You Know You're Too Much Of A Gamer When ....

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
(Tabletop games)

When you think that you have a 5% chance to fail at anything you do, and a 5% chance to win at anything you do.

When you try to open everyone's locker at school to find potions

When you try to use Detect Evil on your boss

When you think a zombie plan can involve shouting "Turn undead!"

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
Mr_Universal said:
When you start thinking about how high the IRL resolution is..
it's pretty Frekin' epic, it has to be at-least 13000x8000

also:

# When you try to click your food / drinks with your mouse by dragging it off the screen
# When you wonder what your stamina is or if your food buffs will wear off any-time soon
# When you ponder exercising to increase your strength value when you have to move heavy objects
# When you creep around in the dark waiting for the 'things' to pop out or turn on all your lights when you go to pee when it's dark

perhaps we should all just agree to get out a bit more :p

Dr Snakeman said:
When you accomplish something impressive and immediately start thinking about how many experience points you get for it.
oh yah, i often wonder if building someone a pc is enough to get my engineering up a level
but i don't think it is
pc recipe for me is definitely 'green' :(

or you beat your worst nightmare map / level and go yeZZ!!! and then ur like.. meh it's too easy now

^ that right there, that's a level-up!

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
If when you succeed at something you have one of these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glu5wr5LRm4 playing in your head or whistling to yourself.

fragmaster09

Nov 15, 2010
Quazimofo said:
SilverStrike said:
When you see something really cool, or a great view, and think (Or worse, say) "Wow, I should screenshot this!" And you wonder for a moment where your printscreen button is.

And then it sinks in.
yeah, ive had that feeling. luckily my dad's hobby is photography, so there is usually a good camera nearby.
i wanted an instant replay on CoD6 then realised it didn't have(because i crept round a corner, killed someone, turned around while knifing (by accident), killed another guy and got killed by an idiot with a SCAR-H who had just watched the whole thing, i wanted the killcam recorded because it looked like i had eyes behind me and (because i was crouching) punched a guy in the jaw and killed him)

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
I see a pair of twins in the hallway at school and think "Ha, recycled character models"
I try to save.
When you see bobby pins on the ground and think you better grab some in case you have to lockpick something (Fallout)(Paper clips work better IRL)
When you see all your conversations in dialogue trees.

Quantom Quak

The Source of All Evil
Jun 12, 2009
I was plaing Lugaru during school yesterday, and I accidentally said
"Heh heh. I ripped his throat out."
out loud. Yeah.

rdaleric

Jan 22, 2009
when i watch football and a really good unknown player jumps to stardom i say oh i bought him ages ago......... in football manager

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
EternalFacepalm said:
When you dream about building things with blocks.
When you refuse to play anything that isn't balanced.
When you look for flat, white walls to put portals on.
mcattack92 said:
1- When you write anything in L33T sp3ak
...1337-5P34|< is more than replacing "E" with "3", you know.
Wow. I've actually lived to see someone corrected for using internet lingo. Great then what's the right way to write wrong?

OT: Whenever I notice myself mentally tracking anything roughly the size and shape of an oil drum while walking about.

viperxvii

Jun 18, 2010
...Have you ever compensated for lag irl? Or felt you may need to. This makes driving very unsettling.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
...you spend so much time playing games that you forget to eat and drink and die from starvation while playing, or your small child does. If you were looking for a joke, less depressing real world answer though, I could say you try to check your HUD to see if you should reload while at the shooting range.

SketchyFK

Mar 14, 2010
when someone calls you "modest" and you reply with "decreases attack and increases special attack" (pokemon reference

SketchyFK

Mar 14, 2010
Tib088 said:
When I'm with my friends and I think of them as my "party" and chose who the tank, healer, etc are
I have never done this before but, sheerly because of how awesome this post seems to me, i'm actaully wanting to do this now. This HAS to be the best comment in the entire thread. nice1 man.

gamepopper101

Aug 12, 2009
This thread has been done before, and I don't want to paste out a large post once again so to answer to his post, please go here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/9.245266.9126500

SketchyFK

Mar 14, 2010
SpikeyGirl said:
When ever your hands are empty and idle they look like they're holding a controller.
That ain't what happens when you play too much computer games. that just happens normally. when your hands are sitting idle and empty yet your thumbs are still twiddling invisible sticks, then its time to start worrying.

eggy32

Nov 19, 2009
There have been several times, usually after nights spents playing Halo, when I'd be walking home and see somethign in the distance and try to push the analogue stick in to zoom in and get a better view.
Doesn't happen any more though.
Although I do occasionally see a dead bird or something and wonder if it has any items on it.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
When you start to think about what real life locations you're in would make for a good Unreal Tournament map.