You favorite Shotgun in a game.

Battenbergcake

Oct 4, 2009
Since the dawn of time the shotgun has been synonymous with video gaming from the Magnavox Odyssey pump action light gun to ID software's boomstick toting space marine, i think we're all agrees the shotgun is up there with the master sword and the fire flower int he video game armory.

My question to you is in which do you feel the awesome might of the shotgun is most present, you favorite shotgun in a video game.

Will is be Resident Evil and the classic head shotting shotty?
The alt fire of Half life's shotgun?
The classic gibbing might of the doom marine's boomstick?

Confidingtripod

May 29, 2010
Call me old fashond but I think theres nothing better than the raw inaccuracy of Time Splitters 1's BLUNDABUS I just love nostalgia

Aerodynamic

Feb 23, 2009
I am digging the SPAS-12 from Half-Life 2, been in a couple other games as well, CODMW2 was one I think.

jabrwock

Sep 5, 2007
The combat shotgun from Marathon 2.

Sawed off, double barrel, loads by flipping it around your hand (the trigger guard is ENORMOUS!)

Forget trying to explain how you reload one in each hand... at the same time. But the flipping seems to reload both barrels from internal 6-shot magazines.

Pure awesome.

alxhrmn

May 28, 2010
Vegas 2's SPAS-12. You felt like a true badass as bodies flew away from you with every pull of the trigger.

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
The AA-12 shotgun from Killing Floor:

Hard to buy but satisfying..

varulfic

Jul 12, 2008
I like the one in FEAR, because it randomly causes enemies to go up in an explosion of blood.

Aa EXPLOSION. Of. BLOOD.

Runner up is the double barreled shotgun from Doom 2.

ddq5

I wonder what the character limi
Jun 18, 2009
The hugely overpowered shotguns in Mass Effect. Level those babies up and you'll be blowing away Geth from another star system.

Your Nightmare

May 28, 2010
'This is my BOOMSTICK'

Gotta love Evil Dead

I would probably have to say Gears of War's shotgun. Can't beat gibbing someone at point blank :)

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
My favourite shotgun was in Borderlands, it had 2 rounds and amazing accuracy.

I could pretty much snipe with the thing.