You gotta have some big balls to do this

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
Douk said:
Bet he hates lightbulb jokes...

It would suck if you get to the top and you drop the lightbulb.
"Early autopsy reports show that, while waiting for him at the bottom of the tower, the climber's wife suddenly had a bright idea..."

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
"it's good to take a break and look around while you rest"
No. No I will not take the time take in just how incredibly fucking high up I am, thank you very much.

I could maybe do well up until he get's out of the closed off area, but after that. No way at all would I be having a good time.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Holy god, you could almost see the goddamn curve of the Earth from up there. Do they, like, have parachutes or something on in case they fall?

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
GAAAH...gaaah..aaah... fuck... no, not the first time (or 60 times) i dont have crippling fear of heights but that would take me a long time to get used to or do. SALUTE AND BOW!

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Egad. That is just... why would anyone build something like that and not put in at least a proper ladder?! I'm not scared of heights but just watching that video had me loudly exclaiming and carrying on to an audience consisting entirely of myself, and I never do that.

You couldn't pay me to do that, not for all the money in the world.

Robby Foxfur

Sep 1, 2009
i sir could make it to the point where they have to change the bulb but aint no way in hell I'd get on top, plus I'd be slow very slow

Stoic raptor

Jul 19, 2009
JRCB said:
Mikeyfell said:
Looks like fun.

but climbing down would be the hard part
bring a 1700 foot rope and rappel all the way down
One word: parachute. Assuming you can launch yourself far enough away.

And I could never do this. As I've said before, it's not the height that scares me, it's the ground: the fall isn't what kills you.
Isnt it like the sudden stop of speed what kills you. Like it affects your cells or something

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Stoic raptor said:
JRCB said:
Mikeyfell said:
Looks like fun.

And I could never do this. As I've said before, it's not the height that scares me, it's the ground: the fall isn't what kills you.
Isnt it like the sudden stop of speed what kills you. Like it affects your cells or something
Basically a split moment of overwhelming shock in which overloads your brain and nerves, causing massive hemorrhaging and leading to your quick death.

Yeah.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
JRCB said:
Mikeyfell said:
Looks like fun.

with the rope you can control your speed the whole way down

it would be cool to ware one of those base jumping wing suits and fly off the top of that.

Stoic raptor

Jul 19, 2009
ShadowsofHope said:
Stoic raptor said:
JRCB said:
Mikeyfell said:
Looks like fun.

Basically a split moment of overwhelming shock in which overloads your brain and nerves, causing massive hemorrhaging and leading to your quick death.

Yeah.
I thought the sudden stop of speed messes up your cells, you basically turn to jelly.

Thats kind of how some car accidents kill. You fly out the windshield, and slam into the pavement. They look fine on the inside, but their insides is completely fucked up.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Stoic raptor said:
ShadowsofHope said:
Stoic raptor said:
JRCB said:
Mikeyfell said:
Looks like fun.

Yeah.
I thought the sudden stop of speed messes up your cells, you basically turn to jelly.

Thats kind of how some car accidents kill. You fly out the windshield, and slam into the pavement. They look fine on the inside, but their insides is completely fucked up.
Yes. It is the overwhelming shock that kills you first, but the impact pretty much turns you into jelly by sheer force of physics, in which our human structure cannot handle and still remain coherently together.