You favorite Shotgun in a game.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
LordCuthberton said:
The Hydra Shotgun from the Resident Evil games.

When was THAT? I think I would remember a triple barrel shotgun! Which resident evil game? I must know!

Mine is probably the striker from Resident Evil 4. Awesome incarnite.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Quake 3 Arena shotgun. The sound of that baby is just awesome. Passing that, the one from Duke 3D.

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
AjimboB said:
I'd have to go with the gnasher shotgun from Gears of War. It shoots damn far, and its visceral effects are pretty beautiful in a violent exploding death kind of way, plus you know, nothing beats a lever action shotgun.

Yeah, this one is pretty awesome. I also love any of the Striker shotguns purely for the fact that they have so much ammo.

run_forrest_run

Dec 28, 2009
The Bioshock shotgun. Pick your favourite flavour of ammo then blast away.
Looks like a car mechanic's went to work on it after it's been upgraded.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
Call me old fashioned, but the regular shotgun from Doom 1 was the first one for me and is still my favourite.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Battenbergcake said:
Geo Da Sponge said:
Range? Who needs range! You look your enemy dead in the eye and place a single shell into his chest. In the fraction of a second when your opponent realised he had underestimated your weaponry and brutality, that's where true glory lies!
Still i like the fact i can use a shotgun at more than a pace away form my target, but i agree, there's nothing more satisfying than blowing your opponent away with a single well place shell.

Unless you're camping with akimbo rangers...
Well, I have to agree that the extra range is useful in more realistic games where just about any weapon can kill almost instantly at short range. That's why the solid slugs upgrade is woefully underrated in Bad Company 2.

But about the akimbo rangers... They don't count because you're using two shells. That's just plain wasteful.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
run_forrest_run said:
The Bioshock shotgun. Pick your favourite flavour of ammo then blast away.
Looks like a car mechanic's went to work on it after it's been upgraded.
Now if only it could hold more than 4 damn shells. There's enough extra space to extend the ammo tube for a few more.