You Get To Name Our Next Planet

Corialos

Nov 12, 2009
Shakomaru said:
Skaia maybe. Cool name, cool planet.
Damn. Ninja'd.

Hmm...I'd say my choices are split between "Planet Homestuck," "Corialos" (it's a name I've used for tons of my fiction-writing projects; yes, I am that vain, as it's also my screenname), "Demeter" (I've always been partial to the Greco-Roman nomenclature), and uh... How about "Planet Suck-It!?"

The capitol city of Planet Suck-It will be "Future Alien Visitors". Or maybe, "NASA", because of the whole abandonment of the space program thing.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
Yassen said:
Just a simple thought I had on the bus today, let's say a new planet was discovered that in a few short years we would begin to colonize, it would be our first planet to live on that isn't Earth. By luck you win a lottery that gives you the privilege to name this new home of humanity, so what would you name it?

Personally I'd want to call it Eden Prime, yes because it's from Mass Effect but also because I think it's an appropiate name for our second home. So what would you call it?
Yeah, but Eden Prime has bad luck dude, we don't have a Commander Shepard handy to kill all those Geth that'll come to it yet.

Earth II would have to be the most boring; Terra II I suppose. Sol II, maybe...

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Erect Cock. Just to see the media of people who hate cock's reactions. Would be some funny shit, I tell you.

Vitagen

Apr 25, 2010
Pandalink said:
Nova.

Because it's awesome, easy to pronounce and because it means new.
It also has some---er---implications when talking about space.

OT: I'd call it Non Terrore. It's Latin for "don't panic."

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Yassen said:
Just a simple thought I had on the bus today, let's say a new planet was discovered that in a few short years we would begin to colonize, it would be our first planet to live on that isn't Earth. By luck you win a lottery that gives you the privilege to name this new home of humanity, so what would you name it?

Personally I'd want to call it Eden Prime, yes because it's from Mass Effect but also because I think it's an appropiate name for our second home. So what would you call it?

Other than that, Senna since in a sci-fi story I made, the main character came from a colony of the same name. Granted, she didn't like the planet much, but still, I like the name.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Dammit, this is a lot harder for me than I thought it would be. Give me a moment...

I got it. It too a bit of thought, but I finally have it.

Ferb.

PUR3_GAM3R33

May 23, 2009
If it's the same size as Earth: Nova Spes (Latin for New Hope)

If it's the same size as the gas plants: Terra Maximus (Grand Terra,Terra is Latin for "The land of" so basically it would be "The land of grand ..." we'll just put the best feature or thing in place of the dots.)

If it's bigger than Jupiter*: Magnus Mundus (Latin for "Great New World")

*which I hope it is,I've always liked the idea of living on a planet that's bigger than Jupiter. I don't know why X)

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
GryffinDarkBreed said:
RaeveSpam said:
titan AE reference FTW.
I can't quote the original because he got a low content warning, but this is awesome. Also, Titan AE was a great film.

But me, I'd make a Star Wars reference. Not sure what.

Or I could call it Miranda, dooming it to a horrible fate as a failed experiment. I would like to think by then Firefly would have been seen and loved by everyone, so everyone would get the joke.

I could also call it Equestria. That would be fun. Hmm...

Flight

Mar 13, 2010
I'd be completely ridiculous and name the planet something like Fluffykins, just because I found it entertaining. It would most likely get renamed, though.

NinjaZat

Jan 14, 2009
If it's a tropical place it's either "New Florida" (In which case we turn the whole planet into an old folks home) Or. "Don't drink the water"