You know you've been playing ... too long when ...

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
AFter playing a little to much Demon's Souls I found myself peeking around corners to see if there where any enemies there and using my shoping bag as some kind of shield and holding it in a defensive position. Felt really silly when I caught my self doing it.

Shade184

Nov 11, 2009
You know you've been playing Braid for too long when you reach for your Shift key to try and rewind time after making a mistake.

Also, you know you've been playing Saints Row 2 for too long when you turn on the radio and hear censor bleeps, and are genuinely surprised.

Digi7 said:
When if you can't find your way to something, you try to raise an imaginary sword to the sunlight so the beams will point you in the right direction...

Literally, I once came out of class and was about to go up to where I was meeting a girl, and I reached to my side to pull out the Ancient Sword. It was quite embarrasing.
Which game?

Veloxe said:
I was watching Taken (I believe it was taken) and at one point the guy takes out 5 people and then hides under the bodies waiting for 3 more guys to enter the room. I'm sitting there on the couch and just uttered "Fucking camper". Too much FPS for me I think.
Haha, I did that too. (I think it was actually with Taken as well. :D)

ConnorCool

Master Assassin
Apr 23, 2009
I was riding my bike, and saw some ducks fly past, and I reached for my pistol. Damn you John Marston, damn you!
And you definitely know you have been playing too long when you run over a hooker to get your money back. I haven't done this by the way.

Rob Shogun

Sep 17, 2008
Osaka117 said:
Also, whenever I see a cardboard box I say "It's just a box...back to your positions."
Yep, done that one, walked past a box, stopped, gone back to it, looked it and said "...just a box!" a friend of mine used to think that Snake was saying that from inside the box in the original MGS

You know when you've played L4D too much when you get gas and start making boomer noises or you hear special infected out in the street

Sepphyre

Mar 3, 2011
You know you've been playing Fallout New Vegas too long when you go to the fridge and skip over the Sarsparilla, knowing full well that it won't quench your thirst.

A friend of mine, a respectable university lecturer, was walking through the carpark on the way home and no doubt looking forward to some WoW PvP. She was talking to another friend on her mobile, loudly (as you tend to on mobiles), and blurted out something to the effect of "I can't wait to get home and kill some people!", no doubt to the shock of any onlooker who wasn't aware of the context.

newuseforvintage

In Andre the Giant's posse
Sep 6, 2009
You know you've been playing DDR for too long when you instinctively imagine the arrow steps any time you hear anything remotely musical.
It's called 'The Tetris Effect', true story.

Batfred

Nov 11, 2009
Mallefunction said:
I notice I've played a game too long when I try to play a different one and assume that the controls for the other game work same for the one I was playing before (EX: I played AC: Brotherhood for well over 60 hours and then went to Okami, expecting to run faster by pressing R1 and X :D)
When you've been playin Uncharted and switch to CoD. I need to reload, quick R2.... bugger, grenade at my feet! BOOOOM! Batfred mistakes were made.

Alternatively, when it is 5am and work starts in just 3 hours!

MakazeX

Mar 1, 2011
The only funny one is Mass effect 2 for me. I ended up adapting a Shepard voice in real life for a while. That's normal? Oh and I remember being spoken too and remaining silent, waiting for the conversation choices to come up... They never did sadly.

And that concludes the only time I will let myself play a game for that long xD;

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
I once played way too much Vice City over a weekend, then when I got up on Monday I spent a second in that still-half-asleep fuzzyness looking around for a savepoint so I could quit and go to school. Sadly, I didn't find one.

conflictofinterests

Apr 6, 2010
You know you've been playing Assassin's Creed too much when you think to yourself, "Yeah, I could climb that..." whenever you see a new building.

Osaka117

Feb 20, 2011
I totally forgot about this one, which is weird since I do it all the time. Whenever I'm in a store, any kind of store, and I walk by the pharmaceutical section, I always pick up an advil or something similar and say " grabbin peels!" no matter who's around.

Jim Grim

Jun 6, 2009
I was walking down the street, and it was kinda foggy in the distance. Immediately I thought "Hm, better turn up the draw distance."

BrionJames

Jul 8, 2009
I know I've been playing Metal Gear Solid too much when I'm walking around town and I lock eyes with a stranger and hear the Guard alert noise and start to look for an exit.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
When you're about to enter the subway and think that it might be best to save before, just in case something happens.

True story.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
I gave myself vertigo for two weeks after playing fallout 3... it was fucking awful.