You can choose one super power, what will it be?

Zeke17

Jan 1, 2013
So the question here is pretty simple, if you can choose one super power, which one do you choose and why? My choice would definitely be to be able to pause and unpause time. Really, the only way anything could defeat you is if they got the drop on you. Any situation that you're aware of you could just pause and you'd have all the time in the world to solve the problem. You'd be an unstoppable superhero or supervillian. Not to mention all the pranks you could pull off.

Anyway, what would be your choice?

PrimitiveJudge

Aug 14, 2012
Magneto's ability. Anyone on the road that twerks my anger side would have there car rolled into a ball and hurled at the nearest prius. Drivers of course would be killed. =)

EDIT: I would make all smart car drivers get sucked into the wheel wells of a 18-wheeler

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Invulnerability.

Think of all the awesome things I could do!

I could jump out of airplanes without a parachute.
I could run through traffic.
I could calmly walk through burning buildings.
I could rewire my house without turning off the electricity.
I'd never need to use oven mitts ever again.
I could go to Africa to pet the adorable lions.

I could do everything normal people are afraid of doing.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Direct manipulation of the electromagnetic force.

Because who doesn't want to be god?

redhatman

Sep 20, 2012
The ability to stop time, as long as i don't age when time is stopped.

Failing that i would want the ability to shout "TO THE [location]" and then a flashing transition happens and i am there, like in 60's Batman.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
Omnipotence. What? It's a legitimate super power.

Fine. I'll take the powers of the Flash and I don't mean streaking. I mean, the guy can move and react at near light speed and even break the laws of physics, he really should be more feared.

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
Chronicle style telekinesis.

Or enhanced memory and all it encompasses according to the power page on the super power wiki.

MiskWisk said:
Omnipotence. What? It's a legitimate super power.

Fine. I'll take the powers of the Flash and I don't mean streaking. I mean, the guy can move and react at near light speed and even break the laws of physics, he really should be more feared.
Flash is the most powerful being in the entire DCU. The faster he runs, the more dense his body gets and the more heavy his punches become. If he reaches a fast enough velocity, his punches would have the same impact of being hit with all the mass in the entire universe.

Trivia.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Archangel ascension or "Archangel Physiology" as it is known as.
Because that would be totally OP against anything and everything.
Though it would be great to be the Archangel of Lightning.

Or Electricity Manipulation.
Cause I would love to control my favorite element and electricity (Lightning).

If you guys have seen me say this before ... don't worry it is a common thing for me to say. :p

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Probably something I could use in daily life without standing out too much. Like time freezing, shapeshifting or blinking.

Alternatively, if it's not something you could safely use in public, I may as well crank it up to eleven and pick something like throwing fireballs.

bificommander

Apr 19, 2010
Yeah, teleportation, no questions asked. Preferably not the kind that kills me outright if there's a solid object at the place I'm teleporting too.

Goro

Oct 15, 2009
Country
Australia
No ones mentioned flight yet?! I'd love to zoom around the mountains or pop into the city on my own wings. But invulnerability does sound pretty sweet too.

Jacques Joseph

Nov 15, 2012
Of course I could pick a type of superpower that would grant me near-omnipotence only to be as OP as possible. But these meta-game thoughts aside, the one I´ve been always thinking about as the one I´d like to have was shapeshifting. I went even as far as to make up some limitations to this power of mine - so the overall mass of my body would have to be pretty much always the same so no massive enlarging or shrinking; and I could only shapeshift into forms/mechanisms that I can imagine or conceive so I couldn´t for example turn my hand into a gun cause I don´t understand the details of its inner workings.

Even with that, it seems pretty cool to me. I could turn into someone else to go unnoticed or enter restricted areas, I could slip through keyholes or under the doors or pretty much any small opening, I could turn my body hard enough to be resistant to most forms of attack, plus all the trickster pranks I could do and I could basically realize in real life all that silly craziness happening in cartoons.

Come to think of it, that may be an even better choice - the superpower of being like a cartoon (which makes you almost indestructible, gives you the ability to pull almost anything out of thin air and makes you do all sorts of silly stuff).

Avalanche91

Jan 8, 2009
Mindreading

The perfect power to achieve global dominance ánd pick up chicks, all the while appearing to be a model citizen.

SmilesX-23

Isn't much of anything
Dec 15, 2009
Loa from the X-Mens powers.

Think Shadowcat but what i walk through gets disintegrated =D.
Just think about it, nothing could stop you be they people, walls or bullets.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Probably flight, assuming I can travel at very high velocities. Breaking the shackles of gravity, soaring like a bird? Fuck yea!

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Either teleportation (at least for short distances, like Nightcrawlers) because I really hate riding in public transport and tp is a lot faster, or healing, because I want to help people.