You Get To Name Our Next Planet

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Maybe Hope or perhaps Liberty... not very original but meaningful all the same.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Assuming that it is similar to Earth, I would name it Gerra (Grand Terra) because it will be grand to move to a new Earth and mess it up just as badly as the Earth we currently live on with more efficiency.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Storm's Grace.

Why, because it would be awesome!
Also because it would surrounded by non deadly lightning.

Karlaxx

Oct 26, 2009
As I am from the stock of a place with absolutely no places within it with names of original origin, I would name the new Earth.... New Earth.

PerfectEnemy

Aug 7, 2011
SecondTimesACharm?

StupidAstronautSaysWhat?

But I'd probably have to choose: AndYouAllSaidMyExtensiveKnowledgeOfScienceFictionWasWorthless!

Guardian of Nekops

May 25, 2011
Hmmm... how about Foothold in the Stars, or just Foothold for when people stop being formal and poetic about it. No planet will last long with the name "Foothold in the Stars" once they build a Burger King there. :p

I choose this name because, by the time we found this planet (even if we found it tomorrow) overpopulation will have begun to be a problem. The second planet we inhabit can never be allowed to be the last, because we will soon fill it and use enough of the resources so that we need to start making difficult choices again, whether they be about resource gathering or population control.

Once we are able to expand to other worlds, we will need to keep doing so. So that's why I would call it Foothold, because it's a new start but it is not, and can not, be the end.

Eldrig

Apr 25, 2011
Trantor!

Edit: Not everyone may get my reference to Asimov, but i'm hoping people do.