You must move to a country that borders your own, forever - which do you pick?

schtingah

Jun 1, 2011
As a Belgian, I'm fairly spoiled for choice. But since I can't speak German, I don't like speaking French and Luxembourg has a very weird language that makes no sense it would have to be the Netherlands.

fleischwolke

Feb 8, 2010
I'm in Germany, and I'd go to Austria, because there's be no language barrier, and because Vienna rocks!

chinangel

Sep 25, 2009
:/
Living in Canada kinda limits my options to nunavut or America....but maybe i'll hitch a ride to AUSTRALIA! <3

Luciella

May 3, 2011
tippy2k2 said:
Well....this isn't very difficult :)

I'm an American (Minnesota to be precise)

Mexico: Terribly poor country with a fairly corrupt government and a drug war that is killing thousands.
Canada: Just like America except a little bit more French and has Universal Health Care

Shit, I could hope into my car and be in Canada by the end of the day if I wanted to. See you in Canada eh.

Silly Canada joke time! "So I was looking through the history book and saw that it's supposed to be called CND. However, every time someone asked how to spell it, Canadians would say C eh N eh D eh! and the name stuck!

Your conception of Mexico is whats terribly poor.
The part that its very hostile, very corrupted is the borders thanx to USA drug demand.

On a side note, not in 1 million years ill go live USA , i live in Mexico. Sorry dudes your country has the highest violence in all the continent, i dont feel like being shot point blank, killed by a sociopath serial killer, bullied by whatever clan has against my white skin and spanish native o r simply cuz im mexican, or get my kids killed in a school massacre cuz a kid decided he needed to shoot people. Or have 40 mortgages on my house to have the "appearance" to the neighbors im doing good.
Guatemala isnt the place either, so i guess ill just go swim to Bahamas.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
I'd go to Mexico. Canada would be safer and offer better health care... but it's fucking cold up there and their Mexican food is probably shit compared to the actual Mexico. Besides, it's not like I couldn't get smuggled back into the USA somehow (oooooh!)

locoartero

Jan 3, 2011
Seeing as I'm from Argentina and it's pretty much a photocopy of our country down to it's core...
Shit yeah, I'm off to Uruguay!

Bolwing

Mar 5, 2012
eevangoh said:
Well, Ukraine is fucked, isn't it? We border like 15 of those, being a European country and all, but every single one of those is either incredibly poor (Belarus, Moldova, Georgia), terribly boring (Poland, Hungary, Slovakia), or Russia. In fact, I'm moving to St Petersburg for a few years when I've graduated, but live there my whole life? Oh dog. Am I at least allowed to go on holidays?

Also, why do all of you Americans pick Canada over Mexico? I'd much rather live somewhere not terribly boring and annoying-accent infested.
As a Polishman (Pole, whatever, sounds stupid anyway) I can confirm that my country is, indeed, incredibly boring. And the weather is terrible. Food's good, though.

OT: Well, the only logical place to run is Germany. In other countries I would either die of boredom, a bullet to the head, or starvation.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
I really really don't want to move to Finland or Norway, like ever. I think I'd pick Germany or Denmark, since the borders in the sea should count too. Denmark might not be that bad, but I think I could love Germany, since they make great music at least. Rammstein, Oomph etc. I'd pick Germany, pretty easy choice.

Cybele

Jun 7, 2010
Living in Estonia my options are:

Russia
Latvia
Finland (by sea)
Sweden (also by sea...I think)

Sweden here I come!

Kiltguy

Lurker extraordinaré
Jan 23, 2011

Norway, therer's no other option. Being freed of the oppressive EU is like a dream, Norway has a strong economy, beautiful nature, and I can understand the language (for most of the time).

Piss of Sweden, Norway here I come.

Chindar

Tech Vet
Jan 22, 2010
Since it is within a morning's walk to the border, the cold doesn't bother me and some relatives live there, I'm going to Canada!

Is anyone else annoyed when they say "I'm from New York" and people assume New York City (statistically wrong)? Also, "upstate" is not anything north of NYC & Long Island and is certainly not Binghamton, NY!

Blaster395

Dec 13, 2009
The UK has 3 countries that it officially borders on lands, but lots more countries if you include the British Antarctic territory.

Land borders excluding Antarctic territory:
1. Republic of Ireland (Bordering Northern Ireland)
2. Cyprus (Bordering Akrotiri and Dhekelia)
3. Spain (Bordering Gibraltar)

Land borders of the Antarctic territory:
4. Argentina
5. Chile
6. Australia
7. Norway
8. France
9. New Zealand

Out of these, I would probably pick New Zealand.

Proeliator

Aug 22, 2012
Canada.
They made Nathan Filion, it must be fantastic up there!

But what if you live in the Vatican?

Pyrolithic

May 2, 2011
I'm surprised the first Canadian poster referenced St-Pierre and Miquelon, and a little bit impressed.

I mean, if you're only allowed to pick countries with which your country shares a contiguous border, than yeah, I'd be stuck with picking the U.S., but if you can pick countries that are only a stone's throw away across the water, then France it is!

meryatathagres

Mar 1, 2011
Living in Finland, I have a choice between Sweden, Norway and Russia. I'll add Estonia by the sea. I guess it comes down between Norway and Estonia. I think I'll pick Estonia since I like Tallinn. OTOH Norway is rich. Can't make up my mind.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
From Canada.

I'd happily go to the US. Ridiculous portions of cheap delicious food and jobs that pay decently? SOLD!