You can choose one super power, what will it be?

bluerocker

Queen of Cockblocking and Misery
Sep 22, 2011
A tossup between Waterbending or Shapeshifting.

With the former, i'd have a degree of subpowers I could tap into (Blood Bending, Ice creation, Healing). Or, with the later I could fly or explore the world as I pleased. Who wouldn't want to try swimming in the ocean like a fish, or flying like a bird? And, depending upon how far I could go with the shapeshifting, I may be able to turn into a dinosaur or a dragon. That'd be pretty sweet.

Moloch Sacrifice

Aug 9, 2013
Absolute control of the growth of my body cells. I know that sounds a lot like shapeshifting, but it has more to offer. For example, I could grow myself anything I might need using my own body tissue, simply by extruding a thin length of tissue and growing from there. Once it's finished, I simply have to trigger cellular destruction (apoptosis ftw!) in the connector to sever the connection.

Similarly, I could produce minions to serve my will on demand by the same method. Whilst more complex, I could create single purpose minions with only the essential organs required for their role, and save the effort for when more versatile servants are needed.

Not to mention the fact that I could modify my own body, and potentially grow myself a new one should the need/desire occur.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Reality warping with perfect mastery.

It would make me virtually omnipotent, since I could change reality to whatever conceivable or inconceivable needs I may have.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Probably super-intelligence. Basically I would be able to make anything I put my mind to. If I want to make the TARDIS who says I can't?

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Psychokinesis.

Someone piss me off? Place them in a wheelchair, and crunch the wheelchair into and inward mess while they scream in pain and beg for mercy.

guitarsniper

Mar 5, 2011
The ability to learn and process new information and skills orders of magnitude faster than normal people (ie can learn to fly a fighter jet well in a couple of hours). This is the kind of thing that would be unlikely to get me paid attention to by governments or whatnot, and would still remain useful

Saidan

Aug 22, 2013
Inmortality, complete with no aging, no degeneration, no diseases, no physical/mental limits, unable to be killed by any mean. This will grant me the time to top all my human skills, then I can search for ways to achieve other powers. Wanna be Vandal Savage, pretty much.

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
Heronblade said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
Heronblade said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
Invulnerability.

Think of all the awesome things I could do!

I could jump out of airplanes without a parachute.
I could run through traffic.
I could calmly walk through burning buildings.
I could rewire my house without turning off the electricity.
I'd never need to use oven mitts ever again.
I could go to Africa to pet the adorable lions.

I could do everything normal people are afraid of doing.
You could be locked into a stone coffin for centuries, slowly going insane in the dark, unable to end the torment...
You could watch everything you care about rot into dust...
Being safe yourself doesn't do much in my opinion unless it is also paired with the ability to act.
Invulnerability isn't immortality, it doesn't stop aging, so I would still die of old age.
Its a weird kind of invulnerability that would not protect from the kind of cellular degradation that marks aging of the body. Its just another source of physical harm.
Ageing is not cellular degradation, your cells do not degrade. Your cells are continuously destroyed (by your own body) and replaced with new-older versions, that is how humans age.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Dyqstard said:
HoneyVision said:
Ability to kill anyone just by thinking about them dying and clicking my finger.
What if you can't click?

Monkfish Acc. said:
the objective best superpower which is to be able to beatbox while kissing
What if you have no mouth?

mysecondlife said:
Time manipulation. Like the one from Prince of Persia. I dream for it every time these threads come up.
What if you died before you were born?

I think I would remove my ability to become bored or depressed, then my life would just be fucking fantastic.
I like to follow Back to the Future's application of time travel.

Zaldin

Sep 28, 2009
Strazdas said:
Obviuosly, the power to grant infinite wishes.
Well ok, thats kinda cheating.

Zaldin said:
Chronokinesis. Complete control of time with me not being affected by time freezes. (As in aging as long as time is frozen, technically not being able to breathe when time is frozen, no hunger/sleep etc) Can take who/whatever I want into those timestops, they also drop out if I drop out of it.
Wait, so there is a technical term for something i wanted to write. not only i got ninja'd but also educated. DAMN.
Not sure if it's the technical term for it, I simply threw the terms for time (That being chronus) with the suffix of kinesis (for movement) So it's basically the 'movement' of time, and influencing that movement.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Zaldin said:
Strazdas said:

Zaldin said:
Chronokinesis. Complete control of time with me not being affected by time freezes. (As in aging as long as time is frozen, technically not being able to breathe when time is frozen, no hunger/sleep etc) Can take who/whatever I want into those timestops, they also drop out if I drop out of it.
Wait, so there is a technical term for something i wanted to write. not only i got ninja'd but also educated. DAMN.
Not sure if it's the technical term for it, I simply threw the terms for time (That being chronus) with the suffix of kinesis (for movement) So it's basically the 'movement' of time, and influencing that movement.
Its a real thing: http://psi.wikia.com/wiki/Chronokinesis
And its... similar.

I just usually call it "Time manipulation".

Matt Gleason

Jan 7, 2013
Strazdas said:
Zaldin said:
Strazdas said:

Zaldin said:
Its a real thing: http://psi.wikia.com/wiki/Chronokinesis
And its... similar.

I just usually call it "Time manipulation".
Also known as the Zack Morris "Time Out".

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Shape shifting, so then I could form my own body into weapons so I'd never be caught defenseless, and take any form I want.

dementis

Aug 28, 2009
Time manipulation all the way. If you slow down time and move at your usual speed everyone would perceive your movement as super fast, your reactions would appear amazingly quick and you could rectify any of your mistakes by rewinding time and trying again.

I can't see how anyone could really go up against someone who can control time.

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
Imortality, can't be killed and won't die from old age (and in the not aging sense, rather than the in 300 years being a walking corpse but still alive sense).