You know you live in [Blank] when [Blank]!

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
bazaalmon said:
You know you're in New England when you have to sit at the on ramp to a highway for several minutes because nobody will move out of the entry lane.
You know you're in New England when you barely make a light before it turns red, and then see the next 5 people behind you speed straight through the red light.
You know you're in New England when nobody ever uses a turn signal.
You know you're in New England when people tailgate you on a highway with completely open lanes to either side of you.
Seriously, New England drivers are terrible.
Don't forget people who drive by you at 60+ MPH in the middle of a blizzard. :D

Depending on where you are it's no worse than driving around in, say, Florida though. I imagine Boston is terrible, and possibly a good portion of Rhode Island, but I can't imagine New Hampshire is much different than Vermont, and we're so rural that we don't even have billboards on the side of the roads. But nobody ever talks about Maine or Connecticut, so I don't know about them.

UberPubert

Jun 18, 2012
You know you live in Florida when your clothes are soaked with sweat and you're complaining about the mosquitos during the winter.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
You know you live in Belgium when you're the first one of your country to post in this thread.
You know you live in Belgium when people ask you whether you're from Amsterdam, and you respond with "Close enough".

BushMonstar

Jan 25, 2012
You know you live in Washington when it's pouring rain yet you still see people walking around in a t-shirt and shorts like it's nothing.

Dec 10, 2012
AstylahAthrys said:
Lionsfan said:
AstylahAthrys said:
You know you live in Northern Michigan when you look outside your window and you still see 5 feet of snow on the ground and don't even bat an eye.

Really. No sane person should be okay with living here, but yet we are.

I miss grass, and I don't think I'll see it till May :(
TehCookie said:
You know you're from Michigan when you have all four seasons in one day and can drive through snow.

Though I like the cities mottos more:
Flint: Our crack whores can beat your crack whores
and Detroit: Where the weak and killed and eaten.
Edible Avatar said:
Michigan.

One three words.

Lake-Effect Snow
TheVampwizimp said:
You know you live in Michigan when it's spring in the morning, summer in the afternoon, a chilly fall that evening, and snows overnight.
A: Woooooo other Michiganders!!!!

B: You guys all forgot the other season around here, Construction Season
Agh. Construction season is almost as horrible as our lake effect snow! I commute down I-75 about once a month during the summer to see family and it gets terrible. I really say we have two seasons, snow season and construction season.
My ramps onto I-275 to work were down for three months this summer. A standard detour around here.

Also, Lionsfan, here's another one: You know you're from Michigan when your hometown Superbowl MVP plays for the Steelers.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
You know you live in Europe when you read something about 40 degrees being cold and you think to yourself "40 degrees? That's crazy hot! But then you realize the one who posted it was probably American and used degrees Fahrenheit."

Waraddict

Jul 20, 2011
You know you're in Ireland when friends who recently came from any where else in the world constantly ask you "When does Summer start?" and you can't answer that!

You know you're in Ireland when everything grinds to a halt when we finally get decent snow every once in twenty years.

You know you're in Dublin when you hear someone order a "Bad'er Buh-grr'

You know you're in Galway when you hear 'Ya Gomie!'

Tropicaz

Aug 7, 2012
YOu know you live in Newcastle when you see people get called soft/wimps/other slightly more colourful things for wearing a jacket on a night out. Despite the fact it's colder than freezing.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
You know you live in Florida when people start turning their heaters on when it's 68 degrees outside.

NightmareExpress

Dec 31, 2012
You know you live in Liverpool when a white/grey sky is the norm.
You know you live in Liverpool when every trip to the pub is some kind of unspoken adventure.
You know you live in Liverpool when Manchester is equivalent to cancer.
You know you live in Liverpool when someone from London asks you to translate Scouse for them.
You know you live in Wales when you don't know what the fuck is written on some of the signs.
You know you live in Wales when sheep are apparently an acceptable alternative for a romantic outing.
You know you live in Blackpool when you'd rather not be currently living in Blackpool.
Du weisst du lebst in Bielefeld, wann niemand glaubt dich sind (mit Entschuldigung an die Deutschen).

And for something more foreign and also Canadian...you know you live in Edmonton when nothing is ever flipping happening.

Mr F.

Jul 11, 2012
Froggy Slayer said:
AnarchistFish said:
You know you're a Frenchman living in England when everyone is an annoying smart alec little shit to you.
You know that you're an Englishman when you start feeling rather stabby as soon as you recognise that there is a Frenchman around.

Also, them's fighting words. You better be ready to fight on the field of honour.
Honour?

Hes french!

Sorry, sorry, Must be off.

Hmmm.

You know you are in Lancaster when the people around you still take the colour of the roses seriously?

I think that works.

Wouldn't really know, only been here 6 months.

Heres one from my upbringing: You know you are in Al Ain when you can be guaranteed to meet EVERYONE YOU KNOW if you go to the pub once a week. Everyone would go to the same Rugby club.

sir neillios

Dec 15, 2012
You know you live in the North of Ireland when there are two bomb scares within a couple of days of each other and you think "pretty quiet week."

ToxicPiranah

Nov 5, 2009
You know you live in Wales when you think the reports about Hurricane Sandy in the US are describing a really good summer.
You know you live in Wales when someone asks "Who's coat is this Jacket"
You know you live in Wales when someone tells you "They'll be there in a minute now"

Lynx

Jul 24, 2009
You know you live in Sweden when the outside temp shows +2 C (like, 36F) and you and everyone of your Facebook/Instagram friends post a blue-skied picture that says "FINALLY! SPRING TIME IS HERE!"

Mr.Cynic88

Oct 1, 2012
You know you live in Illinois when nearly every district voted Republican, but the Chicago turn-out cast the electoral votes for the Democrats.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
You know you live in Texas when you can pick a direction and drive that way all day and still be in Texas.

I've gambled with many truckers in Nevada who bitched about that fact and didn't like hauling a load through Texas for that very reason.

Count Viceroy

Mar 4, 2013
Lynx said:
You know you live in Sweden when the outside temp shows +2 C (like, 36F) and you and everyone of your Facebook/Instagram friends post a blue-skied picture that says "FINALLY! SPRING TIME IS HERE!"
I agree! I nevertheless appreciated the Stockholm Sun today. I can't deny there's spring feelings in the air, as I thought the same a few hours ago.

Slakt

Sep 18, 2012
You know you live in Russia when the tmep is -20 C and you still see people going around in late summer/early autumn clothes.

You know you live in Russia when you see 12-13 year olds buying vodka and you're not even surprised.

You know you live in Russia when you stay for 30-40 minutes in a row to a fast food resturant.