You know you've been playing ... too long when ...

Hister

Don't Run You'll Just Die Tired
Apr 8, 2010
Milo Windby said:
You know you have been playing to long when... you start dreaming about the game at night... Minecraft dreams... very odd. (Or as one dream was, Minecraft and Left 4 dead at the same time )
Haha I had a similar dream a few weeks ago with lego people (like lego star wars)and left 4 dead. It was a very freaky dream, Freud would a field day with that one

Sov.reign

Oct 14, 2009
It's definately the quick save option to life that I'm missing. Now how best to seduce my girlfriend... hmm two ways to do this but if I pick the wrong way I'll not get the chance again for another week, better save... wait what? Oh right... life... I lose at life.

and ofc pretty much all alerts, item noises and HUD screen from Metal Gear... seriously this stuff would be worth investigating in a Psychological study, not whether games cause rape XD

Goody

Jan 2, 2011
Eddy-16 said:
Oh and the other day my friend asked me if I could help him and I told him it was cost him a lot of caps.
I may do that to one of my friends, he has a collection of bottlecaps from the beer bottles that we've been drinking in the past year

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Atlys said:
I used to play a PS2 game called "Shadow of Destiny," in which the main part of gameplay is traveling through time to change certain events. After making dumb decisions in real life I would just say to myself that I can just go back in time and fix it.
Melian said:
Also, after a very intense couple of days playing Oblivion for the first time, I walked around in a daze wondering why I couldn't quicksave...
Same thing with Oblivion. I found myself trying to save all the time.
Same here, bloody oblivion,
I once thought gee mt rooms awfully dark best puts some torches up to stop the skeletons!
I facepalmed a few seconds later.

Jake0fTrades

Jun 5, 2008
After a long period of CoD, you turn a corner and instinctively panic knife the person who walks into you.

tharglet

Jul 21, 2010
80sGuy said:
You know you've been playing World of Warcraft(and MMOs in general) too long when...

You ask your supervisor at work if coupons stack with your employee discount.
Lol, if I was your supervisor, I'd know what you were asking. I've occasionally used MMO terminology in "RL" only to find out people don't know what I'm on about ><.

Cybele

Jun 7, 2010
After having played wow until 4 or 5 am I was dead tired and went to bed but I just couldn't fall asleep. I just couldn't stop thinking about the instance run, what we did, didn't and what I could have done better. After a few hours of trying to stop thinking of wow I gave up and somehow fell asleep. Needless to say my dreams were filled with wow.
I felt really tired the next morning.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
When I see a saw blade and get instantly excited. This is when you know you've been playing to much half life 2.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Abengoshis said:
When your CPU is ~90 C...
That's a sign that your heatsink isn't doing it's job and needs cleaning and/or reseating and/or your case needs better ventilation. No CPU made should hit 90C.

Natural Philosopher

Mar 2, 2011
God I will never forget this moment. I had been playing GTA4 online for weeks and one night I was driving with friend when suddenly some pedestrians were came into view and completely instinctively I started slightly veering the car towards them......I didn't even get out of the lane before catching myself and quite frankly being a little disturbed and scared of the scenario. Needless to say, I thought to myself "...Okay, thats definitely a sign to stop" ^^;

Slangeveld

Jun 1, 2010
Milo Windby said:
You know you have been playing to long when... you start dreaming about the game at night... Minecraft dreams... very odd. (Or as one dream was, Minecraft and Left 4 dead at the same time )
LOL? D: You serious? I had the EXACT thing...

Weirdly enough, It was more focused on creepers/bombers than zombies xD But man was it weird. I even remember a few parts.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
After playing alot of L4D2, anyone in a hoodie makes me fumble for a shotgun that isn't there...

And theres the "why can't i climb bulidings?" Phase after playing any AC game

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
I know I've gamed too much when my power bill is $20 more one month to the next...

I know I've gamed a lot when I have game related dreams. Not long ago I dreamed of making a castle in a cave (minecraft) with lava all around it. And there were people there. *shrug*

Also, I know I've been playing too long when I hold me pee so long I don't have to go anymore.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
walkingdead127 said:
I fell for the old Fallout 3 syndrome were you look at a bobby pin and think you need it for picking locks later.
like this, except whenever I see a medkit attached to a wall, I wonder if there are stimpaks inside.

LewHammer

Feb 13, 2011
I remember once years ago playing MGS2 all day and then leaving my room and my mum was standing there and i thought "Oh shit i've been spotted" and expected to see the 'Alert' thingy appear then quickly realised i was actually back in real life now...

TheSolemnHypnotic

Dec 12, 2010
Music Games= when you look away from the cascading notes to a wall in your house, it appears the paint is moving.
I once woke up to find myself air guitaring in my sleep.
Thumbs move while you sleep (trigger fingers ready).
When you close your eyes you see screenshots.
You lose 10+ lbs during Christmas break because you forgot to eat. (I finally got Among Thieves for Xmas).