You have a gun with one bullet...

ElectricMegaHamstah

Oct 10, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
How does stoping world war? Death equal less mouth to feed?

OT- I would stop world war, maybe but unlikely people will focus at ending worldhunger itself instead of focusing at killing each other.
Wait... Hwat?

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
I would shoot this question.

I'd pop a cap into my foot. Problem solved.

If that's not allowed I'd slot war one. Because most everyone else is choosing hunger. :p

Mastern56

Jun 9, 2010
Neither. Overpopulation is already too much of an issue. Even though that sounds horrible, imagine the overpopulation crisis we would face without war or hunger. Third world countries would blossom, birth rates go up, and all of a sudden we are standing shoulder to shoulder in grocery stores. No thank you.

OmegaZXA

Mar 19, 2010
It may be sick and wrong, but shoot World War. Then, aim the gun at World Hunger and tell them to eat War (since you never said whether or not they knew the gun had only one bullet).

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
Considering you don't say you have to shoot to kill, I guess I'd just shoot myself in the foot. Sure it'll hurt like all hell but hey, I've stopped war and hunger for a century.

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
Funny thing is that war and hunger are things that always tend to come and go together. War causes hunger, hunger causes war, etc.

By that reasoning, solving World War SHOULD increase food production. Also, if you aggrevate World War by shooting World Hunger, you can unleash a nuclear holocaust that will make the majority of the lands unable to produce healthy food.

There is one thing connecting this thing; population size.

If you shoot World War, population figures will increase so much that food production can't possibly keep up. If you shoot World Hunger, food production should normally go down, but it also causes the population to shrink in size.

Now which one is better;
Birth control is the key. If you shoot World Hunger and unleash devestating wars, there will be less space for humans to live, leaving no means to increase the population until humanity finally dwindles into extinction. Over-populating by shooting World War will only cause both birth and death figures to climb, but there will be no final extinction and the world can eventually try to overcome the obstacle of hunger with the use of technology.

I'm definately shooting World War.

Keepeas

Jul 10, 2011
I would shoot my self in the foot.

Edit: wow, didn't know so many others would think of that one...

Skootz

Dec 8, 2010
Shoot war for irony points, then go ape-shit on world hunger with the butt of the gun. I mean hell he hasn't eaten in weeks I could take him blindfolded!

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Leave both alone, and sell the gun. Merchants pay normal dollar for guns, man. That, or use the gun to repair my other guns. Can never have enough guns to keep your guns in repair.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
shooting world war would eventually stop world hunger.
but people never change making this action useless.
shooting myself is only a temporary solution.
so I would shoot world hunger.
it,s not going to stop everything but it,s the best outcome.

Eisenfaust

Two horses in a man costume
Apr 20, 2009
I'd miss... without both, the world will become over-populated and thus, shit. Sure, shooting world hunger would mean that the now excessive population won't starve... but they won't have any room to stand, either

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
Ah, what a fine moral dilemma this is. I could shoot myself, but that would only resolve the issue temporarily...I curve the bullet making it hit both of them! The world is saved, time for PARTY BUS!

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Hmm. I'd shoot World war, and then beat Hunger to death with the gun. It'd probably be quite weak.

And thus problem is solved thanks to violence!

Lazier Than Thou

Jun 27, 2009
I'd shoot the bullet into the ground. I wont take away hunger or war and for the same reason.

People need to choose. That's what life is about, choosing. Even if your only choice is to hate or love your captor, the choice is yours to make. I will not take from people their right to choose if they will or will not feed the hungry. I will not take from people their right to choose to murder in mass numbers.

In my opinion, it is more heartless and evil to take away Stalin's right to starve the Ukrainians in the Holodomor than it is for him to commit such reckless hate.

mjp19xx

Oct 22, 2008
I would ironically shoot war. Despite several earlier assertions that resource scarcity is the main cause of war, I must disagree. Nationalism (religious fundamentalism is a form of nationalism) has been the primary cause of war. Certainly this was the case in the twentieth century. War is more dehumanizing than hunger, and ending it would free up more resources to fight hunger. Economic and social development tends to deal with the population problem far better and, need I really mention, more humanely than war.