enough for me and does what it needs to do. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Recently switched to Chrome from Firefox.

Latest Firefox kept crashing my computer, so I switched to Chrome.

I won't be going back to Firefox.
B-but.. your avatar!?

In other news, have been using firefox and always have. IE es da suckest. But I have nothing against chrome. It looks great actually; might change one of these days

brumby

Jan 7, 2009
Firefox opens limitless blank pages when i download files from my Universities website. Very not cool. Safari all the way. It has adbock, syncs with my phone and has the best history browser. Chrome just as good.

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
still use firefox. might just be me but chrome seems to shit the bed more often. any time i have more than 5 tabs open they all end up freezing and a little box with all my tabs listed pops up telling me i have to kill the pages.

never have a problem running many tabs on fire fox, in fact i have 7 open right now, but i usually have 10-15 open at once. firefox never freezes on me or slows down the more tabs i open. google craps the bed every time.

Polarity27

Jul 28, 2008
teqrevisited said:
Still using Firefox. I'd rather not use anything other than youtube from the google empire. Even that has its problems.
Yeah, my sentiments exactly. I object to Google's corporate policies about privacy, where "object" is far too mild a term. So I still use Firefox.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Firefox for me. I like the toolbars and the fact that I can find the Menu bar quite easily.

That alone made it for me.

I use Google Chrome for certain things, but I'm a Firefox for the most par--

Wait. People still use IE? WHY?!

Allow me to introduce people to the chart:

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
I use both Chrome and Firefox pretty equally, though to be fair I never really started using Chrome until I began working as a web designer. To me they both have their good points; Chrome is wicked fast and reliable, while Firefox has nice web development plug-ins that I use regularly in my work. Regardless, why can't Internet Explorer just die already? It's such a slow browser, and it's a pain in the ass to design/develop for it since it doesn't support many of the current HTML and CSS standards, so you constantly have to resort to writing special CSS for simple things to work in IE.