You people are insane....(Yet another rape thread)

Bassik

Jun 15, 2011
I don't really have an opinion about rape other then "don't do it", since I find it too complex to come up with a catchy slogan or something.
But just so we are clear, rape jokes are still okay, right?

Xyliss

Mar 21, 2010
shrekfan246 said:

I would like to see a specific post on this website where somebody typed out the words "Well, she was asking for it! She shouldn't have been dressed like that!"

If you can't provide that simple request for me, then my only response is that gif.
I haven't seen anything on this site, but I have seen a couple of places (once or twice on news sites....though they may not be entirely reliable news sites) that the victim was dressed provocatively and thus was 'asking for it'...I think that's ridiculous but I have seen it.

OT: I agree almost wholly with everything you have said, except one thing. A friend of a friend of mine got accused of rape and was almost sent to prison for it until it emarged that he had sex with a girl (and she consented) but then in the morning regretted it and told the authorities that he had raped her...should we condemn him? or listen to his story, because from what you were saying it sounds like as soon as someone is accused we should make them suffer and send them straight to prison (which I agree with punishment, so long as it is proven)

Ryan All

Jun 12, 2012
By the way, OP and supporters,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe4vrS1N7Rw
If this was real, this guy would have had completely consensual sex.... and gone to jail for it just for the lady being 17, and not knowing her age either.

karamazovnew

Apr 4, 2011
To be honest, things can become borderline even inside a relationship. It's sometimes hard to take no for an answer. And it's also difficult for the partner to say a clear no. It took a bit of thinking, talking and putting in place a few "panic buttons" to create the trust and freedom of expression that we both need. I can only guess how complicated it must be when it comes to half-consensual sex at a drunken party. It might be easy to put the blame on the girls that attend such parties. But it would be so much simple if the guys didn't drink like pigs and realized that even a willing girl might just be more trouble that she's worth. I don't sleep with strangers. I don't get drunk. I've downright refused girls which were under-age and those which were even slightly tipsy. I prefer to have the first sex either in my home, or in her home. Quite a few girls will get "proper fucked" and maybe that will educate the rest. Maybe quite a few guys will flood the jails for nothin' and serve as a reminder for the rest of us. Since we're too stupid to learn by other means, this will have to do for the time.

But most rapes don't fall in such grey areas. They're vicious, violent, clear-cut things. None of those end up nicely. And very few are "solo" deals. Those guys deserve no understanding and no compassion, but the full force of the justice system. Life in prison on your tax money is too good for them.

ericbod8998

Jul 25, 2012
One of my friends underwent this ordeal:

A girl residing in a different city meets my friend after months of flirting online, exchanging romantic texts, talking long hours on phone about everything under the sun including sexual preferences, likes and dislikes etc. They eventually meet one day, have a lot of fun, go out to different places, shop, eat, watch movies, share private moments at every opportunity they have.
They decide to sleep over at my friend's place before she leaves for her place the next day. They get drunk lightly that night and end up having consensual sex. They wake up the next morning, no regrets nothing. Everything's fine - girl leaves his place unwillingly as her accountancy exams were fast approaching. Girl hugs, kisses the guy promising to meet again asap. They talk fine for a couple of weeks and that's when the girl starts showing lesser interest interest in him eventually stopping talking to him. That's when my friend learns she has got into a serious relationship with another guy (say X). A couple of months into that relationship out of guilt or for being truthful in that relationship or whatever tells him about her previous sexual encounter and tells it was not consensual. She obviously could not have told it was consensual which would mean branding herself a slut. She probably regretted that one night stand and that was the best way she could justify/ rationalize her sleeping with my friend. The guy (X) then concludes that she was raped. But, no charges filed and demands an apology.
The guy's (X) conclusion that it was rape defies all logic to me.
How should my friend deal with this?