You know you've been in the escapist for too long when

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
When you find it so nostalgic to talk about stuff, that you ended up looking up that conversation when you were drunk for the first time using the date of the the Farscape DVD set to find it.

So here it is I'm the a anime girl talking about being drunk for the first time obviously, sadly the most amusing part of the conversation is lost as that was in a User Group chat, where I actually started posting when I wanted to cry really badly (As described in this post) and made everyone kinda worried because they thought I was seriously depressed, but I was just drunk.

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
When you find it so nostalgic to talk about stuff, that you ended up looking up that conversation when you were drunk for the first time using the date of the the Farscape DVD set to find it.

So here it is I'm the a anime girl talking about being drunk for the first time obviously, sadly the most amusing part of the conversation is lost as that was in a User Group chat, where I actually started posting when I wanted to cry really badly (As described in this post) and made everyone kinda worried because they thought I was seriously depressed, but I was just drunk.

Fuck, so you really are Kaleion. I was actually wondering, considering Mexico and you mentioning your new username is from the first letter of your old username, but at that point I have been away enough from the forums that I couldn't be sure it wasn't some other Mexican. I'm happy to see you still around.

So, OT: You know you've been in the Escapist for too long when you have a sudden reunion with a person you used to spam Forum Games with back in 2012 despite having been interacting to them in the new forum for at least a couple of months now.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
When you suddenly remember that the first time you got drunk you bought the Farscape DVD specifically because you were shitposting and @xmbts told you it was good without considering finances and forgot by the next day.

I still have the box-set BTW.
Well I hope you like it, Also good to finally remember who you are.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
When you have an enemies list.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐

You know you have been on Escapist too long when other members post old threads and you find you posted in most of them and don't even remember it..

Reactions: Kae

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
You know you have been on Escapist too long when other members post old threads and you find you posted in most of them and don't even remember it..
Ah, but are you cringing at your old posts though? Apparently I used to make lots of painfully unfunny jokes back in the day, good thing I'm hilarious nowdays...

Reactions: lil devils x

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Fuck, so you really are Kaleion. I was actually wondering, considering Mexico and you mentioning your new username is from the first letter of your old username, but at that point I have been away enough from the forums that I couldn't be sure it wasn't some other Mexican. I'm happy to see you still around.

So, OT: You know you've been in the Escapist for too long when you have a sudden reunion with a person you used to spam Forum Games with back in 2012 despite having been interacting to them in the new forum for at least a couple of months now.
Yeah, I guess I am that robot/guy/girl/space mutant lobster, to be entirely honest I wasn't expecting people to remember me at all, also I'm like at least 70% less edgy now maybe that's why you didn't catch on.
Well I hope you like it, Also good to finally remember who you are.
Yeah, I still like the show quite a bit and I definitely don't regret the purchase at all, I also think how I bought it is at least a cool way to start conversations, so it sits on a shelf for everyone to see.

Ah, but are you cringing at your old posts though? Apparently I used to make lots of painfully unfunny jokes back in the day, good thing I'm hilarious nowdays...
At least for me, the cringe is real, I like thought I was cool back then, at least I know I'm a dork now.

When you see threads being derailed.
You know you've been in the Escapist long enough when you know all Forum games get derailed with casual conversations or at least have thinly veiled conversations barely dressed up as the game.

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
Yeah, I guess I am that robot/guy/girl/space mutant lobster, to be entirely honest I wasn't expecting people to remember me at all, also I'm like at least 70% less edgy now maybe that's why you didn't catch on.
I'm just glad to see you're doing okay.

OT: When you get a person banned by being passive aggressive.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
When you see a load of new threads pop up all at once and you think Epic Wynn has returned.

Not that I had anything against Mr Wynn, certainly less than everyone else. He made things interesting for a while:)