You own a pub, what's it called?

JohanGasMask

Jun 25, 2009
Just press the button marked Booze!
Bit long for a pub but its my pub and i do what i want with it.

Scratch17

Mar 1, 2011
Tharwen said:
Scratch17 said:
But honestly, most of the names I've seen that have an '&' in them are kinda catchy and fun to say for me. There's one near where I live called the Slug & Lettuce.
(Double post, yay!)

You wouldn't happen to be talking about the one in Nottingham next to the Cornerhouse would you?
No, this one's in Durbanville, Cape Town, South Africa near the Midas hardware store. :x

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
R4ptur3 said:
Saw the pirate ship thread and thought, why the hell not.

You own a great pub/bar, and all you need now is a name to bring in the locals and drunk folk alike (most of the time the same thing). In fact the pub's so good that no one cares whether or not the name is rude, it can be whatever you want.

Mine would be the Redcoat's Demise, it just sounds good, and what with being British and all, i think it goes quite well.
Damn, I was nearly able to answer this question for real. About two years ago a friend approached me with the offer of buying the "leasehold" on a pub. It already had a name but I could have called the thing any damn thing I wanted. However I said no because running a pub is hard work and something I know not much about.

Not sure what I would have called it. I probably would have just started a thread like this and stole the best name off someone else.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Scratch17 said:
Tharwen said:
Scratch17 said:
But honestly, most of the names I've seen that have an '&' in them are kinda catchy and fun to say for me. There's one near where I live called the Slug & Lettuce.
(Double post, yay!)

You wouldn't happen to be talking about the one in Nottingham next to the Cornerhouse would you?
No, this one's in Durbanville, Cape Town, South Africa near the Midas hardware store. :x
Oh. Well, it was worth a try.

Now I must devote my efforts to working out which one copied the other!

N.Manth

Dec 9, 2009
either 'The Queen's Blessing' or 'The Volunteer'

Not hugely original but i love both names.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
I defer to George Carlin's skit in "You Are All Diseased" about bar names. That should be enlightening to a few of you, at least.