You get to greenlight a sequel to any game that has ever existed. Which game do you choose?

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Blood 3, baby.

Blood 2, I'll frankly admit, wasn't all that hot- partly, I suspect, because of a rush to move into the polygonal realm before the engine was quite ready for prime time. But I think we're ready for another over-the-top FPS with a lot of style and personality, especially in the wake of DNF's failures.

Blood was the first game I remember where every weapon- including the melee weapon- remained useful throughout the game. It was dripping with atmosphere and bizarre humor. Multiplayer was absolute chaos, and it was a blast (I have gleeful memories of running backwards through arenas dropping lit bundles of dynamite at my feet, listening to cries of confusion burst out at nearby computers.)

I'm ready to bust out some flare guns akimbo again. ("AIIGH! AIIGH! IT BURNS!!")

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
kman123 said:
I was gonna say Max Payne 3 and The Darkness 2, but luckily they're all being developed.

Maybe Alan Wake 2, or...Bayonetta 2. Or Vanquish 2.
I would like Alan Wake 2 too. Man that would be so awesome.

One game I would really like to get a sequel for is Skies of Arcadia Legends. I loved that game so much. I also think it would be great to see that made into a MMORPG, it wont ever happen despite Sega teasing with it every now and then.

molester jester

Sep 4, 2008
Volan said:
Audacious said:
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
If it hadn't come out the same time as half life it might have totally revolutionized the genre and it would work as a game now if it was simply mordernized and the bugs taken out.
Absolutely agree. I couldn't be more happier than if a sequel to this fantastic game was ever made. Seriously, I don't know why they haven't done it yet.
They are making an MMO for vampire the masquerade. So hopefully that will be good

Anyway my choice would be either time splitters 4 or star wars battlefront 3, cause both of those series fucking rocked.

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
I would call it "Legend of Zelda 3 - Let's fix this damn timeline".

I picked this one because I always wanted to see a number three after the title. I would also have the game explain the timeline mixup and put every thing into place - including the cartoon.

And the CD-i don't count.

Dusty Fred

Aug 3, 2011
XIII

The game was based on a graphic novel series but only the first five books thereof. The game very much ends on a cliffhanger and you are left genuinely wanting to know where it goes from there. It's possibly my favourite game of all time; no-nonsense arcade-y fps mechanic combined with really immersive story/settings and attractive cel-shaded graphics (downright beautiful in places, and this was on the Gamecube). Plus Adam West as one of the voiceovers. A sequel would thus be more than justified.

SquidVicious

Apr 20, 2011
Country
United States
I'd like to see a sequel to XIII if only to see what happens next. Ending a game on a cliffhanger with the hopes of a sequel that might not ever happen is easily one of the most annoying things in our entertainment industry.

YonderTunic

Mar 4, 2010
Kirby Air Ride. Admitedly everything outside of City Trial sucked, but the idea is great and with some modern tweaks I think it could be a great game. They could also make it so the racing system isnt terrible. Although the Top Ride mode was fun too, 30 second races gets boring quick.

wastedyouth89

Mar 9, 2009
Aggressive Inline: We really need another extreme sports game that works well. That game was kick ass: fun playability, funny quips and silly humor, insane tricks, and a killer soundtrack.

Gudrests

Mar 29, 2010
Black and White 3
Jade Empire 2
Kingdom hearts 3 (not that psp shit)
The Elder Scrolls VI, Look I'm just getting a head start here.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Eternal Champions.

At this point, I'd settle for a remake.

The same goes for Primal Rage(1 and 2).

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Damn...er..KOTOR 3 (Bioware only, please), Homeworld 3 and Freelancer 2.

IronStorm9

Jun 15, 2010
Jade Empire 2, but have them use the DA:O Relationship bar instead of Open Palm/Closed Fist to represent the impact of choices in the game. And make it longer, and have more stat customization, and more styles.

ninjapenguin1414

Jun 16, 2011
Because i don't feel like going through all the reply's I'm gonna simply say Prince of Persia (2008) because the story and graphics and gameplay were awesome but it's never gonna happen cause I'm apparently the one who liked it.

nixonsnow

Mar 23, 2011
latenightapplepie said:
Jade Empire 2.

That was my knee-jerk response. Because I loved the universe, the characters and would love to see another good kung-fu RPG.

Gimme a little while and I might think of another more deserving.
Oh man, ninja'd bigtime. Jade Empire was phenomenal. So well done for it's time. Pretty sure I picked it up for 10 bucks out of a used bin, and I was blown away.