You Get To Name Our Next Planet

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
New Amsterdam.

Might as well re-use that one.

Or Kessel because a tiny Dutch village having the same name as a Star Wars asteroid isn't enough for a word that sounds as funny as that.

But no, really?

Latveria

lolz

g3ko

Jun 2, 2011
Kitsuna10060 said:
RaeveSpam said:
GryffinDarkBreed said:
RaeveSpam said:
titan AE reference FTW.
Damn, didn't expect someone to recognize it that fast! :D
that fast? it was literally my first thought when i saw the thread title :D
and this is how i've been triple ninja'd
also thought of bob, started looking for a youtube video with the ending, called it quits.
went on to check if it was mentioned
and then, the exact thing i was doing... already done, anyway it's a great choice:))

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
RaeveSpam said:
GryffinDarkBreed said:
RaeveSpam said:
titan AE reference FTW.
Was going to quote your original post, but there's no button...
I went into this thread wondering how long it would take for someone to mention 'Bob' - and lo and behold, it took all of two posts. You win this thread, good sir. Almost seems unfair that you should still get a warning for post brevity...
Anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to go watch Titan AE. ^^

Thumper17

May 29, 2009
Nirn.

FILLER SENTANCE OH MY GAWD WHY IT'S AN ELDER SCROLLS REFERENCE FOR YOU CLUELESS PEOPLE, JESUS THIS FILLER SENTANCE OH NOOO!

Death Carr

Less Than 3D
Mar 30, 2011
Reach, not for the Halo reference though, but for it representing humanities reach towards a new future. My second option would be Raxicoricofallapatorious because fuck the Slitheen haters.

geezah91

Feb 17, 2010
Name it's nearest star Prometheus, and the planet itself Epimetheus. Simply because these Titans never got the love

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
Dagobah.

Simply so I can tell my friends ...

You will go to Dagobah ....

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I going to be random with it and declare the planet be name Randosan (no really I just made that up now). I guess on Wiki my profile will say I was randoming with the planet naming.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Guffe said:
wooty said:
"Plan B", seems like a very apt name to be honest.
Wouldn't "Planet B" be more precise?

I have no idea, I would have to think long and hard and then probably en up giving it some really sucky name -.-
Nah, plan b is better as its both the name of our new home and the name of the literal plan for when all these climate change prevention measures fail.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Depends on how serious the occasion was. If I felt I could get away with a joke, I'd probably use "Bob", just for the Titan A.E. reference. If it was a more somber occasion, I'd go with "Eden", "Jannah" or "Swarga Loka" (all of which are basically different names for paradise in various religions).

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I'd name the next human habitable planet 'Soil' or 'Ground' just to keep with the silly Earth theme.

Emperor Nat

Jun 15, 2011
Planet "HeyguyscomelookatthisItotallyfoundthisbiginhabitablethinginthetelescopeandnowsomepeoplefromnasawantmetonameitforthemwhatdoyou
thinkIshouldsay?".

Also, that question mark is part of the name. You always have to say the name as if it's a question.

I just love the idea of hundreds of nasa scientists having to say "Now boarding for... that... that place. Where we're going. You know the one."

EDIT: Sorry for the weird formatting on the name, it wasn't all showing up in the text box. :/

RaeveSpam

May 27, 2009
Sonicron said:
RaeveSpam said:
GryffinDarkBreed said:
RaeveSpam said:
titan AE reference FTW.
Was going to quote your original post, but there's no button...
I went into this thread wondering how long it would take for someone to mention 'Bob' - and lo and behold, it took all of two posts. You win this thread, good sir. Almost seems unfair that you should still get a warning for post brevity...
Anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to go watch Titan AE. ^^
Haha, I guess the mods haven't seen Titan AE.. For shame!